Phantasmal Haste is (was)? working on my Swordsman last I checked, lemme go back and find out

Edit: No it wasn't. I'm just dumb. Wow, gg ANet. Fucking fail.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-11-16 at 12:11 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Ugh. Tempted to go level a completely different class or just not bother at all with the game at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Phantasmal Haste is (was)? working on my Swordsman last I checked, lemme go back and find out
    Doesn't seem to work as intended for Image or Iwarden let me make sure.

Ugh. Tempted to go level a completely different class or just not bother at all with the game at the minute.
    I've lost motivation to play my mesmer atm. I've sucked all the builds I could make dry and they don't really offer anything distinctive and the ones that are differences are too tedious.

Yeah, no, Swordsman is not working either.

Ugh, so much for that idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Doesn't seem to work as intended for Image or Iwarden let me make sure.

I've lost motivation to play my mesmer atm. I've sucked all the builds I could make dry and they don't really offer anything distinctive and the ones that are differences are too tedious.
    I'm just wondering what the point is when other classes can do things so much more better than a mesmer.

Yeah, no, Swordsman is not working either.

Ugh, so much for that idea.
    lets see if I can list all the issues right now with mesmer!

-Phantasmal haste does not work even after 2 "fixes"
    -Illusionary leap often gets snagged or the clone does not leap or spawn.
    -Illusionary leap can still get you stuck in objects
    -scepter is still a joke
    -temporal curatain does not reflect attacks from anything taller then a human (LOLGONORNS)
    -temporal curtains swiftness does not stack with anyone else's
    -Iwarden does not work with phantasmal haste correctly
    -torch is garbage
    -Priestage requires 3 sec channel and to be near the target for burning to trigger. Being near the target is a death trap, doing anything breaks any benefit from the skill
    -Image is still useless
    -crippling dispasition does not stack and or increased duration via anything
    -signets are garbage
    -signet of inspiration does not work outside of combat and sometimes gives 2 boons (?)
    -mantra of pain is not practical for PvE
    -mantra of distraction daze is not practical for PvE
    -blink smart target is not "smart"
    -signet of midnight is overall a waste
    -arcane theivery caps at 4 conditions and 4 boons, occasionally it will only transfer 1 or 2 boons/condtions even though here is more on you.
    -phantasmal defender does not work when there is more then 1 out, health sucks, and has a cap which is wasted by other illusions near by.
    -signet of illusions bonus health is delayed for 3 seconds after summoning an illusion
    -mantra of concentration is not practical in PvE
    -mimic needs to properly deflect projectiles
    -phantasmal disenchanter is a joke, limited condition/boon removal and small range which only benefits melee
    -mass invis is garbage, long cast time, short duration very limiting
    -moa has no use in PvE

Now on to traits....
    Last edited by zito; 2012-11-16 at 12:35 AM.

You forgot that Illusionary Leap's "Swap" can still teleport you through the floor.

Swordsman damage was dropped or something, they just don't hit as hard anymore. The hell?

-Halting strike is limited because we don't have many interrupts
    -signet mastery is useless as the on use of all signets are worthless
    -confusion enchantments wasted major trait for how limited we are with glamours
    -cleansing conflagulation DOES NOT WORK. Prestige removes 1 condition after the 3 sec stealth channel
    -confounding suggestions is limited by the low amount of dazes we have and is redundant because of how daze works
    -wastrels punishment does what exactly?
    -far reaching manipulations is limited by little manipulations we have
    -phantasmal fury does not refresh properly with illusions
    -retalition shield is too short
    -protected mantras is a death sentence
    -blurred inscriptions is useless by the uselessness of signets
    -duelist discipline is half wasted as it applys to one ability
    -furious interuption is limited by the small amount of interrupts
    -decent into madness is limited
    -master of misdirection is limited by the low amount of manipulation skills we have
    -debilitating disspasition is "weak"
    -retalitory demise is useless
    -chaotic interruption is useless for obvious reasons
    -cleansing inscriptions is useless for obvious reasons
    -bountiful interuption is useless for obvious reasons
    -Adding 1 sec to cloak at a 30 point major trait is a wasted major trait
    -chaotic transference is extremely weak for a high point minor trait

More to come!

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 12:34 AM ----------

You forgot that Illusionary Leap's "Swap" can still teleport you through the floor.
    added
    I used it on capricorn yesterday and went threw the rocks and just ended up using phantasm los to kill everyone on the point

I can't do that now but I can still go under the rocks

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 12:45 AM ----------

-glamour mastery is limited by the number of glamours
    -persisting images is too low to make a difference and is a wasted trait. It needs to be at least 50%
    -compounding clarity does not stack with swiftness, does not effect side stepping and backpedaling. Overall useless
    -malicious sorcery bonus condition damage is useless for scepter as it has 1 condition with a small uptime
    -wardens feedback temporal curtains reflect does not work on tall foes. Roll norn to stomp focus mesmers.
    -temporal enchanter is useless for obvious reasons
    -restorative mantras is useless for the high cast time of mantras and lowish range and lack of being able to do anything while channeling
    -restorative illusions will never be picked up because shattered conditions is too strong and conditions are too threatening
    -phantasmal healing does not work right and has a player cap of 5 people and effects illusions (making it worthless in partys since regeneration will apply to your illusions instead)
    -vengeful images is useless as retaliation does not refresh right.
    -illusion clarity prevents any illusions cd's from other traits from applying and since 75% of our skills summons an illusion it makes the 20% reduction on other traits useless
    -shatterd strenght might duration too low
    -master of misdirection needs to be baseline
    -illusionary elasticity is limited by our only 2 bouncing attacks.
    -dazzling glamours is limited to null field only (1 of our 2 glamours that counts) as feedback reflects attacks back blinded. Really stupid
    -Phantasmal haste does not work (this is the 2nd time it was "fixed")
    -imbuned diversion is useless for obvious reasons

Shatters:

Mind wrack is not useful for long term fights. You are better off keeping illusions and phantasms up for secondary and primary damage.
    cry of frustration is useless in PvE and only useful combined with scepter and stacking condition duration

I think this covers the basics. Ima go play paper mario sticker star now.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's the risk a developer runs when they go with a, "Every class can basically do everything." system. It's difficult to really find anything terribly distinctive to bring to the table, and there will always be another class that's better at what you do, anyway.
    When I said distinctive I didn't mean with other proffesions. I mean with other mesmer builds.

Mesmer builds greatly lack diversity among each other and if they do have diversity it just plain sucks or is too tedious to work.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 01:01 AM ----------

Anet just admited they have 2 people working on proffesion changes and very limited patch testing.

This is why you do open patch testing like other games do (rift, wow, tsw, everything else). IT'S FREE TESTING FOR YOU. And you wouldn't come out with a half broken patch.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-11-16 at 12:46 AM.

Yup, Swordsman and Berserker are both nerfed pretty hardcore damage wise too, without even mentioning them ...the rest of my damage hasn't gone up, though.

At this point, I should just go and play something on my 3DS or some DKCR while I wait for my copy of Paper Mario Sticker Star to show up.

Yup, Swordsman and Berserker are both nerfed pretty hardcore damage wise too, without even mentioning them ...the rest of my damage hasn't gone up, though.

At this point, I should just go and play something on my 3DS or some DKCR while I wait for my copy of Paper Mario Sticker Star to show up.
    Why didn't you just download sticker star on the 3ds like I did? It comes with its own eshop and no tax and shipping fees

Also weeeeee you got sticker star too!

no spoilers for you

well except one

bowser loses against mario in the final battle

but isn't that everytime?

Why didn't you just download sticker star on the 3ds like I did? It comes with its own eshop and no tax and shipping fees

Also weeeeee you got sticker star too!
    I was going to buy it from Walmart when it came out, the one right here to this day STILL has kept it locked up in the back and not on their shelves. It's like they don't even want money. EBGames/GameStop was closed then, because hey, it was a holiday, gg. I ended up losing my bank card that day, and apparently a friend is sending me a copy for free as long as I write a review on it? I'm cool with waiting.

no spoilers for you
    About fucking time, honestly zito. <3

About fucking time, honestly zito. <3
    TOO LATE I GAVE U SPOILERS

bowser loses

:3

seriously though was there ever a time where he won?

Super Mario RPG. Only because he lost, first.

Super Mario RPG. Only because he lost, first.
    I guess he wins sometimes in super mario brothers brawl and that series.

I guess he wins sometimes in super mario brothers brawl and that series.
    Those don't count. But no, really, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (see also: Paper Mario-Zero), you kick the snot out of Bowser at the very beginning of the game. So badly so that he actually loses his castle. About 40% of the way through the game, he becomes a permanent party member, to take back his castle from the Smithy gang.

The fact that you beat them, and he's back in his castle, I'd declare that as a win. And not a lolsports game or Smash Bros win, but a genuine win.

Mesmer is currently unplayable. Ever since they removed the los thing, every small GOD DAMN BUMP in terrain gives an obstructed message. Not to mention phantasms took a hit in damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tested about how much damage we lost with the phantasms? Like how much damage you were doing before, and how much now?
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

This thread is the perfect example of why developers shouldn't take balance suggestions from forum posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    This thread is the perfect example of why developers shouldn't take balance suggestions from forum posters.
    You should see the official ranger forum... Each and every thread in there is almost as bad as this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.