Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Which continues to lead me to believe that this needs to be a baseline profession skill, instead of part of just that one clone summon.

For the record, if you leap at me like that, I'm just going to pull out a Greatsword and hit both of you.

Doesn't really matter when all of your reflections all perform the exact same move, completely separate from what you're doing.

But you saying that makes me think: what if clones mimicked your skill usage, instead of just auto attacking?

Why should we have to act like clones when they're supposed to be acting like us?!

If ANet makes that change, I can be perfectly happy without clone-swapping as a baseline skill.
    We act like the clones because making them act like us would be more difficult... and idk what you're talking about with the whole it should be included... most the clone spawning moves do cause you to vanish when a clone is made, the only exceptions are the ones that spawn a clone away from you (IE scepter auto attack, or great sword 2).

And what do you mean by the whole greatsword thing? That has nothing to do with whether or not the clone was fooling you, you were forced to switch to aoe to deal with me and my clone, if i even decided to be the one to leap in...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Lol @ people on guru complaining MoR healing was nerfed to 2.7k claiming it was 3.2k before.

It's 3.2k with healing power

Just finished doing around 5 spvp rounds with this build. What do you guys think about it?

It's supposed to be a tank-y/condition build and I was really damn surprised when I actually tried it because it was pretty damn effective. I was almost immortal 1v1 and could survive for quite a bit 1v3 with smart use of immunities and CCs. I also had a good amount of CC and group utility. The damage is okay and it obviously lacks burst (the only "burst" being your phantasms, especially 3xiDuelist + sharper images) but I could still kill people with nice use of interrupts.

I finished first spot on the ladder all 5 times (which means nothing when you play with pugs and on the first day of release where people are still learning, but still!) and I only died once against a thief who brought me to 0 hp in around 4 seconds...

But I didn't post to brag, just to ask for opinions!!

When the servers will be back up I'll try changing the rabid amulet to a carrion one and see if it's better. The 15k hp are a bit worrying even though I didn't have much issues survivability-wise.
    I'm also not sure if the undead rune and chaotic transference stack... but I'm guessing they should and if they don't it's a bug...

Also, anyone have any tips in terms of weapon sigils?

i want to post my build so i can get some help on it... but i have to post more to post links
    Anyone got any good illusion builds?

So about those Scepter and offhand sword blocks. They kinda hurt.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So about those Scepter and offhand sword blocks. They kinda hurt.
    I was able to succesfully block one of those guardian stomp thingys that break the ground.

I went

YEAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOO.

Then I missed the next one and went fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I was able to succesfully block one of those guardian stomp thingys that break the ground.

I went

YEAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOO.

Then I missed the next one and went fuck.
    It's a great, great feeling. Moderate/short cooldown, now they actually do damage (scales with Power) when you block (rather than just yawnclone), punishing them and rewarding you. Higher Skillcap, ability to actually play defensively? Fuck yeah.

So can anyone tell me if the Offhand Sword's block is reduced by the -sword cooldown trait? Because I think that's going to have a huge effect on my build.

That said, I'd do it myself but... work.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-25 at 03:42 PM.

Mesmer always looked boring to me. Decided to try one anyway... I'm in love.

Pvp is godlike with staff /sceptre combo.

So can anyone tell me if the Offhand Sword's block is reduced by the -sword cooldown trait? Because I think that's going to have a huge effect on my build.

I can confirm that if it says reduces CD on sword, it means both main and off hand, so if you have that tait you'll have a reduced CD on it (same with the block on scepter if you have the scepter trait)
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

So I made a scepter/focus, sword/pistol build.

And warden is AMAZING. It saved my but a lot, infact I killed 2 rangers just using wardens reflect because they were too stupid to notice they were hitting themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So I made a scepter/focus, sword/pistol build.

And warden is AMAZING. It saved my but a lot, infact I killed 2 rangers just using wardens reflect because they were too stupid to notice they were hitting themselves.

The vast majority of the player base (even in tPvP) don't seem to realize when they're hurting themselves (it's fairly subtle)

What kind of build is that? scepter and offhand sword, what's the secondary weapon to use?
    Last edited by Tea; 2012-08-26 at 07:38 AM.
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    What kind of build is that? scepter and offhand sword, what's the secondary weapon to use?
    Nah, Sword, offhand sword. Blurred Frenzy and the block both dropping cooldown by 20% off one trait is pretty significant.

Secondary weapon's the staff for Chaos Storm/Armor. Not sure I want to try sPvP with it just yet, but we'll see soon enough.

Anyone able to explain 'confusion' to me? I've searched the interwebz and I can't find a good guide on it. I hear it makes any player affected take damage every time they cast a skill?

Anyone got any precise info on it (such as builds, weapon sets, how viable the damage is and what it exactly does?!)

In the mean time here is a picture of my Mesmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    We act like the clones because making them act like us would be more difficult...
    I fully disagree with this statement. If I push the Mirror Blade skill on my Greatsword, it's not that difficult for pushing that button to also command all nearby clones to use the skill, except their versions of the skill don't actually do anything - no damage, no booning, no clone generation.

Admittedly, it could take some time to set up such behavior, as they likely have nothing in place for that sort of interaction, but it's definitely not impossible to do.

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    And what do you mean by the whole greatsword thing? That has nothing to do with whether or not the clone was fooling you, you were forced to switch to aoe to deal with me and my clone, if i even decided to be the one to leap in...
    If only one of you leaps in, I know it's not the real you. Because the clone you spawn when wielding Sword/X will be a melee clone and won't stay away from me. If you both leap in, there's a chance I aim at the wrong one (yes, I could just go "Oh, the first one that leaped in is always the illusion, so the moment I'm immobilized, I know that's actually him" but that takes more work), so I should be sure to pull out a melee weapon that can just hit you both. Your clone will die in like two melee swings, and you'll be left alone without the ability to shatter. Not to mention lacking any other form of support that clones give, like "3% more damage for each clone" traits, and causing conditions (outside of conditions caused on death, which is the only real drawback to this, but it's better than letting you shatter).
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-27 at 08:51 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give into your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I fully disagree with this statement. If I push the Mirror Blade skill on my Greatsword, it's not that difficult for pushing that button to also command all nearby clones to use the skill, except their versions of the skill don't actually do anything - no damage, no booning, no clone generation.

Admittedly, it could take some time to set up such behavior, as they likely have nothing in place for that sort of interaction, but it's definitely not impossible to do.
    It'd be weird to clone them to do an attack but no booning, when their attacks already do booning/conditions from the getgo (Illusionary Leap does Vulnerability stacks, Staff clones do debuffs). Possible, yes, but it'd be weird weird coding.

Edit: But scepter clones still do no debuffs (outside of crit/bleed traits). No "Confusion" at all
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-27 at 08:21 PM.

It'd be weird to clone them to do an attack but no booning, when their attacks already do booning/conditions from the getgo (Illusionary Leap does Vulnerability stacks, Staff clones do debuffs). Possible, yes, but it'd be weird weird coding.
    *shrugs* Well I have no idea what effects would be too OP to allow from the clones or not. I just very adamantly believe that clones should act like you, not the other way around. They're clones of you. You're not clones of them. I personally would love it if more clones meant every skill being more effective simply by virtue of your clones mimicking your skills, because then clones would feel more useful to me - but we'd also rely on them more, and the balance of the game would have to take that into consideration.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-27 at 08:52 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give into your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Gotta say I am enjoying mesmer immensely! It was a last minute switch from necro but I just love the concept so much - I'm glad I did. I've tinkered around with most of the weapon skills but I keep going back to staff to open and then something else to follow up (usually greatsword or x/pistol (whichever is more upgraded)).

I've been spending today running spvp with this build; http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fgEQ...rUOpkStKYEy8DA

The idea was mostly aiming for support roles. just staying alive a long time spreading glamours, but It has actually turned out pretty Godly and I never feel like I don't have enough damage either. Are mesmers just in a very good place right now?