Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10 man Dragon Soul and trinkets

So I've done DS 10 every week since it came out on 6 characters. But I NEVER seen cunning of the cruel once. I did LFR the first week and it dropped but I lost it to a feral. Thats why I dont do LFR anymore, but why wont it drop from 10 man?

Am I forced to get a 25 man guild if I want this item...?

Deleted
    lol, rng is rng, it always has, always will.
    A guildie had been trying to get the same one, from lfr, normal, yd he got in from lfr, few hours later it dropped 10man :P

So no...you dont have to go 25man lol...tho it would increase your chances to have it drop

It will drop eventually.
    im in the same boat with Deathwings int trinket, not a single drop for us, and 25 man doesn't help (we've done a few 25 man farms recently, still nothing xD)

theres always that "one" item that just takes its time

We always get will of unbinding in our 10 mans :P
    I've yet to see the agility one for my hunter...

Deleted
    Are you asking if it drops on 10m? The answer is yes, it does.

I mean what do you want us to say? RNG is RNG. 10m is even worse RNG. Shared boss loot is yet worse RNG.

It sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG. I was expecting us to see many of them compared to the Insignia since it only drops from one boss but my 10 man has gotten 3 Insignia and only 1 Cunning.

That being said, keep doing LFR even if it is depressing. Its still another chance to get the trinket. Go with friends who can roll on it for you.

On another note, my 10 man has never seen the agility Vial trinket. Not in our main 10 man, not in our alt raid, not in any LFR, ever. It's like it doesn't exist.

Deleted
    You can't beat RNG. For instnace last night the last cache had FOUR Gurthalaks in it.... All you can do is be patient

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    It will drop eventually.
    im in the same boat with Deathwings int trinket, not a single drop for us, and 25 man doesn't help (we've done a few 25 man farms recently, still nothing xD)

theres always that "one" item that just takes its time
    Not necessarily

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    On another note, my 10 man has never seen the agility Vial trinket. Not in our main 10 man, not in our alt raid, not in any LFR, ever. It's like it doesn't exist.
    There's several items that neither of our 10m runs have seen despite clearing 8/8 each week on main and all but two of the weeks on alt. I think 2 of them are trinkets, the 3rd trinket (tank) just dropped for the first time ever. I can put up with normal RNG but shared boss loot is extremely stupid imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    That trinket is a myth. Been clearing bosses which can drop it on heroic for last month an normal since it came out and I never saw it dropping. I saw vial, i saw that haste one and healing one, the strength version with whirlwind dropped every week at least once, but cunning...

Barely drops on 25 either - not had a single spirit/haste ring yet either.

Random loot is well... random but the shared loot rings/trinkets seem to be quite a lot drop rate (or my guild is just plain unlucky)

Deleted
    Got our second one this week, one normal and one heroic. I think we have seen about half of the shared loot atleast once.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    0 Vials so far.
    25p Raid.

Deleted
    Not missed a single week of DS and still no stamina trinkets have dropped for my 10 man.

I accept this as the nature of rng loot but doesn't mean I have to be happy about it

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    So I've done DS 10 every week since it came out on 6 characters. But I NEVER seen cunning of the cruel once. I did LFR the first week and it dropped but I lost it to a feral. Thats why I dont do LFR anymore, but why wont it drop from 10 man?

Am I forced to get a 25 man guild if I want this item...?
    We haven't seen any Cunning or Vial from our 10 mans either. Rarely any healing trinket either, tank and Str trinkets seems to pop op more often since we dont have any str dps user in our raid of course.

Vial + Bone Link + Cunning = 1 in our raid. I suspect H Yor'Sahj took us an extra week to get done b/c of that (given how awesome those procs are on the adds).

I don't understand shared loot. What's the advantage? Is it supposed to be more interesting having a slim chance off every boss then having a decent chance off one boss? Is it supposed to help 10 man rng? Does it somehow help loot table bloat?

Deleted
    I have never seen Cunning or Will in LFR drop once and it had never dropped in our 10 man raids either. Then I passed my spot to someone else last night (rotation etc) and of course Cunning drops and that person wins it.

Deleted
    I have around 10 lfr cleared , also the first 6 bosses around 8-9 times each and 6 bosses on hc that can drop H CoC. And I still never seen it drop, just lost it a few times on lfr. Same happened with spine trinket. ( warlock here )

Deleted
    Having so much random loot and only 1 drop per boss + token makes getting trinkets (and the other items as well) a pain on 10man.

So far with a clear every week this is what we've seen:

3* Yor'sahj stamina trinket (heroic)
    1* Random drop Stamina trinket (Heroic)
    1* Cunning of the Cruel (Heroic) (of course it went to our ele shaman who moved to england after that reset and who we havn't seen since)
    1* Insignia of the Corrupted mind (Heroic)
    1* Starcatchers compas (normal)

so in

Spine trinkets:
    1* Eye of unmaking(normal)
    1* Wrath of unchaining(normal)
    3* resolve of undying (normal)
    3* Heart of Unliving (normal)
    3* Will of unbinding (normal)

so in total we've had 18 trinkets in 100 kills but to be more specific

Spine has dropped 11 trinkets out of 24 items (2 going to offspec + 2 never being used)

Random loot bosses have dropped 7 trinkets in 76 kills (or 7 trinkets from 89 loot items) 1 going to offspec, 1 going to someone who has since dissapeared and 1 sitting in my paladins bags not to be used for a while. so 4 useful trinkets in 89 drops.

What they should have done was to make it a token drop that had a 30% chance to drop on top of the tier token+1loot, it's still less loot than the former 2items+tokens, but it would make it so much less painful to raid 10mans when it comes to trinkets.

1% drop off 6 bosses.

5 of those 6 bosses drop tier, so instead of the normal 2 pieces of loot, we get 1 piece.

that's 6x 1% chance to get the trinket you want per week. My 10 man has never seen any of the random trinkets and only 1 of the random rings.