Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixxe View Post
    Did they not say that racial abilities would be minor, so that people don't feel like they are gimped for picking something that looks cool to them?
    So pick whatever you think looks good.
    Yes of course, but I hesitate too much to make a choice now just based on the skin >< damn ANet and its great skins
    At the beginning my favs were Asura and Sylvari then I saw how cute were the Human, and now I can't choose !!

As with some of the classes, im curious as to what 'escape' moves there will be.
    Obviously with the Necro, the idea of high base health and Fear generally makes up for that (not to mention pets etc), however i've not really seen any escape moves apart from the Thieves 'Vanish' ability. In PvP, this will be interesting to say the least.

I'm personally hoping that there isn't a 'must play this way' kinda deal, and that going mainly for minions, or lifesteal, or whatever else is viable (And interesting!).

p.s. All about the dagger and focus!
    If you summon the minion that is immobile then you gain the ability to teleport to it

Deleted
    Nope, only works whith an enemy...

Can anyone find this necromancer video from beta, its about 2 minutes human female she has about 5 or 6 minions spawned.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I wish they had a spotlight video for all the professions, so far it just seems like necro and engineer.

10+ Year Old Account
    As with some of the classes, im curious as to what 'escape' moves there will be.
    Obviously with the Necro, the idea of high base health and Fear generally makes up for that (not to mention pets etc), however i've not really seen any escape moves apart from the Thieves 'Vanish' ability. In PvP, this will be interesting to say the least.

I'm personally hoping that there isn't a 'must play this way' kinda deal, and that going mainly for minions, or lifesteal, or whatever else is viable (And interesting!).

p.s. All about the dagger and focus!
    Aaaaah silly necromancer.... you're not going to be the one trying to escape... it will be your poor unfortunate victim that will be trying to flea -from- you... at least that's how every necromancer video i've seen goes...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Oups, my bad
    But can we place this minion where we want or is it just a way to get closer to the wurm's target ?

I like the necro concept (blood tree) but the skill animations looks not very good (and yeah, animations are also for me important in GW2, dont scream at me). Still cant decide between elem and necro.

Quote Originally Posted by Realities View Post
    Oups, my bad
    But can we place this minion where we want or is it just a way to get closer to the wurm's target ?
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Summon_Flesh_Wurm
    Summon an immobile flesh wurm to attack foes.
    I assume when you summon it, the Wurm is either right next to your or where you are targeting

DEATH TO THE LIVING!

and all that.

So unbelievably excited to play this class - and this game .

Death Shroud is the epitomy of Evil.

Still deciding between Norn or Sylvari Necro. Leaning more toward Norn that is under the Raven spirit. Giant Raven beast draining your life, what more could you want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Still deciding between Norn or Sylvari Necro. Leaning more toward Norn that is under the Raven spirit. Giant Raven beast draining your life, what more could you want?
    A giant Lich that is draining your life lol? And just incase you plan to RP as a necromancer, keep in mind that the norn frown upon necromancy, like REALLY frown on it, so you'd be a special snowflake as a norn =D Kinda like a sylvari engineer!!

And if you don't plan on RPing.... then you have nothing to worry about xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Finally the Necro thread!
    I'm thinking I want to try a hardcore mass life draining with a tanky death shroud build, so excited to see all the different builds =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    I think for me personally it will come down to which race actually looks best as a Necromancer. I find the appearance of the character to be very important to me, especially my main. This is one of the reasons I'm very excited about the wide range of character customization.
    Exactly the same here. Mine will be either Norn or Human. I like the Norn a little better with that nordish feeling and the association with animals and nature but I don't want a caster profession to look to massiv/bulky that would just not fit. So if the smallest Norn female is just as tall as the tallest Human femal I'm gonna make a Norn, if they are still a lot taller, I'm gonna make a Human.

As for my weapon sets I will probably pick dagger/warharon and staff. I like that lifedrain and I love those pets so I will probably try to make a lifedrain/pet thingy and see how it works out in PvE and PvP.

I'll probably go either Sylvari or Asura, depending on which I end up preferring the looks of at character creation (might make both to test out the animations as well, since those are important too). Blanketing the enemy with deceptively nasty conditions seems like an intriguing prospect for me, so Staff and Scepter+Warhorn/Focus seem like a natural fit.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

So looking forward to playing my Asura Necromancer!

Can't wait to test out this build:

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5f5h5j5r65676b
    Dalor / Varkeer
    Guild Wars 2
    Necromancer

I'll probably go Sylvari and i have worked out several necro builds that i plan on testing

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a hard time deciding how I'd want to build my Necromancer. A pet-focused build sounds fun, but so does a Death Shroud focus. And I can't really do either one with a dual Dagger life-stealing build, either.

I imagine I'd have a lot of fun experimenting with this class.

Does Consume Conditions feast on conditions on ME, or on my target?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-02 at 10:47 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.