Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    You are not getting what i am saying. So ill say it again, Lets say there are 30 total servers which means 10 different WvW battles, which means there will be 10#1's 10#2's and 10#3's after the first round of battles. Now of those 10 #1's PvPers will flock to the one that gained the most points thinking that server is the best. So lets call that server A. Server A now has to fight 2 other #1 servers lets call them Server B and Server C. Lets say Server C wins the next round and server A comes in 2nd. Now should all the PvPers flock to each server that won this round? or should they stay? Lets say they stay on Server A who is matched up with 2 other servers the both won the first week and lost the 2nd. This time Server A gets first place.

Do you see whats going on here? The system balances itself. You dont need to change servers if your trying to be on the winning side. The only reason i see to change servers is to join more PvP high pop servers so that there are more players doing WvW on your realm and they realms you will be facing. Because im sure the more PvE focused realms will have a ghost town like atmosphere in their WvW.
    Another reason I see that would play a big part in this is the player limitation in WvW, if only 666 players from your server can be able to play and represent your server in WvW at any given time it should also create long queues.

Sure you might be able to get in the game at 3 am in the morning (if the server is really a hardcore PvP server though there may be a queue then too), but most people can't play at that time.

Even if you can cope with massive queue times for WvW it will still be very risky to start changing your home server in the first months as being able to see which server that continuously wins will only come with time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Sure you might be able to get in the game at 3 am in the morning ... but most people can't play at that time.
    This is the one upside for me if ArenaNet doesn't host servers in Australia. While the other servers Americans are asleep, we'll be stealing their fortresses, and when we go to bed, our servers Americans wake up to defend it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    This is the one upside for me if ArenaNet doesn't host servers in Australia. While the other servers Americans are asleep, we'll be stealing their fortresses, and when we go to bed, our servers Americans wake up to defend it.

FYI: This isn't going to fly anymore. I'll hand out a few more warnings just so people can see, but it's the exact same thing as doing a /10char, which isn't ok on the forums. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-02-24 at 11:14 PM.

Our side of the globe shall be the Night's Watch:
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Deleted
    Really good system I like it.

I really don't see how people could ever complain about this, here let me break it down to you :

1) You create a character on Server A (it's not random, you choose)
    2) You play on Server A and benefit from Server A's boons
    3) Your meet a friend on the internet who plays on Server B and want to play with him
    4) You visit Server B for free. In server B you won't be able to get any boons until at least 2 weeks go by (You'll still have Server A's boons during the 2 weeks). In Server B you can also do anything you want, from questing to AH to whatever.
    5) You miss your home server and want to go back. You just go back.
    6) You don't miss your server home and want to stay with your friend, you pay for a home server transfer. That's the only case where you will have to pay.

The only thing that you can't do on a server that you are only visiting is defend it, which is completely understandable. In WvWvW you'll always have you home server's colors, and that's the only aspect of the game affected by this. Regular PvP/PvE stays the same.

So your saying the result of the WvWvW will be determined by whose Americans make the most impact? 0_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    So your saying the result of the WvWvW will be determined by whose Americans make the most impact? 0_o
    It won't make a difference for the vast majority of the playerbase, but servers with multi-timezone populations will be at an advantage.

15+ Year Old Account
    It won't make a difference for the vast majority of the playerbase, but servers with multi-timezone populations will be at an advantage.
    With this system (and the hope that you can access US servers from EU) I will come and visit you just so you know.

You can't hide from me (neither will SBanes for that matter).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    With this system (and the hope that you can access US servers from EU) I will come and visit you just so you know.

You can't hide from me (neither will SBanes for that matter).
    I'll bake cookies

10+ Year Old Account
    Really people it's called server pride, stop being a B**** and wanting to go to another server because you are losing. Plus people saying people will flock to the best WvWvW server is not true because not only will people not be able to join the battle cause it will probably be player capped for their server but lower ranked servers won't even be matched up against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Our side of the globe shall be the Night's Watch:
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.
    Game of Thrones for the win! Or rather, A song of fire and ice cause I don't watch the stupid TV show.

Also, I really don't understand all the people complaining about PvE or PvP. The system looks like it'll work great. If you want to be in the top tier PvP wait a few months then transfer to one of the 5 servers that are at the top. Boom, you paid once, just like you would have to do in WoW. If you just want to have fun in WvWvW just pick any server and you will because you will be matched against other EQUAL servers. In terms of PvE, the bonuses are small, they likely will be a nice benefit but hardly needed to complete anything. And if you want to go play with a friend you right click a drop down and move to their server and you are there, no fee, nothing just your game reloading. You will still keep the bonuses of your home realm so you have not paid or lost anything. Stop being so negative. This is by far the best approach to PvP, PvE and realm transferring I've ever seen out of any game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Really people it's called server pride, stop being a B**** and wanting to go to another server because you are losing. Plus people saying people will flock to the best WvWvW server is not true because not only will people not be able to join the battle cause it will probably be player capped for their server but lower ranked servers won't even be matched up against them.
    but there will always be this group of gamers that just can't stand losing and will do anything they can to win, even if it means servertransferring every 2 weeks or so.. and if it the gain of transferring is neglectable, because of the penalties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ormeia View Post
    but there will always be this group of gamers that just can't stand losing and will do anything they can to win, even if it means servertransferring every 2 weeks or so.. and if it the gain of transferring is neglectable, because of the penalties.
    Yes but they can still win because if they are on a lower ranked server they won't be matched against the overpopulated high ranked server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    I really don't see how people could ever complain about this, here let me break it down to you :

1) You create a character on Server A (it's not random, you choose)
    2) You play on Server A and benefit from Server A's boons
    3) Your meet a friend on the internet who plays on Server B and want to play with him
    4) You visit Server B for free. In server B you won't be able to get any boons until at least 2 weeks go by (You'll still have Server A's boons during the 2 weeks). In Server B you can also do anything you want, from questing to AH to whatever.
    5) You miss your home server and want to go back. You just go back.
    6) You don't miss your server home and want to stay with your friend, you pay for a home server transfer. That's the only case where you will have to pay.

The only thing that you can't do on a server that you are only visiting is defend it, which is completely understandable. In WvWvW you'll always have you home server's colors, and that's the only aspect of the game affected by this. Regular PvP/PvE stays the same.
    I think you got it wrong. You don't get any bonuses at all on that server. You can just be there if you want to.

if you go to server B to play with your friends you keep the boons you get from server A, but if you change your "home" server to server B then you wont get the boons from B for at least 2 weeks.

I'll bake cookies
    I make better muffins (aka cupcakes) than cookies. I'll do them Gonna be one hell of a gloriously unhealthy gathering

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 02:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ormeia View Post
    Anet's post also said they would continue to increase the time from 2 weeks onwards. They want ppl to fight for their home server, but ofc if it's rly poo and you do want to fight with the best pvpers you can still go.
    But they'll definitely discourage hopping everying 2 weeks.

Deleted
    A server winning a lot , will attract any kind of players from low-medium skills > So after a while , their pvp server rank will fall
    Plus like Wintergrasp or TB from WoW > not all players will see WvWvW , if that server is overcrowed

Very smart move , while making some money
    Last edited by mmocbeb563a6f8; 2012-02-24 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Once again A-net amazes me... When will they stop?

10+ Year Old Account
    With the solution for server queus and now this..

I hate to admit it but this is amazing. Im seriously starting to become impressed with them. Hopefully it will result in a good game. And if it is we finally have a new MMO not copy cat number 2000.