Question Rawr and epic gems in some items - how does one do that?

As the title says - what do you have to do to to get rawr to ONLY use epic gems in some items?
    Like i only use epic gems in my staff and other epic items, but when i run optimizer it either wants to replace ALL my gems to epics or normals.

by marking an item with shift-klick as available you can toggle it to only use it in exactly that configuration afaik. hope this helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Equip the item in question, manually select the gems you want, shift+click the diamond next to the item on the gear list to lock the gemming on that item. The diamond should go from green to blue. Make sure override gemming is not checked in the optimizer. To undo this, shift+click again and the diamond should turn back to green.

EDIT: I think this locks everything about that item. If you still want optimizer to play with enchants/reforge, make sure to check override enchants and override reforging.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 04:29 PM ----------

For more related issues http://rawr.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Gemmings
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-02-23 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Equip the item in question, manually select the gems you want, shift+click the diamond next to the item on the gear list to lock the gemming on that item. The diamond should go from green to blue. Make sure override gemming is not checked in the optimizer. To undo this, shift+click again and the diamond should turn back to green.

EDIT: I think this locks everything about that item. If you still want optimizer to play with enchants/reforge, make sure to check override enchants and override reforging.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 04:29 PM ----------

For more related issues http://rawr.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Gemmings
    Sweet - thx the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Something I learned while messing with this on my rogue (it's an alt and reds are expensive): If you are locking sub-optimal gems, make sure to normal click the blue diamond to remove other gemming options from the optimizer. Once the optimizer is done with reforging you can go in and shift-click the newly reforged configuration (it will be equiped but the diamond will be blank).

I just lock the items with epic gems, allow optimizer to override enchants and gems, and it seems to be working. Doesnt change all my gear to epic gems, and still manages to reforge the items with epic gems.