https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1019814

I'm so glad other classes are worth of hotfix after 2 days and not mesmers. R.I.P. phantasmal berserker. Welcome naked clones...

The thing which sets Durz and me off about some posts here is that people complain about bugs while mesmers still have a way of being viable while other classes simply don't. Most/all top Spvp teams run with atleast one mesmer, so if you go with class representation mes isn't that bad (again to be clear, I don't mean to say that mesmer doesn't need fixing)
    Other classes have other ways to be viable just like mesmer. However that ends up us being pigeon holded into certain builds, just like other classes. Currently it's a shatter build we are being pigeon holded too or something + portal for tournaments.

Our utility's are redundant and self sufficient. I seem to always run null field and feedback if I want any form of suport. As signets, mantras and manipulation seem to be centered around you alone.

They seem to have fixed the naked clones in tournaments as well. Too impatient aren't we? I dread what you would say if you were playing an engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by kelevandros View Post
    They seem to have fixed the naked clones in tournaments as well. Too impatient aren't we? I dread what you would say if you were playing an engineer.
    While I wasn't calling them out on their hotfix, I'm still wondering why they won't actually give them Completion stars, Titles, Downed Marks, offhands... some of which has openly been acknowledged as a bug since beta (or headstart in the case of Completion Star).

And personally speaking (not for Zito, not for anyone but myself) it seems like ANet is rather content having a half-assed mechanic than let it be broken enough to warrant fixing. Engineers feel this. Mesmers feel this. After four months at least (I don't know how long it's been since the Engineer toolkit revamp), when does it go from being "too impatient" to actively warranted?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

It's a miracle tbh since they refused to fix the last game breaking bug (izerker) and *cough* they still didn't fix that.

I don't even bother killing zerkers on my theif because I know the 2nd attack will miss.

Well I don't know... I tried doing some sPVP and free tournaments for the monthly yesterday afternoon. I tried so hard with my engineer, but it seems I'm really a bad player with him. I've tried and tried so many combinations of skills all these months and I either die too fast or I generally my attacks hit for nothing or both. And then I changed to my mesmer which I still don't know how to play well and suddenly the game became much easier. The difference was huge. I think mesmers are in a much better spot anyway.

Well I don't know... I tried doing some sPVP and free tournaments for the monthly yesterday afternoon. I tried so hard with my engineer, but it seems I'm really a bad player with him. I've tried and tried so many combinations of skills all these months and I either die too fast or I generally my attacks hit for nothing or both. And then I changed to my mesmer which I still don't know how to play well and suddenly the game became much easier. The difference was huge. I think mesmers are in a much better spot anyway.
    turret condition engineers are more annoying then a mesmer imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    If Mesmers, Engineers, Warriors and Necromancers and Rangers are broken, does that mean only Thieves/Guardians/Elementalists work?

Only 3 of those classes are broken, have a gues which ones...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Only 3 of those classes are broken, have a gues which ones...
    I see wut u did thar.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    To link it to WoW again:
    Posts on the mesmer forum and here (but less so) come across as those "hunters" who want MM to be viable when 60% of the top 10teams has a hunter in them but they're SV.
    Really? To me, it feels like a Shadow priest or Enhancement (or even Elemental) Shaman saying "Can we get any actual PvP representation" and the response being "No, you can spec Disc/Resto and deal with it. That's already good." Completely separate emphasis, completely separate playstyles and things to bring to the table. There is currently one spec with Mesmers that's working. One. (shatter play). And apparently it was buffed. I don't even know how few with Guardians or Elementals or anything, but this is kind of away from the system that ANet had told us.

And telling a person "You can't play Shadow, the only thing you're allowed to bring is Discipline" is pretty shit. It's one thing if top teams are doing it. It's another if top teams are doing it, mid teams are doing it, the game creators themselves are doing it by buffing discipline and yet the already unviable Shadow is nerfed harder, and some of the stuff that was holding Shadow back has been broken since beta.

"Priests at least have representation" doesn't really make any of the above better, it really doesn't.

And yes Jon/A-net needs to quit BSing so much, I'm tired of them not answering to the point or simply dropping a convo the moment people come with proof that what they say is happening isn't what is actually happening.
    Pretty much. Hell, even near the "end" of GW1's reign (still going, but I meant pre-launch GW2), look at the overhaul of the Ele. They talked about it, they said "Here's what we're doing" and boom, there it is. This halfassed everything is just... I don't know. Words.

I can't play an Elementalist worth a damn. And Thief's rythym was something I could never master. Doesn't mean that either class is intrinsically worse off, just that their playstyle was off from what I needed. I give my Thief friend the reins to my Mesmer and he just falls over. Even compared to a Thief, because that's what works for him.

Engineers are pretty poop in the barrel, I'm not disregarding that. They are. But as for hitting for nothing, Mesmers have that too. They run out of tricks, they die just as fast with a thief. Now especially that they nerfed Illusionary Membrane (one of the few things that let me live as long as I did to begin with).
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-19 at 04:24 PM.

This issue should be fixed; the world complete star shouldn’t show up on mesmers or their clones for opposing players in WvW or sPvP. Teammates will still be able to see the star. If opposing players can still see this, please provide details on how this occurred (if known) along with a screenshot.
    Thanks, everyone!
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1043431

I'm happy and all, but you are freaken kidding me? You could of said it in the patch notes. Like how are we suppose to have figured it out when we assume all mesmer's we are fighting just didn't have world completion?

Now we need titles, offhand weapons, and death markers.

We should be all fixed by next year.

Death Markers > Summoning clones clearing (or randomly having chance of swapping) Called Target markers > Offhand Weapons > Titles. In this order, please.

Or, all at the same time but immediately, I wouldn't complain. But really that's the order of importance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Death Markers > Summoning clones clearing (or randomly having chance of swapping) Called Target markers > Offhand Weapons > Titles. In this order, please.

Or, all at the same time but immediately, I wouldn't complain. But really that's the order of importance to me.
    summoning clones should have called marker on their heads if it is on your head.

So if you had 3 clones out there would be 4 called targets total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    summoning clones should have called marker on their heads if it is on your head.

So if you had 3 clones out there would be 4 called targets total.
    I think they should just make it so summoning a clone works like stealth where the marker gets cleared.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 10:09 AM ----------

Just because you can play Mesmer better than engi doesn't mean engi is broken (not saying it's in the est shape granted, then again boom chicken makes a lot of engis look bad so idk if they're actually bad off...) because I picked up thief and warrior couldn't do much of anything, swap over to an ele and start bending people over. Idk about you, but everything I've hear is that ele is "harder" to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Might stacks are pretty crazy right now. It is not that difficult or rare to get a 3+1 mind wreck with a 20+ stack off. Anet probably intended to buff our sustained DPS a bit, but everybody and their mother is crying about our burst now. I hope we won't get nerfed in other ways because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Might stacks are pretty crazy right now. It is not that difficult or rare to get a 3+1 mind wreck with a 20+ stack off. Anet probably intended to buff our sustained DPS a bit, but everybody and their mother is crying about our burst now. I hope we won't get nerfed in other ways because of this.
    The only way to get another mind wrack off with 20+ stacks at the time is:

-stack boon duration out the ass
    -Have mirror images
    -Another outside source of might

People need to realize that if you see 3 people that look the same coming towards you, you probably need to dodge.

And this of course only applys to people who don't run a boon stripper.

Not many classes have boon strippers (or good ones anyways) I think necros and mesmers are basically the only ones who can efficiently strip boons.

What changed regarding might stacking? I'm still just rocking my phantasm build in pve

10+ Year Old Account

-Have mirror images

People need to realize that if you see 3 people that look the same coming towards you, you probably need to dodge.

Yeah, the more i do instances the more and more i realize no one runs boon strippers... i know on my mesmer i run with arcane thievery now, because whelp,nothing is as satisfying as ripping away 25 stacks of might from an enemy mesmer and then bending them over... and because ripping boons almost 100% negates guardians because all their strength comes from boons, without them they're nothing.

PS: I hope people don't learn to dodge when 3 look alikes charge them, then my shatters will be less useful xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I don't pvp on my mesmer anymore because people are getting too smart. This "smartness" is only applied to mesmers because of how linear our mechanic is. 3 stationary clones suddenly move towards you. Yea dodge. 3 stationary clones attack twice as slow as a normal mesmer, yea obvious clone.

/fail

-Have mirror images

GS 2 can also add some stacks.