Page 1 of 2
LastLast

your favorite snack / meal

to get us rolling,

I love having vanilla yogurt with fresh berries and granola from the bulk barn. it's cheap, fast and healthy.

what do you like to prepare for a healthy change, anything in particular? just curious, going grocery shopping tomorrow after work - trying to be more healthy as so many of us are !

snacks, suppers, grab & go - you name it, i wanna hear what you guys like to eat thats healthy.

I enjoy a smoothie once in a while. Usually put in spinach, blueberries, strawberries or a banana with OJ and some really raw honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    healthy.. not exciting but I eat is about every lunch
    2 grilled chicken breasts, steamed broccoli, steamed cauliflower, green apple, water.
    Sometimes I sub fish in for the chicken and collard greens in for the veggies.

For snacking I usually have some strawberries with a granola bar.
    My fave meal would be something with Pasta, I lurv all types of pasta :3
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity16 View Post
    to get us rolling,

I love having vanilla yogurt with fresh berries and granola from the bulk barn. it's cheap, fast and healthy.

what do you like to prepare for a healthy change, anything in particular? just curious, going grocery shopping tomorrow after work - trying to be more healthy as so many of us are !

snacks, suppers, grab & go - you name it, i wanna hear what you guys like to eat thats healthy.
    Ima pretend you didn't say the bolded word.

PIZZA

that is all

p.s. i wish the front page showed what subforum posts were in. I should not be in the Sports & Fitness section, lol

Sweet potatoes and chicken.

Or stir fry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Veggie Egg White Omelette is always good no matter what time of day.

Avocado + Cocoa Powder + Milk + Brown Sugar + Blender = YUMMY!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestion View Post
    Avocado + Cocoa Powder + Milk + Brown Sugar + Blender = YUMMY!
    Im sorry but that sounds straight out disgusting xD

Pasta with lots of veggies & chicken is nomnom

For myself I have my whey protien powder with me all day for mixing a quick shake to get that extra protien in since it's near impossible to get the protien I need in my diet and eating around 15 lbs of meat is not an option lol

Walnuts or almonds are pretty much what I run on.

Quote Originally Posted by Souichirou View Post
    For myself I have my whey protien powder with me all day for mixing a quick shake to get that extra protien in since it's near impossible to get the protien I need in my diet and eating around 15 lbs of meat is not an option lol
    1oz cooked chicken breast ~ 8g protein.
    16oz = 1lb
    16oz/lb*15lbs/day*8g/oz = 1920g protein.

Typical bodybuilding diet has 1-2g of protein per lb of bodyweight/lean muscle mass (depends who you ask).

I know you probably were exaggerating for effect but come on now. I like whey protein cause it's quick after a workout or before bed but making it your main protein source...nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    1oz cooked chicken breast ~ 8g protein.
    16oz = 1lb
    16oz/lb*15lbs/day*8g/oz = 1920g protein.

Typical bodybuilding diet has 1-2g of protein per lb of bodyweight/lean muscle mass (depends who you ask).

I know you probably were exaggerating for effect but come on now. I like whey protein cause it's quick after a workout or before bed but making it your main protein source...nah.
    Its not my main source of protein BUT still eatting ALOT of meat would mean I would need excessive amounts of fiber to get that out of my system as well, and who really has that kind of time to fit in 5-6 smaller high protein meals a day with without having protein shakes to fill the gap between meals. xP

Quote Originally Posted by Souichirou View Post
    Its not my main source of protein BUT still eatting ALOT of meat would mean I would need excessive amounts of fiber to get that out of my system as well
    Really if you eat a lot of meat and fat, it usually just gets absorbed through your digestion. That's one thing that happens when you eat high protein and low carb -- you excrete less waste. That isn't necessarily a bad thing.

and who really has that kind of time to fit in 5-6 smaller high protein meals a day with without having protein shakes to fill the gap between meals. xP
    No need for so many meals. Meal timing/frequency is irrelevant.
    If you want to eat that frequently, fine. But there's really no major benefit over 3 meals or 2 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Really if you eat a lot of meat and fat, it usually just gets absorbed through your digestion. That's one thing that happens when you eat high protein and low carb -- you excrete less waste. That isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    Maybe so but on a low carb diet one cannot preform proper lifts to build muscle, Its either cut or bulk never both. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    No need for so many meals. Meal timing/frequency is irrelevant.
    If you want to eat that frequently, fine. But there's really no major benefit over 3 meals or 2 or whatever.
    Also very true BUT I prefer multiple smaller meals as to 3 larger meals over the course of a day for 2 reasons I don't tend to feel bloated after the meal's and it keeps me from the urge to eat snacks from a vending machine or convince store.

Snacks? Apples, broccoli, and carrots. I like fat free poppyseed dressing for the veggies. I usually eat a very small apple, too. Golden delicious is my personal favorite.
    Big snacks? Bagel sandwich with ham, cheese, and scrambled egg with a glass of milk.

The sandwich is tasty as heck. The easy way to make scrambled eggs for a sandwich is to just scramble the egg in a bowl (just one egg), add milk, and stick it in the microwave for a minute or a minute and a half. It gets fluffy, it doesn't burn, and it's easy to remove from the bowl in one piece ,leaving you with a perfectly round patty of egg.
    "What's your rotation?" "About once every 24 hours. Why?"

Deleted
    For a healthy change um.. im gonna' go with a filet of fish sandwich

since that has less calories cause its fish

Filet o' Fish

Any kind of stir fry really. I'm not that picky.

Deleted
    Snack would be wasabi covered dried peas. Those things are goddamn delicious.

Eggplant hummus with Tandoori naan (can be found at Trader Joe's) or baby carrots