Page 1 of 45
... LastLast

Elementalist Discussion

Because they need one too.

So let's start off this discussion with a question: Do you have any concerns over how the Elementalist currently is? What is your opinion of it?
    Additionally, if you plan on making one, post your setup.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Skills tool -
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List...ntalist_skills
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List...ntalist_traits

From the Read Me:

The elementalist channels natural forces of destruction, making fire, air, earth, and water do her bidding. What the elementalist lacks in physical toughness, she makes up for in her ability to inflict massive damage in a single attack, dropping foes from a distance before they can become a threat. Yet, despite her incredible offensive potential, versatility is what makes the elementalist truly formidable.

Rather than swap weapons to adjust to new situations, the multi-faceted elementalist quickly adapts to new threats by attuning to different elements as needed. When the elementalist attunes to any of the four elements, she receives intrinsic bonuses that continually empower her.

With FIRE attunement, the elementalist can inflict scorching damage on multiple enemies by turning the ground to fire or raining down molten rock from the skies. Why kill just one enemy when you can burn them all? Just by attuning to fire, the elementalist automatically causes flame damage to any foe foolish enough to touch her.

When the elementalist attunes to AIR, she can harness wind and lightning to target specific foes with focused, high-damage attacks. Dazzling bolts of lightning rip from the elementalist's fingertips, and brilliant flashes of light blind her enemies. When an elementalist attunes to air, nearby enemies are continuously pelted with lightning strikes.

WATER attunement forgoes the raw damage of air and fire, in favor of controlling an opponent's movement. By creating slippery ice or freezing foes solid, water attunement ensures that the battle is always fought on the elementalist's terms. Nearby allies receive continuous healing from an elementalist who is attuned to water.

In the most dangerous situations, the elementalist relies on the powerful defense of EARTH attunement. An earth elementalist uses the ground under her feet to defend herself and her allies, turning flesh to stone, destabilizing foes with seismic shocks, and destroying threats with volcanic eruptions. Earth attunement automatically confers magical protection to the elementalist.

Elementalists have a number of special spell types:

• Glyphs—These arcane spells enhance or modify the natural power of the elementalist. She uses the Glyph of Elemental Power to increase the damage, range, and duration of her spells.
    • Signets—Signets provide an ongoing benefit to the elementalist, but can also be activated for a greater effect. An elementalist equipped with the Signet of Earth has increased damage resistance, but activating the Signet sends out a wave of stone, stunning nearby enemies.
    • Conjure Spells—The elementalist uses Conjure spells to summon useful items and potent weapons that she or other party members can use. For instance, she uses Conjure Flame to create a fiery rock to hurl at the enemy.
    • Area Spells—Using Area spells, the elementalist creates hazards and mayhem all over the field of battle. The elementalist fires lava arrows in a cone-shaped blast or creates walls of fire that scorch any enemies passing through.

Attunements

The elementalist has four elemental attunements that they can tap into. These attunements are represented by four skills that are located on the bar above their normal skills. When an elementalist switches attunements, the first five skills on their bar will change. These five skills are based on the elementalist's attunement and their current weapon, so that a fire-attuned elementalist will have different skills when he wields a staff than when he wields a scepter or focus. In addition to changing the elementalist's skills, attunements also work like a normal skill and provide an ongoing effect.

Weapons
    • Main Hand: Scepter and Dagger
    • Two Handed: Staff
    • Off Hand: Dagger and Focus
    • Aquatic: Trident

Elementalist Skill List
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

Veldril on conjuring:

For conjuring weapons skills, there is one weapon for each elements: Fire Axe, Frost Bow, Lightning Hammer, and Earth Shield (and Love. Go captain Planet!!! :P) The weapons seem to last for 15 skills usage.

Fire Axe seems to be short to medium range AoE weapons with an AoE charge. Almost all skills are AoE damage skills.

Frost Bow is more of a long range control/support weapons, with the first skill that deal damages and heal, while others cause some kind of conditions (or creating ice wall).

Lightning Hammer looks like a melee weapons with a wide swing and melee AoE skills such as Static Field (same skill from staff but in this case it is cast with yourself as a center). It also has a leap ability like warrior or guardian too. Talking about Thor's hammer!!!

Earth Shield pretty much centers around defensive ability (such as skill five which make you block all attacks). But it still has some offensive control ability (such as throwing shield to cripple enemies in a line). It basically turn you into a Captain America :P

So it seems that Elementalist with the conjure weapons retain the position of the profession with highest amount of skills available and trumps the Engineer in that regard :P

Elementalist beta footage:

And a collection of other Elementalist videos:

Yogscast Elementalist Spotlight
    Guild Wars 2 - Elementalist (Ep.9)
    Human Elementalist G-Star 2011 1/3 Korean commentary
    Human Elementalist G-Star 2011 2/3 Korean commentary
    Human Elementalist G-Star 2011 3/3 Korean commentary
    TotalBiscuit Norn Elementalist PvP Eurogamer 2011
    Guild Wars 2 Demo - Comparing land and water combat
    Guild Wars 2: Elementalist Gameplay Comic-Con 2011
    Guild Wars 2 Epic Battle Off-Screen Footage
    Guild Wars 2 - Gamescon 2010 Presentation Full HD
    Guild Wars 2 HQ Shatterer Attacks @ Gamescom 2010
    Guild Wars 2 - The Elementalist!
    Guild Wars 2: Underwater Elementalist Comic-Con 2011
    GW2 Charr Elementalist with Crafting
    GW2 Human Elementalist
    PART 1/4 Guild Wars 2: Elementalist Gameplay PAX East 2011
    PART 2/4 Guild Wars 2: Elementalist Gameplay PAX East 2011
    PART 3/4 Guild wars 2: Elementalist Gameplay PAX East 2011
    PART 4/4 Guild Wars 2: Elementalist Gameplay Pax East 2011
    PAX East 2011 - Guild Wars 2 - Air Elementalist

A few screenshots.

http://www.guildwars2.com/global/inc...ning-earth.jpg
    http://www.guildwars2.com/global/inc.../ele/gw081.jpg
    http://www.guildwars2.com/global/inc...eor-shower.jpg
    http://www.guildwars2.com/global/inc...atic-field.jpg
    http://www.guildwars2.com/global/inc.../ele/gw866.jpg
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-03-10 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to make my water attunement healer!

Not really.

Looking forward to the massive amount of skills they get though, will probably level one alongside my main.

Now now, it's all about timing, when the theif thread dies then you start a new one.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of wish the elemental weapons you can summon weren't temporary, otherwise I'd totally be an elementalist.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Now now, it's all about timing, when the theif thread dies then you start a new one.
    Or we can mingle and co-exist in peace.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I kind of wish the elemental weapons you can summon weren't temporary, otherwise I'd totally be an elementalist.
    Do you know how long they last?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 07:30 PM ----------

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fiery_Greatsword

30 seconds, though it's subject to change of course.

Edit: Though further reading shows the non-elites only have a 60 second cooldown, which means they'll last even less or the downtime will be much more bearable.

Inconceivable!

Also, let's hope Water elementalist doesn't become a requirement for groups...

Inconceivable!

Also, let's hope Water elementalist doesn't become a requirement for groups...
    Yeah, I hope they don't become the pseudo-healers of this game. =\

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 07:34 PM ----------

By the way, the setup I plan to use for PvP, at least until we get an updated tool: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...itch=2b630ad31

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post

Edit: Though further reading shows the non-elites only have a 60 second cooldown, which means they'll last even less or the downtime will be much more bearable.
    So just have two utility skills as conjure. =P 100% uptime.

10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR]

Well once picked up they last forever, but they only have 15 charges before they disappear. They have a 60 second cooldown before you can re summon a weapon though.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-02-24 at 12:57 AM.

Deleted
    Waiting for a Guardian thread then <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Your time is not yet. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    There is, it's just kind of dead.

It's just dead, we really don't need these discussions separately. The one thread or mass info thread works just fine.

Deleted
    The Elementalist is my favorite class this far. Totally gonna play it! ^^

It's just dead, we really don't need these discussions separately. The one thread or mass info thread works just fine.
    Get your negativity out of this thread, away from the forum, and on another website!

Deleted
    Your time is not yet. <3
    We Guardians are patient, I will wait until the time is right for me :<

An asura elementalist turning into a tornado? What's not to love
    And scary as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    We Guardians are patient, I will wait until the time is right for me :<
    I'm not, patience isn't one of guardian's virtues!

10+ Year Old Account
    ill make sure it never dies!
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I'm not, patience isn't one of guardian's virtues!
    I have a feeling guardians are going to circumvent their duties by using that excuse: "I CAN DRINNK AND DRIVE, IT'S NOT PART OF MY VIRTUES NOT TO DO SO!"