so is there a way you can build a mesmer so where i wouldnt be so reliant on clones and stuff.i mean i was talkin to someone on another forum and it seemed like shattering was just one way to play a mesmer and theres other ways of playing them

i mean i like the whole deception thing mesmers have,i just dont really wanna have to micro manage a bunch of clones and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They did not forget, John P already said an entire re-work is being implemented to make them viable, it just didn't make it to BWE2.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say that they had completed the overhaul but it wasn't in time for the event?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    so is there a way you can build a mesmer so where i wouldnt be so reliant on clones and stuff.i mean i was talkin to someone on another forum and it seemed like shattering was just one way to play a mesmer and theres other ways of playing them

i mean i like the whole deception thing mesmers have,i just dont really wanna have to micro manage a bunch of clones and stuff
    That is there mechanic, so no not really.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say that they had completed the overhaul but it wasn't in time for the event?
    That is what I said no?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That is there mechanic, so no not really.

That is what I said no?
    Didn't you say they were planning an overhaul? I was pretty sure they said that they had completed the overhaul on like Thursday which was to late to put into BWE
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

an entire re-work is being implemented to make them viable, it just didn't make it to BWE2.
    tis what I said

I'm still wary of choosing mesmer as my main. A big reason I'm consdering this class is because it has the ability to be melee, which is only one of it's weapon sets. If some patch rolls around one of these days and makes the sword not viable, a lot of the fun I get in the class will be go poof.

This is what Jon Peters posted on the beta forums after BWE2 (on monday):

As this was the last profession we got in, you will notice it is probably still the roughest around the edges. We aren’t going to rework how the whole thing works, but you will see him get a lot smoother as we head towards release. This gives you a pretty big insight into our iterative process, but also requires mesmer players to be a bit more patient. The feedback in here has been great so keep it up and we will keep working on improving your profession.

Jon
    So they aren't doing a complete overhaul but they will change things around to smooth things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'm still wary of choosing mesmer as my main. A big reason I'm consdering this class is because it has the ability to be melee, which is only one of it's weapon sets. If some patch rolls around one of these days and makes the sword not viable, a lot of the fun I get in the class will be go poof.
    Hey, at least you still have it viable now. I'm still waiting for the tweaks that make dagger for necro viable.
    Anyways, after this BWE, I concluded that the elementalist is nothing for me, which means a slot came free and the mesmer is now up for it. But I probably don't immideatly sink myself into all the information, seeing how things will probably change(that's the vibe I get from this thread at least.).

Nice mesmer pvp video:

Here is article about it: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...paradigm-video

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Nice mesmer pvp video:
    <snip>

Here is article about it: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...paradigm-video
    Omg... finally a GOOD mesmer video!! Most mesmer videos are pretty awful (from what i've seen)!

Are mesmer clones any good at getting a mobs aggro?

Not remotely...every so often it happened to me, but 99% of the time not.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    What's with the purple experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    What's with the purple experience?
    That is the glory tracker. PvP currency. It tracks how far til next rank, though the ranks weren't accurate in BWE2 I don't think.

Happens occasionally, and they eat a melee swing and die. Usually when they're in melee, and you're not. When kiting, that's worth 2 1/2 seconds of waiting on other cooldowns to come back up, and kept me alive far more than people give credit.

Also, for a solo build (I pulled this off in Catacombs too) Decoy is overpowered in that regards. Sure it only eats one hit (unlike Defender), but by the time they tear through my clones or stealth falls off, I'm halfway to egypt and gearing up to go back in.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Happens occasionally, and they eat a melee swing and die. Usually when they're in melee, and you're not. When kiting, that's worth 2 1/2 seconds of waiting on other cooldowns to come back up, and kept me alive far more than people give credit.

Also, for a solo build (I pulled this off in Catacombs too) Decoy is overpowered in that regards. Sure it only eats one hit (unlike Defender), but by the time they tear through my clones or stealth falls off, I'm halfway to egypt and gearing up to go back in.
    Omg I love and DESPISE decoy... When I use it my god it's awesome! But when I go against it I fall for it like everytime, that is unless they pop it at low health and BEFORE they heal then I know it's a clone...

PS: not sure if it's been said or not but I can 100% confirm that summoning a clone will swap anyone whose targeting you to ANY nearby clone you have, it is NOT always the one you just summoned, and it will not make them target phantasms either.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post

PS: not sure if it's been said or not but I can 100% confirm that summoning a clone will swap anyone whose targeting you to ANY nearby clone you have, it is NOT always the one you just summoned, and it will not make them target phantasms either.
    Just players or mobs?

Just players or mobs?
    I want to say it worked on mobs as well, but i can't remember... i just know that when i was throwing winds of chaos at people i wasn't getting hit very often, if at all... i didn't use swords very much though so i can't be 100% sure that it was due to them swapping targets, and not just because i was running away and clones weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I want to say it worked on mobs as well, but i can't remember... i just know that when i was throwing winds of chaos at people i wasn't getting hit very often, if at all... i didn't use swords very much though so i can't be 100% sure that it was due to them swapping targets, and not just because i was running away and clones weren't.
    If you are talking about decoy, it is most likely they just re targeted from the stealth drop.

Also did they ever fix the bug where you would auto attack while using decoy? Breaking stealth instantly.

Couldn't tell you. Why would you have "auto-attack" enabled at all, at this point?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~