Page 4 of 133 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
54
104
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Dont know if anyone has suggested this already but here it goes:

    One of the shatter abilities could make you change places with the clone. If anyone has played Dota it would be the same as Spectres ability to simply trade places with one of its clones. Think this would really blend well with the whole Mesmer style and add quite a bit of confusion.

  2. #62
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,038
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbsson View Post
    Dont know if anyone has suggested this already but here it goes:

    One of the shatter abilities could make you change places with the clone. If anyone has played Dota it would be the same as Spectres ability to simply trade places with one of its clones. Think this would really blend well with the whole Mesmer style and add quite a bit of confusion.
    While I wouldn't call that a "shatter" ability exactly, that would probably be so very basic to the playstyle that I'd had to see it forced into a utility slot. O_o

    I love it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  3. #63
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbsson View Post
    Dont know if anyone has suggested this already but here it goes:

    One of the shatter abilities could make you change places with the clone. If anyone has played Dota it would be the same as Spectres ability to simply trade places with one of its clones. Think this would really blend well with the whole Mesmer style and add quite a bit of confusion.
    Well.... in one of the mesmer skill videos the mesmer used a skill that switched him and his target enemies location, I have a feeling there's still a chance that'll make it in.... at least i hope so...

    Oh, There are also some traits that cause bad things to happen to all the enemies around your illusions when they die/ are shredded (idk what that means, i'm assuming it means shattered).
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-02-26 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  4. #64
    Stood in the Fire Zazajin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Skettis
    Posts
    475
    I love the fact Mesmers can dual wield swords, it just seems really badass.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I love the fact Mesmers can dual wield swords, it just seems really badass.
    I didn't see anywhere that allowed them to DW swords, from what I know, swords are a MH only weapon. If you mean wield 2 Handed Swords, then you're correct.

    EDIT: Okay I just looked up the info on their site xD
    I didn't see anything in videos showing them DW'ing swords though, might have been missed.

    Quote Originally Posted by http://guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/mesmer/
    Mechanics

    Weapons
    A mesmer can use a variety of magical, ranged, and melee weapons, including:

    Main Hand: Sword, Scepter
    Off Hand: Focus, Pistol, Sword, Torch
    Two-Handed: Staff, Greatsword

  6. #66
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    I didn't see anywhere that allowed them to DW swords, from what I know, swords are a MH only weapon. If you mean wield 2 Handed Swords, then you're correct.
    The GW2 wiki, several beta videos, and the guildwars2 official website say differently..
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    The GW2 wiki, several beta videos, and the guildwars2 official website say differently..
    Already edited my post before you said anything sorry~

  8. #68
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Already edited my post before you said anything sorry~
    xD lol it's cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    xD lol it's cool!


    OT: I wonder what abilities you get as a S/S Mesmer... And I find it really odd that Mesmers can DW swords but Thieves cannot...

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Already edited my post before you said anything sorry~
    Warriors can DW swords to.
    Warriors and Mesmers can DW swords.. Mesmers and Warriors are going to be my two mains.
    See a pattern, here? xD
    (I quoted the wrong post, and am too lazy to fix it. Deal with it.)

  11. #71
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    128
    Is there a BEST weapon? like the better choice to use or can you just roll with anything?

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Tury123 View Post
    Is there a BEST weapon? like the better choice to use or can you just roll with anything?
    No, there is no best weapon.
    Certain weapons will be better for certain situations, but there is no 'best' weapon to use.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Tury123 View Post
    Is there a BEST weapon? like the better choice to use or can you just roll with anything?
    Depends on what you mean by "Best", it mainly depends on your playstyle and other variables (in game and personal).
    Personally, I am going to do a 2hS + S/P Mesmer. I am just not going to decide until I see the S/S Mesmer though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Warriors can DW swords to.
    Warriors and Mesmers can DW swords.. Mesmers and Warriors are going to be my two mains.
    See a pattern, here? xD
    (I quoted the wrong post, and am too lazy to fix it. Deal with it.)
    Lol, silly Char. I might do a warrior later, but I was never a big fan of them.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    While I wouldn't call that a "shatter" ability exactly, that would probably be so very basic to the playstyle that I'd had to see it forced into a utility slot. O_o

    I love it.
    Yeah, suppose shatter sounds wrong. I was thinkin it would fit in the F1-F4 abilities so one could keep track of which clone is the "current" clone.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbsson View Post
    Yeah, suppose shatter sounds wrong. I was thinkin it would fit in the F1-F4 abilities so one could keep track of which clone is the "current" clone.
    It's a good idea, and a total mind f***. Totally what we need

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Lol, silly Char. I might do a warrior later, but I was never a big fan of them.
    You're just jealous.
    I've been pretty disappointed on my DK these last 2 tiers (though I stopped playing a couple months ago) being forced to use axes if I wanted to do the best DPS I could do.
    DWing swords is just something I like to always spend as much time doing as possible.
    Though I didn't in skyrim.. not being able to block is pretty pathetic when you can do it with one sword (hell, you can do it with a freaking fork) but somehow forget how to when you hold two swords.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    You're just jealous.
    I've been pretty disappointed on my DK these last 2 tiers (though I stopped playing a couple months ago) being forced to use axes if I wanted to do the best DPS I could do.
    DWing swords is just something I like to always spend as much time doing as possible.
    Though I didn't in skyrim.. not being able to block is pretty pathetic when you can do it with one sword (hell, you can do it with a freaking fork) but somehow forget how to when you hold two swords.
    I loved my rogue back when I could do Sword/Sword or Axe/Axe Mace/Mace. I hate the MH/Dagger crap that combat is now.
    Also, skyrim needs to learn to Parry, I just went Mage for Skyrim.

    OT: What weapon styles are you planning to use mainly? Besides S/S.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    I loved my rogue back when I could do Sword/Sword or Axe/Axe Mace/Mace. I hate the MH/Dagger crap that combat is now.
    Also, skyrim needs to learn to Parry, I just went Mage for Skyrim.

    OT: What weapon styles are you planning to use mainly? Besides S/S.
    Warrior: Hammer sword/sword for PvP, greatsword sword/sword for PvE mainly (with a bow and rifle in my inventory at all times, of course)
    Mesmer: Sword/sword staff for PvE (probably), no idea for PvP.

  19. #79
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Ye
    ---------- Post added 2012-02-26 at 12:43 AM ----------

    [/COLOR]
    I don't see how. That's your "basic attack" and it's true that the primary focus of the Mesmer is not on basic attacks, but on fanciful mind-fucking magic. (pardon my french, but that term fits mesmer so perfectly!)
    Summoning clones and just spamming your auto attack still doesn't sound much fun. Other weapon sets have other offensive abilities other than their bread and butter.

  20. #80

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •