Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To be honest? A F--kload of people not having any clue what they're doing. This is new for the majority of the playerbase. I don't think we'll truly understand how everything works as teams for 3-4 months after release. Probably some lag once you get 200 people or so in an area. Other than that? Lots of laughs from countless newfound tactical maneuvers not going as planned, massive teams rampaging around the map zerging everything in front and losing everything behind them, and Asura being punted from Keep towers.

Zerging will happen, but its not like TB in WoW, if everyone in the server gets together and Zergs you will lose more than you gain... and the WvW map is HUGE! so its not an all out close proximity battle with 2k people... that may happen, but expect the lag and issues with large groups of people spamming their AOE flare!

I expect that if their system works and i hope it does it will be a huge draw for PvP players from other games that have been wanting glorious open world pvp. This system will be what attracts alot of players to the game.

If it doesnt work you can expect arena net to try and improve it for the next expansion.

-edit-

The problem with zerging keeps is the fact that it can take hours to break inside. Remember the tweet from Anet during the press beta where they were besieged for 10 hours and held out. Just because your zerging a wall doesnt mean it will go down, with enough supplies and upgrading your guards you can defend a keep for a while, and while the zerg team is zerging all their stuff will be taken because no one is defending.

The point is to hold nodes as long as possible to rack up points, you cant rack up points by abandoning your nodes and sending all your forces on offense. Only Servers without nodes should be doing the zerging, If your server is holding alot of nodes youll want to defend or your going to spread yourselves too thin and lose all you gained.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2012-02-24 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    Will lag like hell if there will be thousands of players. Anyway I HAAAATE massive PvP fights because they are only zerg fests and that is boring as hell and even more so if you like to play a melee.

Ganking people at roads with a group of my friends will be great fun.
    Hi

I expect a great deal of people who's past experience doesn't include Dark Age of Camelot to not know a damn thing about how to be effective in WvWvW.

And I expect to destroy many of them.

Deleted
    200 elementalist using tornado ...
    Ping pong trololololololol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnetik View Post
    I expect a great deal of people who's past experience doesn't include Dark Age of Camelot to not know a damn thing about how to be effective in WvWvW.

And I expect to destroy many of them.
    ^This

Would be funny if me and only a few people with RvR experience defend a keep or tower from a zerg of inexperienced players whacking on a gate without a siege weapon and wipe them before they even got in.

I expect alot of servers will be rather chaotic. I also expect some leaders to pop up on other servers, DAOC vets mostly, who will start to formulate server wide strategies and be true leaders, generals if you will. I expect alot of old DAOC players will get small groups together and run those. But sadly because group size is smaller (5 vs 8) I expect that won't work as well.

I expect massive battles because alot of people have been waiting for this for a long time. Since you can jump in very early I expect many will level via this.

From Arenanet I expect a couple of changes down the road. First, PVE events in the borderlands (elite, meta, and normal). This is to draw out players into WvsW that might not try it normally. If anyone recalls there was some pretty cool pve stuff in the frontiers of DAOC. And I also do expect a Mists Open World PVP Dungeon, accessible by whoever holds the main keep in Eternal, ala Darkness Falls. That may not come for a bit but that will be one of the major updates to WvsW. Mostly because RVR style gameplay is self sufficient, once its in place you don't have to add more. Its not like competitive PVP where they will need to be making new maps all the time.
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2012-02-24 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big ass battlefield of people killing each other and me killing every single one of them... EVERY SINGLE ONE!

I didn't see this posted anywhere else (source)

Squads are a way for larger groups of people to band together for a common goal. Squads are led by a commander, and that commander has the ability to talk to everyone in their squad in a chat channel that only the commander can talk in. Commanders can also place waypoints on the map that are viewable by all of their squad members. These waypoints tell the squad to do things like' attack here', 'regroup here', and 'bring supply here'. Squads are extremely useful in WvW, but they are also useable in PvE and are the perfect thing for taking down our epic world bosses.[...]

The commander is self appointed. We have an item that people purchase for gold that gives the ability to turn on the Commander function. When you become a commander, anyone not in a squad will see the commander icon over your head and can select you, right click on your portrait and select 'join squad'. Also, when someone is following a commander, you can right click on their portait to join their squad and follow the same commander. I dont believe there is a limit to who can be in a squad, but that might not be true, I'll have to check with the programmer who implemented the system.
    I think it's a neat feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I didn't see this posted anywhere else (source)

-Squads are a way for larger groups of people to band together for a common goal. Squads are led by a commander, and that commander has the ability to talk to everyone in their squad in a chat channel that only the commander can talk in. Commanders can also place waypoints on the map that are viewable by all of their squad members. These waypoints tell the squad to do things like' attack here', 'regroup here', and 'bring supply here'. Squads are extremely useful in WvW, but they are also useable in PvE and are the perfect thing for taking down our epic world bosses.[...]

The commander is self appointed. We have an item that people purchase for gold that gives the ability to turn on the Commander function. When you become a commander, anyone not in a squad will see the commander icon over your head and can select you, right click on your portrait and select 'join squad'. Also, when someone is following a commander, you can right click on their portait to join their squad and follow the same commander. I dont believe there is a limit to who can be in a squad, but that might not be true, I'll have to check with the programmer who implemented the system.-

I think it's a neat feature.
    I can see this being really good, or really bad. Mainly because I'd imagine many people would want to be commanders rather than followers.

It'll be interesting to see how the elite group of PvPers you always end up with in each server come to be. Normally it's because they have youtube channels due to the fact that most MMOs only do BGs, in which case it's hard to recognize a single player in your battle group through only in-game efforts. I think having everyone on the sever in the same zone PvPing for 2 weeks on end will give the truly great PvP leaders some good in-game recognition and respect without having to run some kind of show on the internet (Swifty and Athene in WoW). It makes me happy when leaders arise out of chaos to earn some loyal and trustworthy teammates.

Deleted
    Lag. And lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shitcook View Post
    200 elementalist using tornado ...
    Ping pong trololololololol
    200 people and one ele, or 200 eles?

Either way, I expect that will result in either:

a) The Arenanet servers exploding
    b) Mass DCs
    c) an angry forum post

Deleted
    I can see this being really good, or really bad. Mainly because I'd imagine many people would want to be commanders rather than followers.
    Actually, it's my experience that people would much rather be followers. True PvP generals are much rarer than the guys screaming in chat "U ALL SUCK". It's like in EotS when all the Alliance are zerging each base one by one, and the Horde are in disarray being tunnel visioned into defending the base the Alliance are currently taking until someone(if you're lucky) takes himself out the game for a moment and realises what is happening and says "Hey guys, they are just zerging. Take the bases that they have left alone." Most people are unwilling to make the big calls, even if they are the right ones, in case they fail.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Actually, it's my experience that people would much rather be followers. True PvP generals are much rarer than the guys screaming in chat "U ALL SUCK". It's like in EotS when all the Alliance are zerging each base one by one, and the Horde are in disarray being tunnel visioned into defending the base the Alliance are currently taking until someone(if you're lucky) takes himself out the game for a moment and realises what is happening and says "Hey guys, they are just zerging. Take the bases that they have left alone." Most people are unwilling to make the big calls, even if they are the right ones, in case they fail.
    Yeah, I've noticed that people who actually want to lead (and not idiots typing in all caps about how much of a fag I am) are very rare in PvP. But that may just be because no one ever listens when it's a bunch of randoms.

Deleted
    Yes.. epicness.

My guild's Banner hanged on the keep's wall = epic raging hardon :P.

There is nothing more satisfying than taking away everything from you enemy, his keep, his map, his hope and rip any left over pride from his barely breathing chest. My guild's Tag will invoke massive fear on the battlefield, our presence alone will shift battles, shatter enemy's walls and crush any will of resistance. Dominance, ferocity, destruction and death. Muahahaha...

On serious note: ima gonna pwn me some nubs ;]

Its clear that the PvP guilds will use this system to communicate with those who are not apart of their guild. This will decrease the shouting going on in chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic world battles, of massive proportions.

Finally!

I anticipate a lot of confusion and not knowing where to go and what to do. Which will be fantastic. The more chaotic the better. I can't wait to get a small group of friends together and pick off some people who are unfortunate enough to become separated from the main fighting forces. >=D