1. #2221
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    I know how it works mate, but we're discussing the application of blindness by the glamours here ("Dazzling Glamours" trait), not confusion
    Ah my bad lol, you wouldn't want to use feedback then cause then they miss themselves... Something like null field, portal, or veil on the other hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  2. #2222
    Stood in the Fire Cyphran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Nah you physically swing your arm Zito!! Geez, you mesmers just getting lazier and lazier...
    I would PERSONALLY use the fire sigil with his build, but then again I just like watching fiery explosions erupt from the target scorching everything nearby!!


    Added the fire signet to the GS.... Wow....

    I'd probably put 'em on the Swords too if they weren't so crazy expensive.

    -----

    Bit surprised how much more effective this 20-20-20-5-5 build is than my previous one. I don't feel like I lost much survivability either considering the vigour on crits ability allows me pretty much permanent dodge.

    Man.. I hate change, but this was a bloody good one.

    Wondering if I should shift the phantasm retaliation passive so I can pick up the 10 pointer in illusion. Leaning towards it atm... my phantasms don't seem to make too much use out of it.
    Last edited by Cyphran; 2012-11-09 at 05:34 PM.

  3. #2223
    So John mentioned so far the patch notes for the next patch is 5 pages long and mesmer have the least amount of changes of everyone.

    I swear if torch isn't fixed....

  4. #2224
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Wondering if I should shift the phantasm retaliation passive so I can pick up the 10 pointer in illusion. Leaning towards it atm... my phantasms don't seem to make too much use out of it.
    I don't think it'd be that much use. The trait options aren't terrible but don't really stand out. Meanwhile Confusing Combatants (Dueling 25) is absolutely amazing. I'd implore you to at least take a look.

  5. #2225
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So John mentioned so far the patch notes for the next patch is 5 pages long and mesmer have the least amount of changes of everyone.

    I swear if torch isn't fixed....
    Torch is fine!! And I'm not surprised they're like that they said they're reworking just about very ranger utility (seriously, thank god) and I think engie? Idk someone else was getting major love as well idk who...

    Although.... If they buff the torch phantasm I'd be fine too....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  6. #2226
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Torch is fine!! And I'm not surprised they're like that they said they're reworking just about very ranger utility (seriously, thank god) and I think engie? Idk someone else was getting major love as well idk who...

    Although.... If they buff the torch phantasm I'd be fine too....
    Torch phantasm is a joke, I just use it for shatter if I ever use torch. The torch fire aoe needs to be at the start of entering stealth not at the end, there are various reasons why you can't keep the stealth channeled all the way just for the burn.

    The torch trait is broken. Removing only 1 condition at the end of the channel.

  7. #2227
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Torch phantasm is a joke, I just use it for shatter if I ever use torch. The torch fire aoe needs to be at the start of entering stealth not at the end, there are various reasons why you can't keep the stealth channeled all the way just for the burn.

    The torch trait is broken. Removing only 1 condition at the end of the channel.
    Yeah, I haven't used a torch since like level 15. I only use focus for the speed boost, too. The warden is useless, in my opinion. It doesn't move, so if the mob/boss moves, it renders the warden useless. The only phantasms I use regularly are the duelist and berserker, and sometimes the warlock.

  8. #2228
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    Yeah, I haven't used a torch since like level 15. I only use focus for the speed boost, too. The warden is useless, in my opinion. It doesn't move, so if the mob/boss moves, it renders the warden useless. The only phantasms I use regularly are the duelist and berserker, and sometimes the warlock.
    warden use to be good till it got a 10 second cooldown inbetween its attacks. Eventhough in the patch notes it clearly says its suppose to have a 5 sec cd when traited....

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:01 PM ----------

    Also just discovered arcane theivery only transfers 4 boons and conditions.

    /sad panda

  9. #2229
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    warden use to be good till it got a 10 second cooldown inbetween its attacks. Eventhough in the patch notes it clearly says its suppose to have a 5 sec cd when traited....

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:01 PM ----------

    Also just discovered arcane theivery only transfers 4 boons and conditions.

    /sad panda
    Hopefully they fix the warden, then. I haven't used arcane thievery in forever, so I hadn't noticed.

    What builds are most of you using now? I'm running a phantasms build currently using the sword/pistol and GS. Traits are 20/20/0/10/20

  10. #2230
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    Hopefully they fix the warden, then. I haven't used arcane thievery in forever, so I hadn't noticed.

    What builds are most of you using now? I'm running a phantasms build currently using the sword/pistol and GS. Traits are 20/20/0/10/20
    Every skill a mesmer has contridicts itself so I'm just using a shatter confusion build atm. Pro tip, don't bother stacking condition damage with confusion. It's really not worth it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 11:09 PM ----------

    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...imic-feedback/

    So an interesting discovery has happened on the skill mimic.

    This is why I hate tooltips in this game.

    If warden didn't suck now I'd make one hell of a reflection build. Lets see if they fix warden after the new patch. If it isn't fixed. It is intended and we are doooooooommmeeed
    Last edited by zito; 2012-11-10 at 11:11 PM.

  11. #2231
    Which build would you say is the best for damage output and survivability? I am looking for a good build for WvW and dungeons.

  12. #2232
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Torch phantasm is a joke, I just use it for shatter if I ever use torch. The torch fire aoe needs to be at the start of entering stealth not at the end, there are various reasons why you can't keep the stealth channeled all the way just for the burn.

    The torch trait is broken. Removing only 1 condition at the end of the channel.
    why the hell would you want the fire to be at the beginning? I would much rather blind them to ensure i'm gonna not eat that hit they're going to throw at me, and either be long gone from the fight where the burn doesn't matter, or reenter it with a BANG!!

    And the phantasam seems good to me... confusion on enemy and retaliation to allies near the enemy? fuck hows that bad?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:22 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    Which build would you say is the best for damage output and survivability? I am looking for a good build for WvW and dungeons.
    The nightmare doesn't end until i say so.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  13. #2233
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Interesting build. Is there anything similar to it that uses the GS? I really enjoy the GS. I have also been playing with Mimic and Feedback more. What about Sigil of Inspiration? I really do like the idea of it, does it have a purpose in WvW and dungeons, really?

  14. #2234
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    And the phantasam seems good to me... confusion on enemy and retaliation to allies near the enemy? fuck hows that bad?
    It wouldn't be bad, if as a Phantasm it also did damage on its own. It doesn't. And that one stack of confusion it does, to a single target?

    On paper it sounds nice. In effect it's not. With regards to the Prestige effect, I'd rather it be a timed buff compared to a channel. Attacking breaks early with no effect, but it shouldn't be a channel at all. Fire and Blind effects fit thematically, and would be effective in their current set up, if only you weren't limited to a channel.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  15. #2235
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It wouldn't be bad, if as a Phantasm it also did damage on its own. It doesn't. And that one stack of confusion it does, to a single target?

    On paper it sounds nice. In effect it's not. With regards to the Prestige effect, I'd rather it be a timed buff compared to a channel. Attacking breaks early with no effect, but it shouldn't be a channel at all. Fire and Blind effects fit thematically, and would be effective in their current set up, if only you weren't limited to a channel.
    Now THIS i agree with... if there was no channel i would think the skill would be perfect (although arguably could be OP because that'd allow you to swap weapons and open up with something else, which i would LOVE to enter with more then just a brilliant explosion of purple flames.... but you can probably see where i'm coming from...)

    I can say without a shadow of a doubt that illusionary mage does damage on its own, i know this because i've heard the bitching and moaning from larynx about how said, and i quote, "That fucking illusionary mage dealt 18k damage to me!! That's fucking bull shit!!"

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    Interesting build. Is there anything similar to it that uses the GS? I really enjoy the GS. I have also been playing with Mimic and Feedback more. What about Sigil of Inspiration? I really do like the idea of it, does it have a purpose in WvW and dungeons, really?
    I've used it a good deal in sPvP (it completely WRECKS bunkers), i've also used it in WvW where it was highly effective against the zerg, targeting someone in the middle and causing 6+ stacks of confusion to erupt onto the crowd makes them melt, especially since most zerg aren't intelligent enough to stop shooting when getting their face melted by attacking...

    Dungeons, no idea, but i'd IMAGINE that it's highly effective in there especially against bosses, the entire strength of the build is how much sustain and burst damage you can do, as well as being able to control if you need to.

    For greatsword you'd need to switch it up a bit, a great sword build would need to focus less on condition damage due to the lack of it utilizing this (however a vast amount of your damage comes from confusion which you primarily get from either Scepter or shatters so it MAY work without any trait point changes, some majors would be nice though.)

    IF you swapped to great sword it'd be used more second hand where as with the current build that's the scepters role, the greatsword would allow some very nice control/utility though which is always good!!

    As for the utilities, i just put my personal favorites, the only one i WOULDNT remove is mirror images, i also wouldn't remove mass invis because that just seems to be the greatest elite mesmers have because it is a total game changer when used properly and allows you to come back into combat while pretending to be a clone and most enemies in pvp will just completely move past you thinking you're just another clone.

    PS: there is no limit on the amount of people affected by it unless that was changed recently, i know i got an entire zerg with it in WvW, you can only IMAGINE how confused the enemy zerg was.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  16. #2236
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I can say without a shadow of a doubt that illusionary mage does damage on its own, i know this because i've heard the bitching and moaning from larynx about how said, and i quote, "That fucking illusionary mage dealt 18k damage to me!! That's fucking bull shit!!"[COLOR="red"]
    maybe he meant the Illusionary Warlock... this thing crits for like 7,5k.

  17. #2237
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    What about Sigil of Inspiration? I really do like the idea of it, does it have a purpose in WvW and dungeons, really?
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume you meant Signet of Inspiration (and not Sigil)

    If this is the case then think about this: 6x Runes of Lyssa -> Time Warp -> Signet of Inspiration

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I checked your build since I've been running one somehow similar to that. Just a question, why do you have sigils of corruption on every weapon set? I suppose you have a separate set of weapons (with other sigils) that you switch into once you reach 25 stacks? One other thing, since your build is high on toughness, wouldn't you gain more from using 6x Runes of the Undead?
    I'll tell you in another life, when we are both cats.

  18. #2238
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume you meant Signet of Inspiration (and not Sigil)

    If this is the case then think about this: 6x Runes of Lyssa -> Time Warp -> Signet of Inspiration



    I checked your build since I've been running one somehow similar to that. Just a question, why do you have sigils of corruption on every weapon set? I suppose you have a separate set of weapons (with other sigils) that you switch into once you reach 25 stacks? One other thing, since your build is high on toughness, wouldn't you gain more from using 6x Runes of the Undead?
    I've tried he undead ones, and as awesome as my condi damage became (getting up into about 1.7k or so actually) i realized i was actually MORE effective with the extra condi duration because it turned out that despite the fact that i barely had confusion up (compared to the others) that it was by far my most damage, so it's really just up to you, if you want to front load all your damage into confusion do what i did, but if you're wantingto use all your other conditions for damage then go with undead.

    And the only reason i put corruption actually is because i know everyone would freak out if i put my actual sigils on there which are the Demon Summoning ones lol.

    PS: I never carry 2 weapon sets, i just keep the stack ones equipped cause heaven forbid i were to get downed and end up missing out on some stacks because i had the wrong set...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  19. #2239
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Now THIS i agree with... if there was no channel i would think the skill would be perfect (although arguably could be OP because that'd allow you to swap weapons and open up with something else, which i would LOVE to enter with more then just a brilliant explosion of purple flames.... but you can probably see where i'm coming from...)

    I can say without a shadow of a doubt that illusionary mage does damage on its own, i know this because i've heard the bitching and moaning from larynx about how said, and i quote, "That fucking illusionary mage dealt 18k damage to me!! That's fucking bull shit!!"

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:15 PM ----------



    I've used it a good deal in sPvP (it completely WRECKS bunkers), i've also used it in WvW where it was highly effective against the zerg, targeting someone in the middle and causing 6+ stacks of confusion to erupt onto the crowd makes them melt, especially since most zerg aren't intelligent enough to stop shooting when getting their face melted by attacking...

    Dungeons, no idea, but i'd IMAGINE that it's highly effective in there especially against bosses, the entire strength of the build is how much sustain and burst damage you can do, as well as being able to control if you need to.

    For greatsword you'd need to switch it up a bit, a great sword build would need to focus less on condition damage due to the lack of it utilizing this (however a vast amount of your damage comes from confusion which you primarily get from either Scepter or shatters so it MAY work without any trait point changes, some majors would be nice though.)

    IF you swapped to great sword it'd be used more second hand where as with the current build that's the scepters role, the greatsword would allow some very nice control/utility though which is always good!!

    As for the utilities, i just put my personal favorites, the only one i WOULDNT remove is mirror images, i also wouldn't remove mass invis because that just seems to be the greatest elite mesmers have because it is a total game changer when used properly and allows you to come back into combat while pretending to be a clone and most enemies in pvp will just completely move past you thinking you're just another clone.

    PS: there is no limit on the amount of people affected by it unless that was changed recently, i know i got an entire zerg with it in WvW, you can only IMAGINE how confused the enemy zerg was.
    Awesome, thank you! I will give this a try once I have the appropriate gear.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 09:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume you meant Signet of Inspiration (and not Sigil)

    If this is the case then think about this: 6x Runes of Lyssa -> Time Warp -> Signet of Inspiration
    Yes, I meant signet....I have no idea why I put sigil. >_<

  20. #2240
    What's your guys stance on Rune of the Mad King for conf based builds. I think there's potential due to power being good for phantasms and shatters and cond duration being great for confusion. Dno about the 6th bonus though...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •