Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Vote kicked for misspelling a guys name

So yesterday i was on my 83 rogue in a random dungeon and suddenly i get vote kicked for misspelling the leaders name, how do i know?
    The tank was luckily on my server and i asked him what the reason for kicking me was and he replied "you spelled his name wrong trololol"
    Is this even close to being a GOOD reason for a vote kick?

Please be on topic.

You got trolled, nothing more to it.

Ofcos its not a good reason, but trolls dont need good reasons for doing such things!

/thread

But should this be allowed? Shouldnt blizzard try to make a filter for the reasons written? Just a idea, it may be impossible tho :/

Deleted
    Boohoo. Seriously.

Constructive posting, please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-02-24 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Yeh crap, I once got kicked in a random cuz a talked about "The Tank" in sted of his caracter-name.... loosers....

Deleted
    In my opinion you got what you deserved.

Blizzard should try to logg vote-kick reasons imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimme505 View Post
    But should this be allowed? Shouldnt blizzard try to make a filter for the reasons written? Just a idea, it may be impossible tho :/
    Good idea just wouldn't work as people would end up just putting in a reason that is known to work to kick plus it would take too much manpower from blizz to check every one

Deleted
    Just try not to let it bother you. There are jerks everywhere in life, the important thing is that you don't let them get to you. If you get kicked, just shrug, think, their loss, and requeue

The beauty of LFD, LFR and other tools that group players up randomly. People don't give a shit about each other, and they will make sure other people get to know that.

I like to think they're just sad, fat, pale freaks who call for their mothers to crap Cartman style so they can keep looting 378 dungeon epics without ever going to the bathroom. It makes me feel good about myself.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a good reason, However you got trolled by a bunch of kids pretty much in sense of way because it was ''Funny'' even if It was a ''Stupid'' reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that perhaps they should log the reasons, and tell you why you were kicked. For example; You have been removed from the group for "<insert reason given>". that way people who grief kick can be targeted a bit more.

Majority vote. 3 people didn't want you in that dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTarzan View Post
    The beauty of LFD, LFR and other tools that group players up randomly. People don't give a shit about each other, and they will make sure other people get to know that.

I like to think they're just sad, fat, pale freaks who call for their mothers to crap Cartman style so they can keep looting 378 dungeon epics without ever going to the bathroom. It makes me feel good about myself.
    Made my day! Thank you.

Deleted
    Unfair, but learn to work the system!

I got a guy votekicked by his own guildies, after he called me (warlock) and my guildie (surv hunter) retards for not interupting. (We cant interupt >.<)
    I might have gotten a little vocal on him after that, clicked vote to kick on him. Entered: The warlock is an asshole in the comment. They kicked him.

I laughed so hard.

Shitty reason, but I try not to let it bother me. It comes down to some are just plain fuck faces. They're like that in the real world and the virtual world.

I'm surprised there isn't a wow-heroes type site for it called Wow-dbags or wow-aholes. Where theres a database of dickheads.
    Last edited by qbanb8582; 2012-02-24 at 10:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Official Blizzard response:
    "Nor is it against any rules to votekick a member from the group - one person can't do it, apparently someone agreed with [them]... They don't even need a reason, and it's up to each individual to decide to kick or not to kick."

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...as-harassment/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It happens sometimes that people get vote-kicked for no good reason.

I once was tanking Well of Eternity, but the DPS refused to DPS the Dreadlords that stun Tyrande thus adds just kept piling up (eventually with Infernals too) while I was the only person trying to kill the Dreadlords. So eventually we got overrun by a gazzilion adds being on our asses. I got vote-kicked while I was the only guy who had a clue about what to do...

Stupidity is very common.

The other day I heard that someone got vote-kicked with the reason given: "Shit nigger".
    He made a ticket but the GM couldn't do anything because appearantly the vote-kick reasons don't get logged so he couldn't see what was given as reason to vote-kick.
    I got kicked in similar situations quite often.

I also got kicked a few times for being an 'elitist' while i was only trying to help people, and i wasnt even cursing or insulting anyone at all :-\

Quote Originally Posted by qbanb8582 View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't a wow-heroes type site for it called Wow-dbags or wow-aholes. Where theres a database of dickheads.
    If it was in common use, I'd sub to it

OT: I usually use %t in chat if I need to, which expands to your current target's name. Handy when it's full of accents and umlauts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Just try not to let it bother you. There are jerks everywhere in life, the important thing is that you don't let them get to you. If you get kicked, just shrug, think, their loss, and requeue
    exactly this.
    getting kicked over nothing happens every now and then. no way at all to circumvent this.

edit: i completely changed my behaviour in random groups. i never say anything at all except when they actually ask for something.
    if one person is terribad, i constantly try to votekick said person. if several persons are bad, i either try to rush faster through the dungeon or, if it is unbearable, i just leave, and log onto another character.
    Last edited by mmocd5f6a5c456; 2012-02-24 at 10:44 AM.