Lightbulb Where have all the Honor Points gone?

So I have searched and found very limited background on this, and I am not sure whether it is simply because people are not paying attention to their Battleground honor points, or well you know it's being hidden.

BUT to the point, every time I do a battleground on any one of my toons I always receive considerably less honor than I am told I should receive. For example, I finish a BG and it says 365 honor points gained, yet somehow I only actually receive 206.... Wait what?! 206?!

So my question is this, is this a tool tip error and I was merely supposed to receive the 206? Or was I supposed to receive the 365 honor? This is a pretty substantial number, and people should make a point to not ignore this anymore, we are literally talking about tens of thousands honor points that just *poof* and are no more.

I encourage each and every one of you to go out and document your before and after honor when in a BG and see just how little honor you are actually receiving!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got out of a winning battleground. My points tally. Probably a miscalculation on your part.

So you wrote down your amount of honor before the battleground started, and added your winning points from the battleground summary screen? And they were equal? It is definitely not a miscalculation, it has happened on 10 of my toons, 3 toons of my Fiance's and 5 guild members with various alts. /Shrug maybe you are just lucky good sir!

10+ Year Old Account
    That is really odd. It got me curious after seeing your post, so I paid attention to my before and after. Did two more BGs after. The points match up - what I got after finishing the BGs was what was written on the scoreboard. I'm not sure why yours is missing.

you're leaving the bg too quickly when it ends. wait maybe 15 sec after it ends to receive your full honor. ....and knowing is half the battle G.I. Joe!

The honor gained that's listed on the scorecard is total honor gained. This means the honor you actively get for holding objectives, kills,etc (this honor is awarded at the time it's earned) is already added in. The extra honor you get when the BG closes is from winning or losing, objectives, and any performance modifiers.

In short, you're not getting stiffed, you're just reading it wrong.

Let me clarify:

scorecard says you earned 365 honor, but at the end of the game you only see 206 popup because the other honor has been awarded during the match.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

I think what he's saying is that

"okay, i have 3000 honor before this BG."
    -BG ends-
    "Sweet, I earned that last 482 to get my two hander!... Wait, I only have 3200!"

Sometimes it bugs out. I'm not sure what fixes it, but usually after the next BG, it fixes itself.

Don't leave the game immediately. I have noticed recently that when the game scores first pop at the end of a match there is the honor total for the actual BG. There is a short delay and then the bonus honor gets added onto that score and the number updates while you are looking at the scoreboard. I have not tested to see if it is just a display thing or if actually leaving as soon as the leave button is up will in fact not award you that honor. Just wait a few seconds longer for the scoreboard to update and then see if it adds up.

Ah, that's odd. i've never experienced this issue or heard of it from other players.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

It's been an issue for a while, now. I remember having this happen some time ago and looking it up. There's a blue post about it somewhere from a while back
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have experienced this as well, especially on lower level alts.
    At one points, I was playing rogue @ lvl 30something with a friend of mine, and we both got less honor then was stated.
    So I had like 1k honor. I went into the bg. At the end of the bg, it said I had earned 200 honor (this is after waiting 5-10 secs to add victory/loss honor).
    Yet I ended up with around 1.1k honor.

I contacted a GM about this, saying that I was receiving less honor then was stated at the end of the battleground.
    The GM then explained that the honor displayed was incorrect. This was due to diminishing returns on honor gains of honorable kills.
    So, say that for the first 50 honorable kills in a bg, you get 1 honor each. The next 50 only give you 0.8 honor each, the next 50 0.6 etc (numbers are purely fictional btw).

The diminishing return is not calculated in the honor displayed at the end of the battleground, meaning the number displayed will be higher then the number you actually receive. The difference will increase if you farm more honorable kills during a battleground.

This is why I noticed this effect more extremely on lower level characters (more player farming going on @ lower lvls).

So, thats the explanation