actually with what i was talkin about with the clone thing.i guess i never really looked at the traits for mesmers much recently but it seems like if you take stuff like compounding power in the illusions traitline and illusionary defense in chaos traitline you could probably play a mesmer without having to shatter or shatter much

guess its just somethin i never noticed or maybe they added some traits since the last i checked

K so that time again.

Apparently you can put "marks" on people in PvP. You put a mark on the mesmer and there goes any "distraction" you needed. Everytime Anet trys to add something kewl and nifty ends up shafting the mesmers.

Mesmer downed skills are HORRIBLE, the invisibility one was ok if you lasted that long... however this clone and move 2 cm next to it is pointless while rogues still have their OP stealth before finishing them can hit?

It seems clones draw aggro now though in PvE.

Cry of frustration is still useless, they said they would change it but didn't...

Block is still awful for scepter and offhand sword.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised with staff, and going melee with sword is a suicide.

The Mesmer is a squishy and I felt the tools we're given don't really compensate for that. Especially clones.

Oh, and about Decoy, I'd like if stealth lasted a bit longer.

It does seem like Mesmer is getting the shaft pretty hard lately. I've had decent success with Sword/Pistol + Staff, but not near as much as I would like. Putting points into Toughness and Vitality are big helpers for the melee lovers like myself. Greatsword was overnerfed, in my opinion, it's just not even fun anymore. Also, I found it much easier to leave the Illusions unshattered and use them for an oh-shit button, rather than damage dealing, which was underwhelming, even when traited into.

The class is fun and very creative, but they're certainly taking some very weird directions with it. It's not presenting much of an impact in pvp right now.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

I agree that GS was nerfed to hell. It feels slow, unresponsive, stuck in animations.

Currently in PvP, its stack toughness or go home. Mesmer is super squishy.

Now, i didn't play mes that much this beta (maybe an hour tops) but i thought the new downed skills were actually BETTER then last beta... and thief down skills go smashed in the face with the nerf hammer, now their teleport and stealth are 2 different skills, the teleport portion is available first, only having a 10sec CD, the stealth aspect is the 20 sec CD and as such wont be available unless you ignore them for a good portion...

PS: I confused quite a few people with, and got confused by the illusioned down thing quite often.... now if only it interrupted the "Finish Them" skill for those already in the process of casting it...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I guess the "big changes" were more of a negative effect overall then a positive.

Let's be fair though, the old thief downed skills were a slap in the face. You literally couldn't finish a downed thief unless they fucked up and ported too close to the player. They're still annoying but at least killable now. As someone who mostly plays a thief, I'd personally like to see the "teleport" skill completely removed and replaced, maybe with an interrupt like most other classes.

Now, with the mesmer, I'm sad to say but it's the only class currently in the game that I have absolutely no fun with in PVP. They're marking the player to avoid clone confusion, we're losing almost all interesting traits having to spec so hard into toughness, greatsword is an extremely innovative twist on what's normally a clunky melee weapon and instead they've punched it in the productive browneye.

Phantasm damage is terrible, staff abilities are decent but offer little to battle skilled melee. Such an interesting class that in my opinion doesn't deliver as expected. Just opinion.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mesmer downed skills are HORRIBLE, the invisibility one was ok if you lasted that long... however this clone and move 2 cm next to it is pointless while rogues still have their OP stealth before finishing them can hit?
    According to Larynx, Thieves don't still have that "OP" skill. They get a teleport, and a stealth, separately, with the stealth being #3, and not available very quickly.

Doesn't mean Mesmer's downed skills aren't horrible, of course.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I agree that GS was nerfed to hell. It feels slow, unresponsive, stuck in animations.

Currently in PvP, its stack toughness or go home. Mesmer is super squishy.
    It doesn't actually feel any slower than it did last BWE. Which is something I was reporting all along in BWE2
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    According to Larynx, Thieves don't still have that "OP" skill. They get a teleport, and a stealth, separately, with the stealth being #3, and not available very quickly.

Doesn't mean Mesmer's downed skills aren't horrible, of course.
    Theives can still teleport away (quite a distance) before stomp can finish. While other classes suffer and get nothing that can let them live a split second longer.

Now, with the mesmer, I'm sad to say but it's the only class currently in the game that I have absolutely no fun with in PVP. They're marking the player to avoid clone confusion, we're losing almost all interesting traits having to spec so hard into toughness
    I have to stack full toughness (6) set bonus, sigil, and trait in PvP to get the maximum toughness possible and I still get hit like im some glass cannon elementalist from BWE1 minus the damage. So its stack toughness and last 5 seconds or not and last 2... I don't see any other scholars getting hit as hard as a mesmer.

greatsword is an extremely innovative twist on what's normally a clunky melee weapon and instead they've punched it in the productive browneye.
    I thought greatsword was fine last BWE but they nerfed the speed more on attacks 1-3 so its just so slow, kiting is impossible.

It doesn't actually feel any slower than it did last BWE. Which is something I was reporting all along in BWE2
    It seemed the same to me with BWE1 and 2 but now, its slow.

Theives can still teleport away (quite a distance) before stomp can finish. While other classes suffer and get nothing that can let them live a split second longer.
    Actually.... every prof other then mes has a way to prevent it, warriors have hammer, guardians have AoE knockback, necros have fear, elem has mist form/earth hands (earth hands prevent them from even getting to you, mist form is self explanatory), thief has tele, ranger has an aoe daze, eng has a tow cable and an aoe explosive knockback if they're alive that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I think that mesmer could use either a survival boost or a damage boost.
    Had a lot of fun with clones though, fun to see people leaving everyone else in our team just to kill my clone, and people from my team trying to res my clone :P
    But I tried all professions and mesmer might be one of the weakest, unless there's are certain weapons and utility skills to have to gain complete controle of the opponents?
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I think that mesmer could use either a survival boost or a damage boost.
    Had a lot of fun with clones though, fun to see people leaving everyone else in our team just to kill my clone, and people from my team trying to res my clone :P
    But I tried all professions and mesmer might be one of the weakest, unless there's are certain weapons and utility skills to have to gain complete controle of the opponents?
    The targetting reticle has to go everytime we spawn a clone (or randomize which one of us it's on).

The blocks for Scepter and Offhand-Sword would be much better if they lasted the full two seconds rather than one hit. Only spawn one clone if hit of course, but having that lasting effect would be a huge benefit to the profession as a whole, and make something other than sword/pistol viable.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

While other classes suffer and get nothing that can let them live a split second longer.
    That's only because the finisher is broken OP and needs to be removed. Downed state in PvP could actually have strategic importance in that case, because THEN, people could actually cause a bit more havoc before going down, and actually have a chance at rallying.

Example: My Guardian can survive for LONGER than any Thief, simply because his #3 is an aoe-heal ground effect. But then the finisher comes along.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Gotta ask the Mesmers here did they buff the pistol phantasms damage? Every Mesmer I ran into using that (all of them) just wrecked me with the stuns + burst. Not QQing but I'm wondering if its a build or just high damage overall. Actually when I was playing my Mesmer the damage portion of them wasn't all that great besides the duelists.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Gotta ask the Mesmers here did they buff the pistol phantasms damage? Every Mesmer I ran into using that (all of them) just wrecked me with the stuns + burst. Not QQing but I'm wondering if its a build or just high damage overall. Actually when I was playing my Mesmer the damage portion of them wasn't all that great besides the duelists.
    They buffed the damage last BWE, it does like 4k damage every 6 seconds.
    The targetting reticle has to go everytime we spawn a clone (or randomize which one of us it's on).
    /agreed its not hard to follow a mesmer, even if you stealth all you are looking for is the one appearing out of nowhere... Clones really are only confusing to people who just jump in a fight but even then the slightest movement gives us away.

They buffed the damage last BWE, it does like 4k damage every 6 seconds.
    Ah ok. because the stun + burst honestly made pistol Mesmer the most dangerous profession to fight against for all my characters this weekend. Wasn't as devastating when I expected it/ got used to it but the first time I was a little shocked.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

I didn't play Mesmer much, but my one foray showed me that my Scepter clones basically spawn in melee range of my enemy. Didn't spend enough time to look at other weapons, as I made the character primarily to explore personal story options to see if I liked them for certain characters, or not.

Becomes incredibly obvious which is real, even without a reticule.

I am still of the opinion that we should have the ability to randomly swap with our clones with one of our profession skills. Or maybe have the random-swapping built into the clone-spawning, but controlled swapping would be more tactically useful in pvp.

I was disappointed with Mesmer. Clones felt really clunky. It was enough to change my perspective main.