Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am surprised no one posts these video links yet. (Can't post links yet, just put www in front of the youtube)

Elementalist's Skills and Traits: youtube/watch?v=ZvKzw_dLoz4&feature=plcp&context=C30a55a8UDOEgsToPDskLKVNuuVH-rrPZqXR9fqD3e

Elementalist's Skills (including conjure weapons' skills): youtube/watch?v=E3tpzyXK3CU&list=UUoT3pUXscJUm6Hbj29edYyQ&index=8&feature=plcp

For conjuring weapons skills, there is one weapon for each elements: Fire Axe, Frost Bow, Lightning Hammer, and Earth Shield (and Love. Go captain Planet!!! :P) The weapons seem to last for 15 skills usage.

Fire Axe seems to be short to medium range AoE weapons with an AoE charge. Almost all skills are AoE damage skills.

Frost Bow is more of a long range control/support weapons, with the first skill that deal damages and heal, while others cause some kind of conditions (or creating ice wall).

Lightning Hammer looks like a melee weapons with a wide swing and melee AoE skills such as Static Field (same skill from staff but in this case it is cast with yourself as a center). It also has a leap ability like warrior or guardian too. Talking about Thor's hammer!!!

Earth Shield pretty much centers around defensive ability (such as skill five which make you block all attacks). But it still has some offensive control ability (such as throwing shield to cripple enemies in a line). It basically turn you into a Captain America :P

So it seems that Elementalist with the conjure weapons retain the position of the profession with highest amount of skills available and trumps the Engineer in that regard :P

Quote Originally Posted by Laste View Post
    I may look super nerdy for putting this much thought into my elementalist build already, but oh well. I want some outside opinions.

I maxed out Earth Magic because I’m pretty certain it grants a passive armor bonus, which I imagine would be nice to have while being up in melee range. Earth also has some of the most important equipable traits in my build, so I needed access to all three slots. Written in Stone allows my passive signet benefits to continue even after activating my signet, meaning my Signet of Water will continue to remove a condition from me every three seconds, and my Signet of Rejuvenation will continue to heal me every time I cast a spell. It may not seem that amazing, but imagine if my Signet of Water ticks right after someone immobilizes me. I just saved myself from being unable to move for five seconds.

The summoned elemental I get from the glyph also lasts for a minute, where as the cooldown is only 45 seconds, meaning it should have almost 100% uptime unless it is killed.
    There are a couple of things I would like to point out. The first is that the elemental summoning skills will not recharge unless your elemental is killed. So you have to wait 45 seconds after your elemental dies before you can summon another. So you might want to put that slot in other skill instead. I would say Arcane Shield might be a better skill slot for that if you want survivability because it give you three blocks of incoming attacks.

Another thing is that I am pretty confident that "Written in Stone" will undergo a redesign or some sort of change. The current form of this trait is not so creative and boring in term of game play. Signets are designed to make players choose to activate for an immediate effect or use passive effects on it. Written in Stone just destroy this dilemma and I do not think that it is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Yeah I'm a bit worried for Eles. I hope they don't become mandatory for the group because of healing. Similar to Guardians I suppose.
    I would say that is not a big of a problem. They might be able to support quite better than, says Warrior or Thief, but they cannot heal through all the damages dealt by npcs or other players. And normally Elementalists would have access to at most three heal skills (staff), which does not heal that much at all.

Water attunement deals less damage and heal for very little because it is more of a support/control element. Fire is a pure damage element; Air is pretty much damage and control (and a little bit of support in Staff); Earth is more of a control/survival. So playing water as main element would mean you are going to support and control more than dealing damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Good going! I wish I could do this for the mesmer, but there is not enough information for me to do so Hopefully there will be some later on or soon.
    I wouldn't mind doing some PvP with ya' D:
    There are a couple of good videos for mesmers. Check these out:

youtube/watch?v=O5ATXO_mSsY&feature=plcp&context=C36eda21UDOEgsToPDskLc252mBOjhojeK-UwM5Fhm - Mesmer's skills and traits.

youtube/watch?v=2kYALiuab4c&list=UUoT3pUXscJUm6Hbj29edYyQ&index=4&feature=plcp - Mesmer's skills

Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    I doubt guardians and water elementalists will become mandatory simply because the mind set of the game is "revolutionary". People in groups that lack a "true support" (i.e. Guardian) won't care; they'll grab anyone they can find because it's Guild Wars 2.
    It also depends on how a player put points in to traits too. If a player max out the water trait line, then he would be better in support than deal damage. But that does not mean the Elementalist is the only class that can support. Engineer putting traits into a support line can support as good as the Elementalists. Same goes to the Guardian or even Necromancer. Hell, if you look at the Warrior's support traits you can even say that Warrior can be a really good reviver!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Planned race: Asura because they're no other valid option.

<Snip>
    "Approved"

OT:

I'll have an Asura Elementalist for sure as an alt, probably dagger/dagger build atm. But not sure, could be staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Maybe true, but then I wonder... The damage of water is most likely lower than fire and lighting. If it's healing is indeed so weak, I wonder what the point of using it will be. I mean, fire with all its magnificent damage will probably makeits use dead in the water(sorry for the pun). And I don't like that, since water is my favorite element and I would really want to see it used.
    He was talking about being a permanent healer, which would be extremely weak since you only have 1 spammable spell. Water has several healing CDs as well, and some other utility/damage spells. If you want to be good at Elementalist you won't just use one element, you'll swap between them, and there's plenty of reason to swap to Water.

Deleted
    So far I like elementalist. Seems cool to be able to use the 4 elements and I have also decided for the first time in any mmorpg game that i'm going to be a ranged class. and elementalist is the one who looks most promising

Would be nice to add some links to the first post if this one will be our primary elementalists thread =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Would be nice to add some links to the first post if this one will be our primary elementalists thread =)
    Suggestion noted and accepted.

edit: I've renovated the first post, most of it is taken from other threads. If anyone has any additional links or information please share.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-27 at 12:08 AM.

Suggestion noted and accepted.

edit: I've renovated the first post, most of it is taken from other threads. If anyone has any additional links or information please share.
    Awesome!

Guild Wars 2 wiki seems to be updated with skills and traits already. You guys might want to check that out.

I think I would want to play a charr dagger/dagger elementalist as one of my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldril View Post
    Guild Wars 2 wiki seems to be updated with skills and traits already. You guys might want to check that out.
    Isnt traits something not yet implemented?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit... it's hard to resist the idea of making a Lightning-only Elementalist...

*twitch*

*twitch*

Maybe I can use Air and Water magic and try to satisfy myself as being a Storm mage. Yeah. Surely I can satisfy my unhealthy obsession with lightning that way....

*twitch*
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Dammit... it's hard to resist the idea of making a Lightning-only Elementalist...

*twitch*

*twitch*

Maybe I can use Air and Water magic and try to satisfy myself as being a Storm mage. Yeah. Surely I can satisfy my unhealthy obsession with lightning that way....

*twitch*
    Did you see lightning hammer and its abilities already? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you see lightning hammer and its abilities already? xD
    I typically hate the idea of going with temporary weapons, but it's waaaaaaay too tempting to ignore!

Totally planning for Dagger/Dagger with either Staff or Scepter/Focus, and picking the lightning hammer as my favorite utility. It's a good thing it summons one for me AND one at the target location, else I wouldn't share.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I typically hate the idea of going with temporary weapons, but it's waaaaaaay too tempting to ignore!

Totally planning for Dagger/Dagger with either Staff or Scepter/Focus, and picking the lightning hammer as my favorite utility. It's a good thing it summons one for me AND one at the target location, else I wouldn't share.
    I won't laugh at you if all you do is lightning whip shit around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't laugh at you if all you do is lightning whip shit around.
    I can also Lightning Touch you...

Edit: For the record, this makes me want to go Charr Elementalist, and name him Matuk. He will be reborn... and this time, daggers ARE good for the spec!
    ...and apparently a 2handed hammer...
    ...and if I go into Earth Attunement, Scepter/Focus would let me be "tanky" for allies...

Uh oh. ._.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-27 at 02:34 AM.

Isnt traits something not yet implemented?
    The latest beta (for press) seemed to have the trait system implemented. You can check it out in one of the video I linked above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldril View Post
    The latest beta (for press) seemed to have the trait system implemented. You can check it out in one of the video I linked above.
    Implemented, but not fully complete, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Elementalist will be-

-Charr
    -Female
    -I study all the elements, but I wear a circlet that symbolizes my love of air.
    -I am proud to be an Iron Legion soldier.
    -I would die for my warband, especially Maverick, my sparring partner.
    -They tell me the soldier that sired me is an honorless gladium.

I'll be toying with all spells and weapons until I find the right one on her.
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2012-02-27 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    The Elementalist is gonna be my first choice, but its gonna take a while for me to find out what setup I like and how to play it well. But hey, thats part of the fun for me =)

That video in the OP almost guaranteed that I'm picking up a scepter and focus Elementalist

Editted in a link to build: Build
    Last edited by Hellgaunt; 2012-02-27 at 12:32 PM.