Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In LFD and LFR, nothing amazes me anymore when it comes to reasons people are kicked and whatnot.
    Worst in LFD when you have 3-4 from the same guild against you for no apparent reason, that just want to be assholes.

If I see a player whose name is like: Svâäghåçêvïûýfeečēŏ i don't even bother trying to spell it. Not to mention I'm unable to type all those fancy letters in WoW chat (even now I used Word's sign table). People tend to "create" fancy names with dots and apostrophes here and there but first, it makes it unreadable, second, easier to misspell.

My WoW names are various, Some are longer, some as short as 5 letters. And yet people shorten them to first 3 letters. No big deal. I even prefer short nick name instead being called "drood", "mage", "lock"...

So if you were really kicked because of misspelling (and not trolled to believe it) well... then add it as another weird fact to the endless note called "Weird things that happened to me while in group".

If it would happent to me i'd laugh at it. If it bothers you that much it may indicate that you treat WoW way too serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by H3ll View Post
    I got kicked in similar situations quite often.

I also got kicked a few times for being an 'elitist' while i was only trying to help people, and i wasnt even cursing or insulting anyone at all :-\
    Damned if we do and damned if we don't. On the one hand, we get slated for not being helpful to more inexperienced players, and when we do try and help, we either get ignored, or have our advice thrown back in our faces.

OP: Unfortunately, you got stuck in an instance with either: a bunch of arseholes, or one arsehole and 3 blind eejits.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't worry about it because they can get an AFK Spriest "healer" next, and now waste their time.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by jimme505 View Post
    But should this be allowed? Shouldnt blizzard try to make a filter for the reasons written? Just a idea, it may be impossible tho :/
    Not just impossible, but pointless. If it actually looked at what was given as a reason and then possibly denied because of it, people would just lie anyway. Besides, he must have had at least 2 people agree that you were worthy of being kicked, so there is either more to it and misspelling his name was the last straw (so to speak) or he was with people he knew and he just decided to be rather touchy that day knowing he could get away with stupid reasons for kicking people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Deleted
    It is very simple duude... if your alone in this big world.. and don't build up a group (be part of a group) of decent people... u will always end up in such situations... if you go in dungeons with a friend.. or friends.. u will be on the opposite side of this story.. and you.. might even .. come to some silly idea to kick someone for a stupid reason... there might not be much to it really.. he simply had the upper hand .. and he liked it.. :P .. or it was simply a... i don't care about him moment...
    stuff like this will happen.. if you hate it so much.. go to dungeons with someone in the guild.. or a friend.. and you will have the upper hand..

I once had a guy initiate a votekick on me with the reason "Gun is loud and annoying". It failed, and we(realm buddies) eventually kicked him for moaning about everything.

I've even been kicked out of a low level dungeon for winning greed rolls. You're better off just laughing about it and moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hviske10ske View Post
    /thread
    Stop that.
    Last edited by Pendragon; 2012-02-24 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    It's a very good reason. Misspelling someones name is extremely disrespectful and you got what you deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    It's a very good reason. Misspelling someones name is extremely disrespectful and you got what you deserved.
    100% this.

Deleted
    sucks man, i know the feeling, i was on my resto druid the otherday and was kick because i wasn't doing 40KHPS (ilvl is 376) and from the fact that the silly nubs wern't interupting S**t, the huntard kept running off and pulling mobs, and dont get me started on the pally tank in ret gear, this was HC Stonecore

10+ Year Old Account
    Not spelling people's names correctly is very rude imo. Got what you deserved.

Such reasons often happen when i tank on Spine Of Deathwing (LFR) Nearly everyone is qq'ing GET THE STACKS when it has 4M+ health , so i say stfu because i got the bubbles activated and its pretty annoying to see those messages. Guess atleast 90% of people who only run LFR dont know what the debuff actually does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimme505 View Post
    But should this be allowed? Shouldnt blizzard try to make a filter for the reasons written? Just a idea, it may be impossible tho :/
    You want Blizzard to enforce some sort of AI fairness over the wishes of their players when it comes to deciding who they play with? That would not end well.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

I've seen people get kicked for playing a different race, such as Gnome.
    Yupp, ingame Racism

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    I've seen people get kicked for playing a different race, such as Gnome.
    Yupp, ingame Racism
    If only there were a /punt emote. Then we wouldn't be tempted to type /kick.

Deleted
    The vote kick system is just stupid >_>

I was once kicked for saying Hello. All responded goodbye and 4sec later i was kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Unfair, but learn to work the system!

I got a guy votekicked by his own guildies, after he called me (warlock) and my guildie (surv hunter) retards for not interupting. (We cant interupt >.<)
    I might have gotten a little vocal on him after that, clicked vote to kick on him. Entered: The warlock is an asshole in the comment. They kicked him.

I laughed so hard.
    Fucking amazing.

People misspell my name every time, sure, it annoys me, but it sure is no reason for kicking someone...

There are always people like that in LFD/LFR. Is nothing that can really prevent it that I can see so it is best just to move on with your game play and forget about it