Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2!

Is Activision making a sequel to the highly commercially successful Call of Duty: Black Ops? The evidence is piling up.

The evidence that Activision is in fact working on Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is mounting.

As spotted by Joystiq, an employee of contract art studio Nerve Software listed Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on his resume as a title presently in development. Nerve Software has worked with Activision before.

The studio provided art for the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, as well as James Bond film tie-in Quantum of Solace. Both games were developed by Treyarch. This is not the first mention of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Earlier this week, Amazon's French website reportedly listed the game before scrubbing the listing.

Activision confirmed in November that a new entry in the Call of Duty series would be on shelves this year, but the publisher has not confirmed its developer, era, or setting. Treyarch developed the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, which was set during the Cold War. It featured familiar political faces like John F. Kennedy, Fidel Castro, and Robert McNamara.

Source: http://au.gamespot.com/news/black-op...resume-6350647

I can see that the discusion will go places soon.

The Story was enjoyable, but Treyarch's games just don't 'feel' right in Multiplayer, for me. I am most likely skipping this one. (And I don't like zombies either, before someone talks about that)

Deleted
    If they do release another Black Ops, I sure hope it isn't developed by Treyarch. Black Ops wasn't anywhere near enjoyable to me, the multiplayer that is. I barely play the single player modes in shooters.

More than likely we will get Black Ops 2.

Although not sure how. The story was concluded at the end IIRC.

Unless they want to interview Mason and ask him what the various Colours mean...

"MASON, WHAT NOISE DOES A COW MAKE"
    Last edited by pickley; 2012-02-24 at 10:19 AM.

Mabye they'll find a hidden message in pi. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The story was meh, the multiplayer was decent, the only decent game since Cod WaW.

Personally I can't wait for Black Ops 2.

But do fucking ship ATLEAST mod tools on release, map making tools would be nice but that's never going to happen with Activi$ions greediness.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-02-24 at 05:10 PM.

I dont see why this is a suprise to ANYONE. Considering the amount of sales Blackops did i could have guess then they would make another one.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really have no shame, do they?

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the only real reasons to buy a Treyarch Call of Duty game is for the Zombies. If it has it (And lets be honest, they know its the only reason people played) then its time to reserve myself a copy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    They really have no shame, do they?
    No shame at all. This is Activision we're talking about.

Ever heard of Mists of Pandaria? Yeah.

Should be entertaining, as always. I wish the series would take a long hard look at itself and come up with the same innovation MW did years ago though. Maybe next generation? Please, Treyarch/IW/Sledgehammer/whoever the hell wants to? I love the series, I like MW3 and BO, and they all do good things, but they do.... exactly the same good things each time. It's getting old, even for somebody as patient with CoD as myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Should be entertaining, as always. I wish the series would take a long hard look at itself and come up with the same innovation MW did years ago though. Maybe next generation? Please, Treyarch/IW/Sledgehammer/whoever the hell wants to? I love the series, I like MW3 and BO, and they all do good things, but they do.... exactly the same good things each time. It's getting old, even for somebody as patient with CoD as myself.
    They're going to run it into the ground like guitar hero and tony hawk and once it stop selling they're just going to stop. Don't expect anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Until millions of people stop buying it every november, every single year, they will continue making them this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not looking forward to it one bit!

I only bought Black Ops for the campaign and Zombies.
    The campaign was terrible, and the twist was so stupid. Even though it got best game ending ever *what a joke*
    Zombies is boring now, that new thing they created for MW3 is so much better in every single way.

Staying clear until they come up with something new.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    No shame at all. This is Activision we're talking about.

Ever heard of Mists of Pandaria? Yeah.
    Oh look, another one of these idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    No really? Treyarch and IW swap off on CoD titles every year. Treyarch this year since IW/Sledgehammer released MW3.

I played the shit out of CoD4 and MW2. WaW didn't do it for me, Black ops multiplayer didn't feel right, and I took one last shot with MW3, I'm done with CoD unless they do some major overhaul to grab my attention.
    Hi Sephurik

Churn them out, one every christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The Story was enjoyable, but Treyarch's games just don't 'feel' right in Multiplayer, for me. I am most likely skipping this one. (And I don't like zombies either, before someone talks about that)
    It's exactly the opposite for me now... WaW multiplayer was meh but Black Ops felt light years ahead of MW2 and I still enjoy it more than MW3. Treyarch's spawn system is WAY better and the kill streaks are so much less broken in Black Ops than MW2 and MW3. In MW3 once I hit 5 kills I am almost guaranteed a 12+ kill streak and a win which is a bit ridiculous.