1. #1201
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    The real problem is how long it takes for your clone to actually appear. Or maybe that was just lag.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  2. #1202
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The real problem is how long it takes for your clone to actually appear. Or maybe that was just lag.
    no, with all weapons but the staff it takes forever... they need more clone spawns like the staff... those were fast as hell and actually stumped the enemies if you pulled it off right, everything else was like "Lawlz like take 5 seconds to spawn a clone and during that time you can't do shitz!! TROLOLOLOLO!"
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  3. #1203
    I tried sword/pistol build yesterday and the damage was noticable better. Tricky play though, not used to being melee and being melee still needs a lot of kiting since they are still squishy and cant really take hits from other melee. Kiting with using clones is a bit tricky but it's a fun kind of gamestyle. However, being in melee should boost your survival a little bit or is it a way to boost it with traits?
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  4. #1204
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I tried sword/pistol build yesterday and the damage was noticable better. Tricky play though, not used to being melee and being melee still needs a lot of kiting since they are still squishy and cant really take hits from other melee. Kiting with using clones is a bit tricky but it's a fun kind of gamestyle. However, being in melee should boost your survival a little bit or is it a way to boost it with traits?
    You boost with traits if you can afford it, or more likely your rune-choice on your gear, but you generally need to be playing at the top of your game to pull it off.

    But trust me, the "cant take hits from other melee", a thief, Rangers, heck even Guardians don't want to take Hundred Blades to the face.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  5. #1205
    I may be remembering wrong but it seemed to me that clones were dying even quicker in this stress test than they did last BWE. Anyone else notice?

  6. #1206
    all mesmers gone last stress test i saw just a few mesmer while pvpin all the test.

  7. #1207
    I updated the confusion build:

    http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...4.20.15.5.0.30

    I realize that in scepter I won't be using attack 1 at all. Only reason to use scepter is for the confusion and block. Why? Because scepters attack 1 is not a condition anymore (use to apply confusion), its powered by power.

    So staff will be your main attack and I went and got deceptive evasion for the clones scepter should of brought. I found myself wanting a shatter without a clone mainly because they got killed or I just didn't have one.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-03 at 02:17 PM.

  8. #1208
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I updated the confusion build:

    http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...4.20.15.5.0.30

    I realize that in scepter I won't be using attack 1 at all. Only reason to use scepter is for the confusion and block. Why? Because scepters attack 1 is not a condition anymore (use to apply confusion), its powered by power.

    So staff will be your main attack and I went and got deceptive evasion for the clones scepter should of brought. I found myself wanting a shatter without a clone mainly because they got killed or I just didn't have one.
    Your HP and toughness are abysmal... You need to fix that if you want to use that in pvp ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  9. #1209
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I updated the confusion build:

    http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul...4.20.15.5.0.30

    I realize that in scepter I won't be using attack 1 at all. Only reason to use scepter is for the confusion and block. Why? Because scepters attack 1 is not a condition anymore (use to apply confusion), its powered by power.

    So staff will be your main attack and I went and got deceptive evasion for the clones scepter should of brought. I found myself wanting a shatter without a clone mainly because they got killed or I just didn't have one.
    The third hit applies Confusion and summons an Illusion, unless that wasn't the case last BWE/stress test. Illusions do no damage, but can apply conditions, and can be shattered to apply more confusion (2 stacks per illusion, if you use Cry, I think). Two of your Shatters are also useful for defensive purposes.

    Kinda silly to pass that up. :P
    Not saying to prioritize your #1, but don't discount it.
    Obviously your build doesn't support what I'm talking about, but you built the way you did because you were trying to avoid the Scepter #1.


    The problem I personally have is that it's possible to use Shatters whether or not you have clones, so sometimes I'd push it a millisecond after clones would die, and it would be wasted.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-03 at 05:45 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  10. #1210
    Drake, the third scepter hit spawns a clone that does no damage (in melee range), and the only condition it applies is the traited "on crit, free bleed". But the attack chain of the scepter hasn't done Confusion since BWE1. It does ultra weak damage compared to pretty much any other weapon choice, and is very fast to overwrite your phantasms for no real gain. It's not hard to see why anyone would want to "pass that up", if you will.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  11. #1211
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Drake, the third scepter hit spawns a clone that does no damage (in melee range), and the only condition it applies is the traited "on crit, free bleed". But the attack chain of the scepter hasn't done Confusion since BWE1. It does ultra weak damage compared to pretty much any other weapon choice, and is very fast to overwrite your phantasms for no real gain. It's not hard to see why anyone would want to "pass that up", if you will.
    actually... the third hit DOES put 2 stacks of confusion on them... it did in the stress test and every beta after they removed the confusion on the first 2 hits...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  12. #1212
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    actually... the third hit DOES put 2 stacks of confusion on them... it did in the stress test and every beta after they removed the confusion on the first 2 hits...
    Oh good, so I'm not crazy.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  13. #1213
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Oh good, so I'm not crazy.
    not this time no lol
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  14. #1214
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    I wasn't aware that it was 2 stacks of Confusion, however. Nothing to sneeze at, imo. Could be fun to time a Cry of Frustration traited with Illusionary Retrbution and Confusing Cry at just the right time.

    Also: After seeing that Mantra of Pain no longer sucks, I've been tempted to try out a Mantra-based build on release. :O!

    I bet I could find ways to get away with re-charging Mantras mid-battle, without being interrupted, if I really try.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 02:35 PM ----------

    I wonder what Empowered Illusions will become on live. Mantra Mastery, as well, since Mantras don't have a CD.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-03 at 07:46 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  15. #1215
    whats the max confusion stacks? 25 like other boons/condition? That would be a bit crazy I think.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

  16. #1216
    Hmm a mantra build sounds rather fun. Could create some powerful spikes I likey.

  17. #1217
    I wasn't aware that it was 2 stacks of Confusion, however. Nothing to sneeze at, imo.
    It's a double edge sword.

    You get 2 stacks of confusion yes however you have to go threw 3 attacks to get them. Not to mention confusion scales with condition damage and not power. So if you are stacking condition damage like me for confusion its pointless to use scepter attack 1 over staff because those 3 attacks will do crap damage and it doesn't make up for the 2 stacks of confusion.

    Its good for initial confusion burst but after its back to staff for me.

    Your HP and toughness are abysmal... You need to fix that if you want to use that in pvp ever...
    To get 18k hp I need to drop 1k toughness. I maxed out toughness and condition damage for the most reduced damage and the most condition damage.

    Don't know what you want me to do.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-04 at 12:34 AM.

  18. #1218
    Zito, I've seen some zero vitality builds work for PvP, even without being glass cannons. I believe in you. :3
    WoD updated Disc Priest Guide http://i.imgur.com/eOlZz9N.png

  19. #1219
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Zito, I've seen some zero vitality builds work for PvP, even without being glass cannons. I believe in you. :3
    That's the intention of toughness, to have low vitality to reduce the most damage possible. I fought a warrior during the stress test. All he did was kite around a rock for his cd's. However his burst with my 2k toughness got me down to 3k hp in 3 seconds if I did not time my defensive cd's right.

    and without his burst he would still hit me for 2kish.

    So I don't see how some of you are "tankin" as a mesmer, you must be fighting bads.

  20. #1220
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's a double edge sword.

    You get 2 stacks of confusion yes however you have to go threw 3 attacks to get them. Not to mention confusion scales with condition damage and not power. So if you are stacking condition damage like me for confusion its pointless to use scepter attack 1 over staff because those 3 attacks will do crap damage and it doesn't make up for the 2 stacks of confusion.
    Not necessarily, considering the Staff is not guaranteed to apply damaging conditions (thus the damage it applies is extremely variable even with a heavy Malice build), and it won't automatically summon Illusions which you can shatter to cause Confusion (with the right minor trait) or leave up to cause Bleeding (with the right major trait). The Staff's illusion summoning is slow and primarily requires you to use your defensive skill.
    It's also worth noting that Power is what improves the damage of your Phantasmal Warlock, not Malice (though Expertise increases it indirectly).

    I'm also not sure of this as I haven't played extensively enough, but doesn't the Staff #1 bounce between multiple enemies? It's an advantage when you want to cause widespread damage to be sure, but not when you want to focus on a single target.

    It all depends on build of course - not saying you can't build the way you are, I'm just saying that you shouldn't discount it just because you want a condition-damage build.

    Auto attack until your third Illusion, which would apply 2 stacks of Confusion (doubt the first 4 would still be there), unleash your Scepter #3 for 5 more stacks, blow Cry of Frustration for 6 stacks (minor trait + Cry = 2 stacks per illusion, right?), unless you also traited for the Shatter effect to come from you which makes 8 stacks.
    That's 13 to 15 stacks of Confusion, though some of them will fall off sooner than others.

    You can't really maintain those high stacks easily, but you can periodically push your condition damage up really high. Admittedly, such a set-up would only work well for players too stupid to let it happen.


    Random aside: didn't hear your thoughts on my Mantra-focused build concept, btw. It's got plenty of Daze and Vulnerability and Cripple. It's not exactly defensively-focused, but you could easily stack Power and Vitality and probably make do! Those last 10 points in Chaos could easily be put into Inspiration or Illusions instead, depending on what ends up working out better.
    This build really punishes people for killing my Illusions, but I think those kind of traits activate on Shatters too, right?
    If not, they should. >(

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 10:20 PM ----------

    I'm actually starting to question if the third Scepter hit still applies Confusion or not. The wiki says that it erroneously states it, even though the tooltips for the first and second hits no longer state it. You think they would be consistent enough to fix all three tooltips, if they fixed two of them.
    Even without that though, it's only 2 stacks of Confusion... the aforementioned setup would still get you to 11-13 stacks (though this still assumes that the minor trait applies one stack per illusion instead of per shatter).
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-04 at 03:21 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •