The Prestige: This skill now requires full recharge if it’s interrupted at any time.

Patch notes from last night.
    NOOOOOOOOOO :<

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    The Prestige: This skill now requires full recharge if it’s interrupted at any time.

Patch notes from last night.
    NOOOOOOOOOO :<
    That was coming, it was OP and stupid. It was all I see mesmers running with. On a side note the trait that removes conditions with torch skills is pretty useless, The full duration has to go off and it only removes 1 condition.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I don't see any reason not to include it, considering the design of dungeons in this game suggests that it's intended for us to frequently swap around our weapons and utilities in order to better handle the mechanics of an upcoming fight. And yet our only option in regards to doing that with traits is to just switch to different major traits, without being able to rearrange where the points are spent. Which means, frequently, people will be forced to go into encounters with builds that are simply not ideal.
    Going into a fight without full trait backing isn't supposed to be crippling like in wow

I have to go against dredge and hylek with a blind/ poison heavy build but you don't see me bitching. Major trait swaps are plenty fine
    There's a huge difference between dual spec and saving builds
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

@ZITO
    Hey any chance you can help me out with a build that does good burst but still can bring utility to a group. I'm kinda looking for a greatsword/staff combo with lots clones to shatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    Going into a fight without full trait backing isn't supposed to be crippling like in wow

I have to go against dredge and hylek with a blind/ poison heavy build but you don't see me bitching. Major trait swaps are plenty fine
    There's a huge difference between dual spec and saving builds
    you still don't make a point for why NOT to have it added
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)
    Do you play TF2?Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044950748

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    @ZITO
    Hey any chance you can help me out with a build that does good burst but still can bring utility to a group. I'm kinda looking for a greatsword/staff combo with lots clones to shatter.
    There's one from a few pages back that Zito posted.

Also, I took a day of not playing my mesmer (Borderlands 2 helped that) and played her this morning, and I think I just got burnt out on her. Everything feels pretty good again, except for shatters.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    you still don't make a point for why NOT to have it added
    you must be new to these forums
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

@ZITO
    Greatsword staff has no burst, they have damage that will build up over time but burst is sword and scepters death ray. I'll make you a glass cannon shatter build.

I like my greatsword/sword+pistol combo. Perfect for pvp coupled with blink and stealth, arcane thievery and moa transform.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Greatsword staff has no burst, they have damage that will build up over time but burst is sword and scepters death ray. I'll make you a glass cannon shatter build.
    Cant wait to see thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    you must be new to these forums
    looks like i've been here a year longer than you, and once again i don't see your point.
    Do you play TF2?Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044950748

Cant wait to see thanks.
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fgEQ...ymkLJZSLKGVMpA

Pretty straight forward, I don't really need to explain. Runes and utility skills you can switch up except the mantras.

How much damage does the phantasmal warden do? Right now I use dual sword/scepter pistol for some insane phantasm damage however the lack of swiftness is really killing me when I swap to swords.

I've been playing this build in pve and wvw on my mesmer since the game came out, works very well for me. And no traits specific to any weapons or utility skills allows you to switch those when needed.
    Wvw version:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fgUQNAR8dlwzipXVTkGbdJh5D9+kCqrcUFwOpCqu8BcD

Pve version:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fgUQBVCPLoeVNHak1lEmP07TKouyRVA7kKo6yHwNA
    Last edited by Elekial; 2012-09-19 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    How much damage does the phantasmal warden do? Right now I use dual sword/scepter pistol for some insane phantasm damage however the lack of swiftness is really killing me when I swap to swords.
    Iwarden does the most damage if the target stays still.

Kinda bad for pvp then I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Kinda bad for pvp then I guess
    No because it reflects range attacks by default. You ever see a range reflect his stupid longbow barrage thing that hits for 2k a hit and does like 16k damage?

Yea... its a pretty glorious site.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-09-19 at 01:30 AM.

While this doesn't quite have anything to do with actual mesmer gameplay, I wish mesmers could use shortbows. What would better complement the Mesmer Butterflies of Death than shooting rainbows in people's faces? Yes I would grind my ass off to get the legendary shortbow if mesmers could use it, just to have rainbow pew pew lazors to go with my pink butterflies. Theorizing possible shortbow skills now! gogo XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kickinwing View Post
    While this doesn't quite have anything to do with actual mesmer gameplay, I wish mesmers could use shortbows. What would better complement the Mesmer Butterflies of Death than shooting rainbows in people's faces? Yes I would grind my ass off to get the legendary shortbow if mesmers could use it, just to have rainbow pew pew lazors to go with my pink butterflies. Theorizing possible shortbow skills now! gogo XD
    Arcane Archer would be fun to play.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickinwing View Post
    as long as we get more purple lasers and explosions