Lightbulb Guild Wars 2 Class Poll

Hey guys, I'm just looking to see what classes people are expecting to play first when Guild Wars 2 releases. Based on footage you've seen, let me know what class you're going to chose and why.

I plan to kick of Guild Wars 2 with the Thief class because I enjoy the limited stealth, and having to use it effectively to be a good player. I also like the skills it has to offer so far and the teleportation abilities. My buddy is playing the Guardian, and I feel like that will be a good PvP and PvE combination for us.

Let me know what you guys are thinking!

Necro, and where's the poll?

Warrior or Necro/Mesmer but since your new I'm not going to have a hissy fit on you but there are 3 of the same threads(If not more) on this sub-forum. Last time I checked their was a search function. I do not want to be a hypocrite since I had done the same but it's just for future references.
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2012-02-24 at 02:58 AM.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Deleted
    NO! NO MORE OF THESE! Aaaaaah!!

1) It's not called a class
    2) there's already two of these

The guardian and necromancer look great, but I have a pally and lock in wow already and those seem to be fairly close so I want to try something new. The only class I haven't managed to get past level ten is a hunter so i think I'm going to try out a ranger. If that doesn't work, then I'll do a mesmer because those look cool and there really isn't anything like them in Wow. Same goes for engineer but I'm not big on guns being side by side with fireballs...just not something I'm in to.

I mean, i'm kind of asking for your own input and description on why that's the class you're choosing. I wanna see people's opinions, not just numbers.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 02:59 AM ----------

Profession*

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo View Post
    I mean, i'm kind of asking for your own input and description on why that's the class you're choosing. I wanna see people's opinions, not just numbers.
    You can explain why in the other 2 proffesion polls, you don't just have to vote.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Give him a chance. By the way people are going to rant and bash you for using the term class instead of profession, but the funny thing is we all do it. Even TotalBiscuit did it..
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Thanks for actually being a kind individual. I'm just looking to see what other people are thinking without going to a thread that is only a poll. I'm looking for reasoning in this post. And yes, sorry about the saying class instead of profession. It's just what I'm used to. I'm not an idiot.

I know you're not an idiot. But people in today's society just cannot accept that people make mistakes or errors. And yes I understand your reasoning behind the "No poll" explanation.

To be on topic playing Guardian, because that is what I do in MMOs. I play the Paladin esque/magic warrior archetype, preferably on the defensive side.

Deleted
    The other threads are not just a poll. There's also content UNDER the poll.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 04:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    1) It's not called a class
    2) there's already two of these
    Actually, there's 4.

Right, the knowing im not an idiot wasn't directed toward you.

Normally I play magic type classes but with this game I find myself pushing towards the Ranger and guardian.

I think I will play initially as a Necromancer but if I don't enjoy it as much as I think I will then I'll switch to a ranger.

There are multiple threads discussing and polling which classes people will play. Please use those if you would like to continue that discussion.