Poll: Opinion?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I primarily enjoy tanks in MMOs since WoW, because I like the idea of either taking hits/protecting my teammates or being a defensive slugger type that just laughs off a big hit and counters with one of my own. But no trinity is awesome, because it means not needing any specific class or role for group content. Nobody has to play healer or tank when everybody is capable of doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy that theres no trinity because if i still PREFER the role of a tanky tank i can BE THAT ROLE!!!!!! Shield and sword warrior STILL EXISTS!!!!...I love the prot warrior feel of combat...oh look shield gives last 2 abilities shield based aka defensive ability and a shield bash kinda thing...while sword in mh provides generally mobility aspect of play...charges etc...so i can be the prot warrior i want to be without having to be taxed into the role of tank etc. PvE wise I can be whatever i want to be without the need for being pigeon holed into want to tank then you only tank want to dps then enjoy them 30 min queues.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel the poll options are loaded, so not voting. I have played them all. Tank, heals and dps. I have had tons of fun tanking and dpsing. Not so much healing, but it could be rewarding. I am glad the trinity will be dead in GW2. I hope it makes everyone bring their A game instead of being carried.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Are you happy about having no roles in this game?
    I'm very happy about it, it creates more flexibility and actually extends the gameplay quite a bit.
    And, if you've played other MMOs, was your favorite role?
    Playing MMOs for about ten years, through all this time if there was an option for me to stand between a monster and the rest of the group - I was there. Tanking FTW.

Is there any sort of relationship between DPS preferring everyone on equal footing, versus the tanks and healers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Don't understand the question.
    I think he wants to know if DPS role oriented people prefer the new system more than tanks/healers. Maybe.. tough people soon realize than role in GW2 are the professions, so everything will fall down in to place quite fast - so instead of "awesome tank" I will hear "awesome engineer", fair trade for me .

Yes, I'm very happy about it, and I do all three roles currently, with more in the tank/healer category.

It's a dated model, in my opinion, and to see an MMO finally daring to break it is nice. With the trinity, you're often forced to play a class you may not particularly care for just to fill a role your group is missing. That won't be an issue in GW2. There's really no downside to this, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    I think he wants to know if DPS role oriented people prefer the new system more than tanks/healers. Maybe.. tough people soon realize than role in GW2 are the professions, so everything will fall down in to place quite fast - so instead of "awesome tank" I will hear "awesome engineer", fair trade for me .
    Well, I agree with you but his question still confuses me. LOL

Deleted
    I typically go for a healer role, and I'm very happy about the no-trinity design.

Getting rid of a definitive trinity means getting rid of an archaic and rusty system. There is no legitimate reason to dislike a more dynamic and flexible system, as long as it works. Which, of course, it can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    I'm going to Mod my UI to resemble FF13! Switching weapons with group members = paradigm shift!

That is the whole fucking point?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Happy DPS here. It's sad to see people beeing "forced" to switch their spec / character because of the need of a tank or a healer.

Will be nice to have more control of your own survival, and not beeing as dependant of some specific role.

absolutely, it means people won't be "carried" anymore through encounters because it will require a skill floor for ALL people running through stuff. This means reputations will be made and lost based on how good you are on your character, it will be GREAT for the community!

I am fine with no trinity. GW1 didn't have it. So I really don't have any complaints. In WoW i did everything. Caster DPS, Melee DPS, Tanking(Mostly) and Healing. Only ever played my Warrior (Tanking & DPSING) and my Druid, though (Resto & Boomkin). Really I think it'll be ok. Did this really need another thread though?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

(after 6 years of raiding in WoW as tank/healer/dps)

Yes. Yes. Yes.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually a healer and I'm very glad with GW2 not having the trinity.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    I wont pve much, but I have always enjoyed taking care of myself... make sure I survive and avoid damage and so on.
    However, I'm sure there will be dedicated roles somehow. If people somehow can choose to spend 1 point for 1% extra healing, well that will turn that person into a healer and all pve guilds would have that requirement to heal. So if theres some way to improve healing, or damage reduction, that's where your dedicated healer and tank will be

Yeah, that's not the point of this thread.
    wtf is then...

p.s. u r missing an option - just happy!
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very happy trinity is the reason I never tried older mmo's still play wow but I'm still not thrilled by it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I used to be all in trinity games with more into the DPS/Tank rather than the Healers and yes, I'm very happy with this, this means I can take any profession into a dungeon without being forced to use a specific one.
    Pretty much this. Also, I myself also like to help the group, which kind of every profession can do, while still eliminating the need of a trinity concept.

I'm torn. On one hand I see a lot of potential if they manage to make it work, but on the other I see a great danger of the grouped PvE devolving into a homogenized, boring single player game where everyone can do everything without any kind of organization and variety in roles or tasks.