1. #2581
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Been running a version of Osicat's non-shatter confusion build in WvW and it's pretty ridiculous thus far. You're basically unkillable unless you make a mistake, and the damage you can put out is pretty surprising.
    Is that the one with duelist discipline?

    That one is bugged, with that trait iduelist is getting 100% proc chance on combo instead of 20% so the confusion up time is insane. Don't expect it to last.

  2. #2582
    Is that the one with duelist discipline?

    That one is bugged, with that trait iduelist is getting 100% proc chance on combo instead of 20% so the confusion up time is insane. Don't expect it to last.
    No, doesn't have that trait. Doesn't use Pistol at all, actually, it's Scepter/Torch + Staff mainly. (There's an option for Sword/Pistol or Scepter/Pistol in your off set, but still not with that trait, or relying on combo fields at all.)

  3. #2583
    So my mesmer is like 55 now and he is a little ZzZzzz.

    Does it get better eventually or will GS spam continue into 80 (also in the scarlet events it is hard to keep illusions up)?

    I'm kind of nervous to start over since I unlocked some slots and what not but atm mesmer doesn't seem as fun as say, ele/war/guardian/thief. Though there was one WvWvW where a commander made me portal and a bunch of golems came out which actually made me feel useful for once as a mesmer.

  4. #2584
    Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    So my mesmer is like 55 now and he is a little ZzZzzz.

    Does it get better eventually or will GS spam continue into 80 (also in the scarlet events it is hard to keep illusions up)?

    I'm kind of nervous to start over since I unlocked some slots and what not but atm mesmer doesn't seem as fun as say, ele/war/guardian/thief. Though there was one WvWvW where a commander made me portal and a bunch of golems came out which actually made me feel useful for once as a mesmer.
    Mesmer niche in groups is portal and glamour fields. They are fun to play in PvP but in PvE they are very one note. If you want build variety while leveling you can go shatter if you want. Max level builds are usually phantasm, shatter, interrupt or confusion build. Interrupt and confusion builds are slow for leveling and farming in general.

  5. #2585
    I've used both a shatter and phantasm build and in neither one did I 'GS spam' very much. I tend to like to pull a bunch of stuff, cast Iwarden, Blurred Frenzy, and profit. :P

  6. #2586
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mesmer niche in groups is portal and glamour fields. They are fun to play in PvP but in PvE they are very one note. If you want build variety while leveling you can go shatter if you want. Max level builds are usually phantasm, shatter, interrupt or confusion build. Interrupt and confusion builds are slow for leveling and farming in general.
    I tend to pick classes by how few I think there would be in the game (special snowflake syndrome) but realized during wvw and scarlet zergs that there are 100s of every class (except maybe necros but I'm not too fond of what little necro I have played). Like I said, there has been a time or two where mesmer was interesting to play but I feel like a class should be that most of the time and not in specific situations. It is so hard to pick a main when I haven't xp'd 80 yet, just don't want to regret it if mesmer really isn't right for me.
    Last edited by waddlez; 2013-08-27 at 07:32 PM.

  7. #2587
    Alright, about to gear my mesmer in exotic berserker gear (since looking at the ascended weapons I know ascended armor ain't happening :P). Wanted to double check on runes though.

    Still Ruby Orbs across the board or is there a better suggestion? I switch between shatter and phantasm builds mostly. I know a lot of people have been saying Traveler's for the 25% speed bonus (which would be nice).

    Actually, should I be looking at any of the Assassin's stat stuff?

  8. #2588
    For assassin's gear it's hard to tell, it depends on what sigils you're using and what type of content you do. If you have access to fury (warriors/eles/rangers/...) and banner of disc (wars) (and on top of that spotter but that's not really needed) you shouldn't need assassin's gear.

    The only reason to use assassin's gear as of yet is to minimise waste. Or to swap out a sigil of accuracy for force. Think of the people who get 98%crit chance, they are probably better off getting 2% more crit chance.

    Ruby Orbs are still second best, best are Scholar Runes. It's possible that in switching from ruby orbs to scholar assassin's gear becomes better but I can't do that math for everyone

    Fun thing btw, I calculated the DPS increase of Ascended weapons and its something like 0.5%, yes you read that right half a percent...

  9. #2589
    Right now I have Superior Sigils of Force in GS and focus with Bloodlust in 1H sword. And you know me, I don't usually do group stuff unless it's a zerg. :P

  10. #2590
    I don't know how empower allies/spotter and banners work with zergs so it's hard to say.

    If you are mainly a solo player assassin's gear might be of more help.

  11. #2591
    Stood in the Fire Cyphran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    361
    Threw some gold at the new Traveller's (wish I had read more *before* patch) May not be the optimal choice, but the speed bonus is wonderful. I feel so fast.

  12. #2592
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Threw some gold at the new Traveller's (wish I had read more *before* patch) May not be the optimal choice, but the speed bonus is wonderful. I feel so fast.
    I WvW quite a bit and I'll get the traveler's runes when my mesmer is 80 even if the runes are sub-optimal. I tried focus and don't really like it, but would still like to travel around the map with some speed and this gives me just the opportunity to fulfill my desire of replacing focus with something else I might like better. Plus if I wanted to be more optimal in say a dungeon setting I can just get a second set of gear with better runes no problem.

  13. #2593
    Can someone explain how to use Signet of Inspiration in groups? Because I am not understanding why it's such a fantastic thing.

  14. #2594
    It's great to use with parties that bring loads of buffs with typical "short" durations. Think of Protection, Regen, Fury,... You can make the party have those boons twice as long by popping SOI. Another advantage is that it doubles might stacks. If your party has 13stacks of might and you pop SOI all of a sudden everyone has 25stacks of might.

    Note that when I say your party I mean you + everyone within range (which if you play "correctly" would be everyone).

    So basically pop it whenever you have lots of boons or when you need to help keep might up.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

  15. #2595
    I tried that, but I really didn't notice a difference. I popped it when the guardian's and warrior's buffs were about to wear off and it didn't appear to extend any durations at all. As for might we went from 16 stacks to 4. That's why I'm confused. And we were stacked on top of each other so it wasn't a range issue.

  16. #2596
    Did you have the boons? It doesn't look at the other players boons, just yours and yours get "copied".
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

  17. #2597
    Ohh, so it doesn't work for me? It just applies to everyone else? That would explain it. :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    By the way, does anyone have any tips for utility skills for Subject Alpha in CoE? I usually run SoI, Feedback, Null Field, but Feedback doesn't seem particularly useful for those fights. Wondering if there are any tricks with other skills?

  18. #2598
    What are you doing in COE? I thought you hated dungeons

    Anyway what I use (since I play shatter) is Mirror Images, SOI, Null Field when I'm allowed to bring my mes to CoE (but that's another story )
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

  19. #2599
    Well, 2 reasons:

    1. Wanted to get the light chest & legs for my necro
    2. Turns out CoE is the only place to get exotic Dire armor (aside from the Jatoro set), which I was wanting to try in WvW.

    I figure it's a kill 2 birds with one stone thing. :P

    Path 1 was a nightmare. I died a stupid amount of times. I don't know if 2 & 3 were easier or I just quit sucking somewhere along the way. If it weren't for the token grind I probably would have quit after P1. I even asked the party if they wanted me to leave, it was that bad. Fortunately they seemed surprisingly patient with a first timer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    So, it turns out I have quite a few unused laurels lying around and I'm actually considering giving my mesmer some ascended accessories. While I assume I should look for anything with zerker stats on it I noticed some of the pieces have 4 or more stats on them, which made me wonder which are technically considered BIS?

  20. #2600
    The ones with most power/prec/crit.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •