Page 3 of 133 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Poison is different, reduces heal 33%, this is, like you said to make the foe waste his heal. Or like I said, the other way around, hecky thinks he got 5000 health but in reality he has 1000.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    Poison is different, reduces heal 33%, this is, like you said to make the foe waste his heal. Or like I said, the other way around, hecky thinks he got 5000 health but in reality he has 1000.
    So essentially bringing in a version of Illusion of weakness? I think it'd make a good heal for the mesmer, make enemies think you have less health then you do and then once you get to X% it heals you up or something, but other then that it seems like it'd be pretty worthless overall. ESPECIALLY in PVE, and i think Anet is trying to make skills be good in both sections of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I must say... that prior to TB's wife's video on the Mesmer, I wasn't all that excited about the profession. But, now that I've seen some Mesmer action, I can defiantly say that I'll roll one even if just for an alt.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Ether feast and Mirror need a buff because they are shitty heals, and that 3 second evade isn't enough.

Wish someone in beta actually tested something.... like mantras.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    No Druzlla.
    Forget what illusion of weakness does in GW.
    Now illusion of weakness is a skill that states, when you cast this skill foe's health bubble shows less 3000 health than he has in reality and now illusion of strenght that states, when you cast this skill foe's health bubble shows more 3000 health than he has in reality.

Edit: for better explaining.
    Last edited by mmoc0ed12bb383; 2012-02-25 at 01:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Druzlla, it's not for yourself. Imagine if illusion of weakness (except for the heal part and the foe didn't really lose health but the health bubble showed less health than he actually had) was an hex, and you got both illusion of weakness and illusion of strenght or whatever.
    I think illusion of strength would be better to put on yourself then on someone else, because it'd be pretty bad to use on anyone watching their health bubble.. And it still doesn't fix the "It's useless in pve" aspect...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    I edited my post above but you already got the ideia. And yes it's useless in pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I edited my post above but you already got the ideia. And yes it's useless in pve.
    What may make it better would be a mechanic like illusion of pain, (maybe make it a giant aoe effect or something?) where they just lose a ton of their health but gain it back when the effect ends. You could do the same with illusion of strength to give you and nearby allies a bunch of health that you will lose when the effect ends.

Then it'd be a bit more useful in pvp, and would have a use in pve.

Deleted
    Yeah, not really the ideia I got in mind but definitely more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Signets and traits up the damage and health of illusions. You are going to wanna shatter clones before you summon a phantasm for convince.

I have developed 3 weapon specs strictly for PvP, I just need to test some skills I have little info on like mantra's. So..... prepare to die!
    The problem with the current iteration of shattering is that it doesn't force your opponent to make difficult choices,it makes the mesmer decide whether he wants to keep his "pets" up or minion bomb them (and it is a minion bomb,no matter how much it makes you want to tear your hair off in furstration :P).Not to mention the whole stupidity of all-at-once shattering, which removes tactical desicions in favor of ease of implementing.I don't want to shatter my whole cadre of Illusions! I want to shatter the one you mistook for ME because I did my job well and made you believe it WAS me.

Numbers are not the issue here.When I said meaningful damage I meant an amount of damage that would (compared to shattering effects) force the target to decide between taking that whole damage (that's why I added that they'll need to have fixed durations in this case) or shattering them now for a burst of whatever the meser decides at the moment "Hmmmm do I take the whole 1k damage over time,or attack them now and risk taking a stun/500 instant damage/5 sec confusion?" (again numbers here are an example,not a suggestion,there are others that can balance said numbers much more objectively than I can).

Then again the trait system might alleviate this concern of mine.But I strongly believe that shattering everything at once is a clunky and lazy design that removes strategy from the mesmer gameplay and needs to be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Moa morph doesn't prevent attacking, though it reduces your damage dramatically?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I'm just going to leave this right here, but remember, this is the yogscast...

And yes you get a new set of skills when you become a moa, I saw it in a video but I don't remember which one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So. After watching that Yogscast thing, I finally thought about it...

As a Sword Mesmer, you could do the leap that sends your illusion in... and THEN you could do the leap that sends you in. Couldn't you?
    Now that's what I call mind games. :3
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

as I intend to play the mesmer at release, I refuse to look at the spotlight for the class.

I'm abit torn about the mesmer tho as it is right now, I definitly want to play one but I can't say I'm entirely sold on the illusions.
    And I definitly do not like the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    So. After watching that Yogscast thing, I finally thought about it...

As a Sword Mesmer, you could do the leap that sends your illusion in... and THEN you could do the leap that sends you in. Couldn't you?
    Now that's what I call mind games. :3
    Most likely going to play 2h Sword and Sword/Pistol Mesmer just so I can screw with people like that~
    Think the only thing I'm sad about in this game is that sword is only a MH weapon (I think) for most professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would swapping weapons dispel your illusions? O_o

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mesmer was my favorite class from Guild Wars 1 hands down and until I see it in action myself I'm reserving judgement. They've only shown a few of their abilities so far (and the idea behind some of the others) but if you watch the ability trailers there seems to be many things they can do (including direct damage with spells now =O) that will make them more than interrupt and curse machines. I like this, interrupts and curses were fun, but in PvE it just wasn't nearly as fun. It seems like they are definitely taking the approach of making Mesmers more useful in PvE without completely destroying what they were in PvP. I have high hopes for Mesmers =D

(and it is a minion bomb,no matter how much it makes you want to tear your hair off in furstration :P)
    Who said anything about minion bomber?

---------- Post added 2012-02-25 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Would swapping weapons dispel your illusions? O_o
    No, but the illusions carry the weapon you were using to summon them, so if you switch from a greatsword to a staff its pretty obvious who you really are, though most people don't pay attention to that.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of wish they gave mesmers a little more melee abilities within the dual sword weapon skill. Only having one melee strike ability just sounds like it would get dulll fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No, but the illusions carry the weapon you were using to summon them, so if you switch from a greatsword to a staff its pretty obvious who you really are, though most people don't pay attention to that.
    Yeah, people would have to really pay attention to really pick all that out... depends on how long of a cooldown you have on weapon swapping.

I'd probably go with dual sword Mesmer, combined with either 2H Greatsword or Scepter/Focus, in that case... probably will pick Greatsword... primarily because it just "makes sense" to me, for pairing with swords..

---------- Post added 2012-02-26 at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Kind of wish they gave mesmers a little more melee abilities within the dual sword weapon skill. Only having one melee strike ability just sounds like it would get dulll fast.
    I don't see how. That's your "basic attack" and it's true that the primary focus of the Mesmer is not on basic attacks, but on fanciful mind-fucking magic. (pardon my french, but that term fits mesmer so perfectly!)