Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Keyboard Turner
    Is necro hard too use I've heard people say that and Mesmer are difficult for beginners I get the game at Christmas and wanted to make an Asura Necro with daggers, would that be good since I've never played or should I go with an easier class?

Should I stop holding my breath waiting for minion fixes? I bought GW2 to play a necro because I saw they could have a bunch of pets at once. Loved pet classes in every MMO I have played. What I got instead was a garbage class with pets dumber than a box of rocks, that hit like wet noodles, and had the toughness of a wet paper bag. I mean its been over 3 months and they havent even fixed a single bug related to minions. Im just gonna keep this to necros only since thats the thread title but from reading Gw2guru and official forums it seems the only happy class that doesnt have tons of bugs are warriors. Is A-Net just another BioWare whos too slow to roll out class fixes? Well at least losing subs doesnt matter when you are F2Play.

I don't think Anet see much wrong with minions.

That is indeed my main beef with this game at the moment, the sheer amount of bugs still present.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMistDriver View Post
    Is necro hard too use I've heard people say that and Mesmer are difficult for beginners I get the game at Christmas and wanted to make an Asura Necro with daggers, would that be good since I've never played or should I go with an easier class?
    Necro isn't too hard and pretty fun to play imo but since the class is relatively weak atm (not saying necros are useless, they aren't) you'll have it a little harder to compete with others in dungeons/pvp, which only really could be a "problem" in high lvl Fractals and tPvP (so it basically is none). I'd recommend it if you're interested in playing one

JonPeters
    Game Designer

3 notes

1) it seems to be failing because of a rounding error which we are working on fixing right now.
    2) we are buffing it next patch on top of fixing it.
    3) carry on.

At least that's a positive for Necros.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    JonPeters
    Game Designer

3 notes

1) it seems to be failing because of a rounding error which we are working on fixing right now.
    2) we are buffing it next patch on top of fixing it.
    3) carry on.

At least that's a positive for Necros.
    link to Jon Peters post/thread?
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    link to Jon Peters post/thread?
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ld-it-be-fixed

Wow, this thread has not been posted in for awhile. O_o

So, I recently switched from using staff for DEs to axe/dagger. Even though it literally halved my range it's so much more fun (albeit more perilous). My usual build is dagger/warhorn + wells, but with the talks of AoE nerf and the extremely short range of dagger's main attack I've been thinking maybe I should look for something new. I dabbled briefly with scepter, but it seems like more of a condition build sort of weapon.

Does anyone run with an axe build of some sort?

Hello everyone, i have one question about necromancer. Does the movement increase perks with a dagger in main hand and off-hand stack ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeismystery View Post
    Hello everyone, i have one question about necromancer. Does the movement increase perks with a dagger in main hand and off-hand stack ?
    Stack with each other? Yes, stack with other movement speed boosts like sig of locust? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Well, I managed to find this power/condition build on the official forums. It's about the only axe build anyone seemed to suggest. I guess Axe1 is terrible.

37:40 is around where you get to see the build in action. Unfortunately, a good bit of the video seems to be devoted to having *perfect* stats on your gear.

Tempted to try it (especially since it doesn't use staff :P), but I'm not sure how well a bleed build is going to work for DEs. Usually there's always a stack of 25 going on without me making any contributions.

@Lane, well... i know the minion master that was in my tPvP team used axe and said using anything other than axe was stupid... and he was an absolute monster so i'd doubt that axe is bad.... i think he had a dagger off hand, and then i knew his other weapon set was scepter, and i -think- warhorn because i've seen him with locust a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Well, I managed to find this power/condition build on the official forums. It's about the only axe build anyone seemed to suggest. I guess Axe1 is terrible.

37:40 is around where you get to see the build in action. Unfortunately, a good bit of the video seems to be devoted to having *perfect* stats on your gear.

Tempted to try it (especially since it doesn't use staff :P), but I'm not sure how well a bleed build is going to work for DEs. Usually there's always a stack of 25 going on without me making any contributions.
    Interesting! Thanks for posting this I'm definitely going try it out. It looks mega satisfying seeing 6.5k crits. It's also interesting to note that he had 3 warriors in that party (during fractals) giving him vulnerability stacks. Though that shouldn't be a problem with any healthy dungeon groups

I'm not sure if I'm bored with that hybrid build or if it doesn't work very well with my playstyle. I'm looking to try something different, but still effective in open world PvE/DEs. He also has good videos for glass cannon, conditions, and minions, but I'm not sure which to try. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm not sure if I'm bored with that hybrid build or if it doesn't work very well with my playstyle. I'm looking to try something different, but still effective in open world PvE/DEs. He also has good videos for glass cannon, conditions, and minions, but I'm not sure which to try. Anyone have any suggestions?
    go straight glass canon: D + F/A + F run wells and Blood is Power and Lich and play by the seat of your pants. Build.
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

Wow, this thread has not been posted in for awhile. O_o

So, I recently switched from using staff for DEs to axe/dagger. Even though it literally halved my range it's so much more fun (albeit more perilous). My usual build is dagger/warhorn + wells, but with the talks of AoE nerf and the extremely short range of dagger's main attack I've been thinking maybe I should look for something new. I dabbled briefly with scepter, but it seems like more of a condition build sort of weapon.

Does anyone run with an axe build of some sort?
    I play Axe/Focus Minion Master build, mainly for soloing. Focus#4 along with Axe #1 allows you to burst a good amount of stacks of Vulnerability quickly on a target.

A few of us are just getting back in the states and have been long awaiting GW2. I pulled the card for Necro and was wondering if there is anything out the gate I should be aware of. I did some research on the Necro class and feel confident I will be fine. Someone mentioned bug minions? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    I play Axe/Focus Minion Master build, mainly for soloing. Focus#4 along with Axe #1 allows you to burst a good amount of stacks of Vulnerability quickly on a target.
    I have axe/Warhorn right now + staff, and that's been a great combo. However, I wish I could find some better daggers. I know it's a little unconventional, but I really like going dagger/dagger with the necro. Of course I'm just playing mid 50's pve, but it's a blast to stab things in rapid succession.