Page 95 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I want a 5 spec like rift.
    I just don't like the fairly steep fee anytime I want to try a new trait build. I know we're not supposed to go all willy nilly with it, but some traits just kind of blow for certain set ups.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I want a 5 spec like rift.
    Several threads in the suggestions forum have been asking for multiple specs to swap between outside of combat.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Several threads in the suggestions forum have been asking for multiple specs to swap between outside of combat.
    I hope it happens. And on the topic of scepter, still not preforming how I wanted it to, switched back to staff with sword/sword.

would definitely love having another spec to switch to. still hoping for dueling at some point as well.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)
    Do you play TF2?Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044950748

I miss the fear in chaos storm . I guess it's been a long time since BWE1. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenn View Post
    I miss the fear in chaos storm . I guess it's been a long time since BWE1. Haha.
    Wasn't it there during BWE2 and 3 also? I thought it got removed like RIGHT BEFORE launch.... btw i think they replaced it with a 2 second daze, so i'm kinda not disappointed about it (if it has the daze) because it means that they wont be feared out of my storm of chaos....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Yes, chaos storm has daze, but if memory serves I think it's 1second, not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Yes, chaos storm has daze, but if memory serves I think it's 1second, not sure
    Just checked wiki and it is infact 1 second, kinda wish it was 2 seconds, but ya get what ya get!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Just checked wiki and it is infact 1 second, kinda wish it was 2 seconds, but ya get what ya get!!
    Afaik, Winds of chaos (staff 1 skill) has a daze attached to it for enemies.

So I finally found the niche for scepter builds. After a ton of group stuff with single target bosses, that's where it shines, using staff as the other weapon. It's pretty much a sheer debuff build (might work as a support build in dungeons), but it works pretty well. It with glamour skills, and switching between focus/torch gives some heavy support. Now only if the regen mechanic didn't suck so much, it could really be support.

Is there items that come with +crit dmg with out having to rune for it?

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Is there items that come with +crit dmg with out having to rune for it?
    yeah i've seen some with crit damage on them
    Do you play TF2?Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044950748

Hey any chance one of you guys can go through my build and tell me what i should tweak I'm going for heavy clone/phantasm build.
    http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...lbM9MfxpmVmbca

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I hope it happens.
    I hope it doesn't. In fact I've been part of several counter threads on the official forum outright requesting that such functions never be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I hope it doesn't. In fact I've been part of several counter threads on the official forum outright requesting that such functions never be added.
    i don't see any downsides big enough to not want it added

There's absolutely no reason to not have it.

Just because you want to be a special "It's not WoW!"-snowflake is not reason enough to have this useful feature.
    Mastery will fix it.

Not to bash you, but is there any game breaking reason why we can't switch our traits out of combat? It's already expensive as all hell to retrait, and even single weapon switches can make an entire set up useless. That's my reasoning for it. It could even just be 2 sets of it, but with all the switching we can already do, why not traits?

Hey any chance one of you guys can go through my build and tell me what i should tweak I'm going for heavy clone/phantasm build.
    http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...lbM9MfxpmVmbca
    Looks fine to me solid. I don't know if scepter is the weapon to go, I would prefer sword, or even greatsword especially since you don't have 20 points in chaos, where those weapons do better. But I also have to ask, are you using the "bomb" style we were talking about, (where you get up to three and shatter) or are you leaving them out to do their thing? Hope this helps
    Last edited by Fenlnir; 2012-09-16 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Edited for solidsheep question.

I don't see any reason not to include it, considering the design of dungeons in this game suggests that it's intended for us to frequently swap around our weapons and utilities in order to better handle the mechanics of an upcoming fight. And yet our only option in regards to doing that with traits is to just switch to different major traits, without being able to rearrange where the points are spent. Which means, frequently, people will be forced to go into encounters with builds that are simply not ideal.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Not to bash you, but is there any game breaking reason why we can't switch our traits out of combat?
    It's one of those things that people have an irrational knee-jerk response toward. When WoW talked about dual spec, people flipped tables and said it'd kill the game. Then when tri-spec was brought up...that was going to kill the game too.

I dunno what it is, but people just react to this issue in really weird ways.

i mean i feel like spec switching fits in with the game design. not to mention that while leveling, it'd be nice to have other ones to switch to so that way you could mess around with other weapon types without gimping yourself because your other spec doesn't support those other weapons

Not to mention that some weapons have nothing to do with some traits.