Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ...
26
34
35
36
37
38
... LastLast
  1. #701
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's definitely an extremely fun profession. It would be my main, if aesthetically I didn't prefer my Thief. Funny how the profession I enjoy most isn't my main. :S
    The one i prefer Aesthetically is totally ranger, yet mesmer has taken over my main slot due to the tiny ass skill ceiling ranger has... it's just... unfair on my ranger, it's become unfun due to no one standing a snowflakes chance in hell...

    Well back on topic...

    @Doozerjun: i totally agree!! A lot of people that bitch and moan how ele is broken are the ones that go "LOLOLOLOLZ!! i'm a fire magez guyz!!" and then that doesn't work out (for obvious reasons) and they bitch and moan about how ele is broken and needs fixing immediately...

    Then you see the ele like the one i saw the other day who was using a staff and was single handedly keeping the top seal of lyss down (the one opposite of entrance), it was scary... and beautiful... but mostly scary...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  2. #702
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    @Doozerjun: i totally agree!! A lot of people that bitch and moan how ele is broken are the ones that go "LOLOLOLOLZ!! i'm a fire magez guyz!!" and then that doesn't work out (for obvious reasons) and they bitch and moan about how ele is broken and needs fixing immediately...

    Then you see the ele like the one i saw the other day who was using a staff and was single handedly keeping the top seal of lyss down (the one opposite of entrance), it was scary... and beautiful... but mostly scary...
    Careful, if you insinuate on the internet that anybody is being even mildly unskilled, rage will come. Can't go around telling people "L2P" after all.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  3. #703
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Careful, if you insinuate on the internet that anybody is being even mildly unskilled, rage will come. Can't go around telling people "L2P" after all.
    lol but it's true... they don't know how to play so they say it's bad... The good ones just hand you your ass and shoo you away because you're not even worthy to gaze upon the destruction they can cause... they scare me...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  4. #704
    It's why I take complaints about professions with a grain of salt. Someone gets killed with their class, obviously it's because the class is broken.

  5. #705
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's why I take complaints about professions with a grain of salt. Someone gets killed with their class, obviously it's because the class is broken.
    Lol ya I know I was pvping with me friend on my ele (I'd say I'm mediocre with ele) and killed 3 people in a 1v3 (they were REALLY bad) and he was saying how they'll all be on the forums now saying how their prof is broken and eles are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  6. #706
    Grunt mythdemonx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    10
    Is it just me or doesn't Ring of Fire apply Burn anymore???

  7. #707
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by mythdemonx View Post
    Is it just me or doesn't Ring of Fire apply Burn anymore???
    It does... i got thrown through it yesterday and combusted into flames...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  8. #708
    I had to dig a little for this thread. :P

    So, my boyfriend and I have been playing elementalists and I think we're both a little clueless as to how best to spend our trait points. Usually that means we check out the rated builds on gw2db, but there don't seem to be many for this class. What's the recommendation for maximum dps? Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a healing/support build that'd be great too. Thanks.

  9. #709
    Evasive Arcana destroyed. Is there a support group for depressed elementalists?

  10. #710
    I've planned to level ele to 80 right after mesmer. But... elementalist seems sooooooo weak compared to any other profession. I've asked my guildies how is he at higher levels and they say "it's hard but playable". Do you think ArenaNet should rework this profession?

  11. #711
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I've planned to level ele to 80 right after mesmer. But... elementalist seems sooooooo weak compared to any other profession. I've asked my guildies how is he at higher levels and they say "it's hard but playable". Do you think ArenaNet should rework this profession?
    Part of me says yes, part of me says no. I don't do sPvP, so I couldn't weigh in on that side of things. To me, the Ele is a very, very fun class to play, but at times it seems painfully weak. I'd like to see a little more synergy between attunements, something to add a little more strategy to the class. Also, I personally think their traits could use an overhaul/complete redesign. I can't find a single build that I like, though I'm sure others are just fine with what is there. I guess I'll just continue to have a love/hate with the Ele.

  12. #712
    Has anyone tried a conjured weapon build? I've seen some mention of a water attunement + lightning hammer, but I can't seem to find a build for it.

    I'm really struggling to find a fun and effective way to play elementalist. So far I've tried an earth/bleed build and a glass cannon build (which feels all glass and no cannon), but I found neither to be fun or particularly effective. Could be the class just isn't for me, but I'm not giving up yet. :P

  13. #713
    I played with Conjures a ton during beta, and they can be somewhat fun and fill a gap in a pinch. A staff Ele, for example, could get some use from any of the melee weapons, while a dual dagger could get some benefit from the frost bow. However, none of the weapons are good enough to keep equipped for all of their charges. I would conjure a weapon and burn through the cool downs, then drop it.

    Hammer is solid damage with a bit of control. I would usually do the knockback, followed by the charge, get an auto hit in then put up the stun field around the target. If there were multiple enemies nearby, then the AoE would be used. If you are in a group and you are not the target of the enemy, then you can get a good number of attacks in and do some decent damage.

    The Axe is decent, though I wish it did a bit more damage. The nice thing is that you can do Ring of Fire, Retreat, Charge and get a Fire Shield and Might while stacking some burns on a target or two. The ranged attack is decent at best.

    The Shield is more useful in a group than solo, but it still has some uses. When in a group I would use the Charge, followed by the AoE pull, followed by the invuln shield. If timed and communicated with your party, they can dump a bunch of AoE on top of you, decimating the enemy. Follow that with a roll backwards and then bust a Cap'n America shield throw to slow any enemies still giving chase.

    While I think the Bow could have a longer range for its base attack, it packs some decent utility. A big cone slow and the AoE attacks are pretty good. The shot where you encase an enemy in ice isn't bad, but it has a noticeable cast time. The volley is a decent attack.

    I didn't get too much time to mess with the Greatsword, but I recall it being decent damage while adding a bit of everything (range, AoE, maneuverability).

    None are usable underwater, which is a bummer, since I really dislike the Ele abilities underwater. I also have not messed with them since they added the spell effect upon conjuration. Also, there are zero useful traits for a Conjure Ele. Extra charges is all but useless.

    I'd say to go to a lower level area and play with them a bit to see if you can fit them into your regular playstyle. I normally play scepter/dagger and I found the conjures useful for a variety of encounters. Not sure how viable they are in dungeons or PvP though.

  14. #714
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,749
    Follow this guy, Lane - he's pretty good.

    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...11-21-12/first

    It's not AS good as it was before they nerfed Evasive Arcana, but it really was OP before.
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  15. #715
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    @Cyclone Jack I personally make sure to use all of my frost bow/ hammer/ shield charges (and fiery greatsword ofc) the shield i use as a defensive CD because of all the shear awesome it has for keeping your ass alive, and that toughness + vitality boost is just sexy!! Then hammer i use all of them on because of the chain combo, each one counts for one and the last one is a huge spike of damage + an aoe blind. Then frost bow im not sure if i'd keep using all the charges for, i normally used it for the confusion... however it's not out of the question for me to use the deep freeze move then drop it and nuke the fuck out of them (6 second stun + chill? Fucking yes!)
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  16. #716
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    @Cyclone Jack I personally make sure to use all of my frost bow/ hammer/ shield charges (and fiery greatsword ofc) the shield i use as a defensive CD because of all the shear awesome it has for keeping your ass alive, and that toughness + vitality boost is just sexy!! Then hammer i use all of them on because of the chain combo, each one counts for one and the last one is a huge spike of damage + an aoe blind. Then frost bow im not sure if i'd keep using all the charges for, i normally used it for the confusion... however it's not out of the question for me to use the deep freeze move then drop it and nuke the fuck out of them (6 second stun + chill? Fucking yes!)
    Yeah, the Conjures can be quite useful. My only real complaints with them are:

    - Can't use them underwater (I avoid UW with my Ele, because I think the trident abilities are poop).
    - No useful traits for Conjures (then again, I'm not a fan of most of the traits across the board).
    - From my experience, they just can't compare to the usefulness of Elementals. Though admittedly, I haven't used them recently, so I may be biased.

  17. #717
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Yeah, the Conjures can be quite useful. My only real complaints with them are:

    - Can't use them underwater (I avoid UW with my Ele, because I think the trident abilities are poop).
    - No useful traits for Conjures (then again, I'm not a fan of most of the traits across the board).
    - From my experience, they just can't compare to the usefulness of Elementals. Though admittedly, I haven't used them recently, so I may be biased.
    I personally am angered by the lack of underwater thing too, mostly because I'm freaking aqua man with how often I do UW...
    The main trait for conjures is they get 10 more charges, which is pretty good..there's also other traits that effect conjures as well as other things IE the regen one from summoning a frost bow (triggers around you and the second summon)
    And lastly, since they buff stats now they have become VERY powerful, especially say if you and another crit + crit damaged player picks up the lightning hammer, my god can you wreck face with that baby!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  18. #718
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    And lastly, since they buff stats now they have become VERY powerful, especially say if you and another crit + crit damaged player picks up the lightning hammer, my god can you wreck face with that baby!!
    Yeah, this is the part I don't have any experience with yet. I plan on giving them another go when I get the urge to play that char again. Been messing with a bomb Engi lately that has been pretty fun.

  19. #719
    After playing d/d I have to say, I like it. However I am trying to understand how its OP. Its great mobility but not even close to how powerful theives damage is or GS mesmers. Even a warrior hit me for 10k with a rifle (idk what does that the adrenaline move?).

    Tbh its all about pick your battles, if you meet a ele d/d who's going to kite you don't even bother.

  20. #720
    Pandaren Monk Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    1,942
    update notes Dec 3rd:

    Elementalist
    • Updated elementalist conjured weapons to appropriately apply attributes to all players that pick them up.
    • Dragon’s Tooth: This skill’s blast finisher now triggers at spell location, instead of character’s location.
    • Electrocute: This skill now has a maximum range and line of sight requirement.
    • Impale: Fixed an exploit with this skill’s interaction with Signet of Restoration.
    • Arcane Resurrection: This trait now applies five seconds of aura to allies affected by it.
    • Evasive Arcana: This trait now has a blast finisher while attuned to earth.
    • Elementalists will no longer get into a state where they aren’t attuned to any element. This commonly results in the player’s skillbar being empty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •