Yea at this point, cry of frustration shatter should just be "shatter reality" - You bend reality to your will, swapping places with one of your current clones.

I mean the passive trait already gives each shatter a stack of confusion so....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    I was disappointed with Mesmer. Clones felt really clunky. It was enough to change my perspective main.
    LMAO, perspective?
    Last edited by ganglord; 2012-07-23 at 07:02 PM.

K so I did not see this bad boy...

Mirror of anguish:

"When disabled, it copies the effect back to the attacker"

So if the foe stuns you, he also gets stun, if you get feared so does he, if you get knockbacked so does he.

How the f did I miss this? Of course its a 90 sec icd...

/sigh

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 07:46 PM ----------

Also here is my build I have been working on:

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...0.0.20.20.30.0

This is a crit (precision) build trying to get the most crits possible and having conditions like bleeds proc off crits, I threw in a life steal sigil for survivability with the staff since it will be my primary defensive move and a freeze sigil with my pistol, I need to know if illusions proc sigils and if offhand sigils proc off mainhand.

I am debating keeping the last 10 points in inspiration. I wanted more surv with my traits and looking at the minor traits in inspiration I said "wow they look good for this build" and then I saw the major traits and was like bleh... so I switched up my minor abilities for glamour ones.

What I need to know is if null field is constantly pulsing or is it whenever someone enters the area? and If mirror feedback works the opposite way? I know it stops projectiles from exiting the bubble but what about entering?
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-23 at 07:46 PM.

I didn't do a whole lot of WvW in this BWE and I didn't do any with a Mesmer but rather with an Engi and Thief. Last BWE I did a lot of WvW with the Mesmer exclusively. A couple of conclusions I've drawn after my two BWE experiences:

1) Mesmers damage is really subpar. I was hitting for 500 a pop with the Thief's auto-attack with a shortbow and I don't recall any Mesmer weapon hitting that hard. There was even more disparity in the other skills. The Engineer was a little closer in damage output but still better. The only weapon I could break 1000 on with the Mesmer was the greatsword and now people are saying it's been nerfed.

2) Mesmers are fairly useless in sieges regardless of whether you are attacking or defending. Just not enough AE available to them and AE is huge for area denial in siege situations. Chaos Storm is a nice AE but it has too long a recast to use very often. The Thief with a shortbow has an auto-attack that hits 3 targets, a poison AE and an explosive AE. The Engineer has an insane amount of AE available to them.

I felt like the Mesmer was pretty good in 1v1s or small skirmishes because their utility in many ways made up for their lack of damage output. In large fights though, they were much less effective. Clones are too soft to make a decent diversion because they die in 1 or 2 hits. Phantasm damage is far too weak considering they are one of your primary methods to deal damage. Shatters? Hell, your weaksauce clones won't even make it to the target to shatter in most cases. If your target is retreating behind their buddies, someones going to kill them before they get to the target.

What would I suggest to improve the profession? First thing I would do is make illusions and phantasms immune to damage once you use a shatter skill. I don't think that would be overpowered (in WvW) because they don't do that much damage even when they make it to the target. I realize that sPvP is different and that invulnerable illusions might be OP in that situation so an acceptable alternative would be that once you hit a shatter skill, if one of your illusions is then killed, it triggers the shatter effect right then and there. A third alternative would be to make the illusions move at greatly increased speed once commanded to shatter.

I also think the illusions should be able to go up onto battlements (or down from them as the case may be.) They are illusions ffs and shouldn't be bound by constraints that corporeal beings are. Being able to send illusions up to shatter on a battlement would make the Mesmer much more useful in siege situations.

As it stands right now, I'm leaning hard toward playing a Thief or Engineer for a main. That's a bit of a shame because the Mesmer is what I really want to play but as someone that does mostly WvW, the one thing I really hate is standing around holding my johnson because I can't really do anything else.
    Last edited by Osprey39; 2012-07-24 at 01:42 AM.

Team Paradigm Mesmer Tournament Commentary

Doubt this is a tournament game. Montage with music.

In the right hands, I have yet to see a profession be bad.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-07-24 at 02:24 AM.
    WoD updated Disc Priest Guide http://i.imgur.com/eOlZz9N.png

I can definitely see where they would be much better in sPvP than WvW. I only played part of one game of sPvP while I waited for the WvW queue but even in that short time I could see it was a totally different game. Much closer confines, no zerg or guards to run to if a fight is going poorly for you. I can see where the Mesmer would work well there.

WvW is a different story though. Relatively low damage and a lack of AE make it hard to get kills. I think if I were to play a Mesmer heavily in WvW, I would go for more of a support build. I will say this for the Mesmer in WvW. It's pretty easy to give a group of people chasing you the slip with your plethora of invisibility skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Team Paradigm Mesmer Tournament Commentary

Doubt this is a tournament game. Montage with music.

In the right hands, I have yet to see a profession be bad.
    Stacking power and going sword/pistol staff was the fotm build that everyone used.

Point is not enough builds are practical.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Stacking power and going sword/pistol staff was the fotm build that everyone used.

I'm just pointing out that, along with Engineers, Mesmers are not as terrible and bad as people might like to think. Limited builds does not equal non-viable or underpowered. It equals poor design.

Thieves are probably worse off than either mesmers or engineers, yet I see little complaints about them on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Thieves are probably worse off than either mesmers or engineers, yet I see little complaints about them on here.
    I guess thieves aren't very much interested in a mesmer discussion thread :P
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I guess thieves aren't very much interested in a mesmer discussion thread :P
    On this forum*

I've seen a few mesmers that went very defensively and did well... i didn't really play around with mesmer this BWE though so i can't really confirm whether or not my build still works =(
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I've seen a few mesmers that went very defensively and did well... i didn't really play around with mesmer this BWE though so i can't really confirm whether or not my build still works =(
    Ignoring toughness is probably the way to go atm and going with vitality for a surv stat. The impact on toughness seems to be less than what it was BWE2 (which is what I did) and I really feel no difference between 1k toughness and 2k in BWE3.

The mirror heal is awful unless you stack healing power because it has a lower heal amount than empathy (and empathy has lower cd and is increased by illusions) and the reflect is only 1 second.

It would be easier just to kite around a pillar with mantra of recovery stacking healing power than use mirror.

Portals is also lackluster, from when they first described them it sounded like some awesome transfer system. However it last for 20 seconds or till 2 people enter now and 1 of those 2 people will probably be you.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-24 at 01:36 PM.

Ignoring toughness is probably the way to go atm and going with vitality for a surv stat. The impact on toughness seems to be less than what it was BWE2 (which is what I did) and I really feel no difference between 1k toughness and 2k in BWE3.

The mirror heal is awful unless you stack healing power because it has a lower heal amount than empathy (and empathy has lower cd and is increased by illusions) and the reflect is only 1 second.

It would be easier just to kite around a pillar with mantra of recovery stacking healing power than use mirror.

Portals is also lackluster, from when they first described them it sounded like some awesome transfer system. However it last for 20 seconds or till 2 people enter now and 1 of those 2 people will probably be you.
    Wow... portals got hit with the ban hammer, it used to be it worked for 20 seconds or until the mesmer left the area... i remember pulling what my wow friends kept refering to as a "Jana Proudmore" where i would teleport my whole team into a conflicted capture point by putting a portal at say the bottom of clock tower, they all stand on it, then drop it in the capture point and yell "SURPRISE!!"

And are you sure Mirror doesn't reflect during the cast time? I was -told- it reflected during the cast time and then 1 second AFTER the heal, once again i didn't test it, -when- i played mesmer it was empathy since that really fit my play style more...

PS: For toughness i just had a lot of it due to going 30pts into Chaos
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

With my "build" i could easily solo 3 players and survive 5 long enough for my team mates to take the 2 other control points, i used Sword/Focus and Greatsword.

Healing, only Ether Feast seems good for anything really.

Utility, our utilities is god damn insane, in a good way, we can manipulate so much with people, + shattering with the right build can save you, put pressure or anything really.

Mesmers are in a good spot, both on the weapon and utility account, the Moa elite in sPvP is very good too.

Portals are very very good in dungeons and WvWvW, it's not that good in sPvP.

Well this is the build i used for all 3 pvp matches i did, so i can't really say whether or not it works either REALLY REALLY well like my ranger build, or if i just happened to get lucky in those 3 parings like i did with my engs first 2 games or so lol.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/mes...4|2228|0|6|10|

as for the runes.... i forget what they're called i THINK it was undead... but i'd need to check that...

Finally got around to dedicating a lot of time on the Mesmer profession. Had mixed feelings about it initially but really grew into the illusion use and especially the sword and greatsword. Nice trickster class. Here's a spotlight I made for those interested.

Do wish they'd have a bit more in terms of melee weaponry though (Like daggers), but hey.

I think that was an extremely well done video, and i think it covered what the mesmer is and what they're capable of VERY VERY well

I'm assuming mirrored feedback reflects projectiles outside the bubble too and not just inside?

Also my new build critique!

The focus is getting those crits to stack bleeds from my sigil, not sure how well it would do though. I went double bleed sigil for 100% bleed on crit and trying to stack bleeds as high as possible.

I'm not sure how much damage the bleeds would do though but since bleeds are not effected by armor....
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-25 at 12:33 AM.

I'm assuming mirrored feedback reflects projectiles outside the bubble too and not just inside?

Also my new build critique!

The focus is getting those crits to stack bleeds from my sigil, not sure how well it would do though. I went double bleed sigil for 100% bleed on crit and trying to stack bleeds as high as possible.

I'm not sure how much damage the bleeds would do though but since bleeds are not effected by armor....
    you are correct good sir and/or madam! And since when is the phantasamal fury in the duelist tree O.o? that'd explain why i couldn't find it for one of my builds earlier xD

EDIT: I forgot to mentiont hat Mirrored feedback places it AROUND your target, so you don't actually place it yourself it'll just fly up around your foe, not sure what happens if you have no target though never tried...
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-07-25 at 12:50 AM.

I forgot to mentiont hat Mirrored feedback places it AROUND your target, so you don't actually place it yourself it'll just fly up around your foe, not sure what happens if you have no target though never tried...
    I know it places the bubble on the foe and it reflects attacks from going out, but what about in was I wondering.

A good combo would to pop feedback using staff or GS and get inside the bubble when the foe leaves.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-25 at 12:59 AM.