Page 47 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritz347 View Post
    IDK, the tomes are kind of neat. Fully healing up to 5 allies? That's badass. The Mesmer has nothing that good for elites.
    Forces you to stand still. Yuck.

The only elite that allows me to keep my mobility simply resets my virtues. BORING!

I personally love each of the three Mesmer skills.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Forces you to stand still. Yuck.

The only elite that allows me to keep my mobility simply resets my virtues. BORING!

I personally love each of the three Mesmer skills.
    I don't mind the standing still if I'm not getting hit. Even if I was getting hit, it might be worth it to get a single cast from one of the tome skills off.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritz347 View Post
    I don't mind the standing still if I'm not getting hit. Even if I was getting hit, it might be worth it to get a single cast from one of the tome skills off.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :/
    Mass invis would keep ya from getting hit, too. :P

Moa morph adds some really amazingly powerful level of control, nobody else can do a polymorph.

And the time warp... hell, that's like an AoE Lightning Reflexes. Amazing damage boost for your team if you can get decent positioning.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Mass invis would keep ya from getting hit, too. :P

Moa morph adds some really amazingly powerful level of control, nobody else can do a polymorph.

And the time warp... hell, that's like an AoE Lightning Reflexes. Amazing damage boost for your team if you can get decent positioning.
    I think Moa Morph and Mass Invis are fine, that time warp one seems very lack luster to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

What is considered the best group support proffesion at the moment?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind any of them, but the recharge times on them make them all pretty much useless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Guardian or Elementalist.

I'm guessing Engineer, Ele, Necro or Guardian are considered the best at the moment. Most likely Guardian because of the focus on healing and pure damage protection. Necro does some decent AoE effects with the Marks and the Ele has Water Magic which is usually has a bit of healing to it. Engineer has the Elixir kit which is great for giving allies buffs and such.

Really all classes can play support, even the Mesmer, especially with the staff (Winds of Chaos and Chaos Storm applying random buffs to allies for example, not to mention Glamours) but imo the Guardian is the most support oriented class out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Between those 2, Guardian is able to live more on his own?

I mean... I was playing a Mesmer, but for some strange reason, I want to be supporting everything. So, I made a support build and was soooo very hard to die. Is guardian (as I noticed) even harder to kill? Or elementalist?

I like them all the same (with guardian being left behind for some tiny bits), so now (even in beta) it's all a matter of "numbers".

Also:

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_....10.10.2.12.10

The build I used. (had imense fun with it)

10+ Year Old Account
    you clearly didn't see me playing my ranger in the BWE if you think this lol, dat support ranger is so legit!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I mean... I was playing a Mesmer, but for some strange reason, I want to be supporting everything. So, I made a support build and was soooo very hard to die. Is guardian (as I noticed) even harder to kill? Or elementalist?

I like them all the same (with guardian being left behind for some tiny bits), so now (even in beta) it's all a matter of "numbers".

Also:

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_....10.10.2.12.10

The build I used. (had imense fun with it)
    A guardian is more resilient to damage than a mesmer or elementalist, yes. But you asked for support. An Elementalist probably has more honestly.

As for what's harder to kill? Well an elementalist in a PvP scenario. In PvE I can't really say since I haven't played the guardian much.

It's likely harder to kill a Mesmer 1v1 because of the clones throwing you off but a Guardian has better armor and better healing/protection buff skills so he might be able to take a lot more damage than a Mesmer. He's also likely a better support option for reasons discussed before.

A guardian is more resilient to damage than a mesmer or elementalist, yes. But you asked for support. An Elementalist probably has more honestly.
    I imagine the playstyle of a holy paladin tbh :P

Hand of Freedom, Divine Shield etc. Buttons which their effect is so clear (and shiny :P). My main's a mage in WoW, and I am so tired of the control chains. I want a different playstyle. Obviously for GW2 it would be Reflect Projectiles, teleport or what have you.

EDIT:

Also, I forgot to ask: Excluding the 6 skill is there anything else which is labeled as healing for the mesmer?

Also, I forgot to ask: Excluding the 6 skill is there anything else which is labeled as healing for the mesmer?
    Not sure where it is now, but there was a "heals you for pathetic amounts" trait off illusion shatters from the Inspiration line in BWE1. Small, but could add up to "I had just enough health to make that last hit and kill the other guy".

Of course, traiting/gearing into Toughness could have a completely identical effect.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Not sure where it is now, but there was a "heals you for pathetic amounts" trait off illusion shatters from the Inspiration line in BWE1. Small, but could add up to "I had just enough health to make that last hit and kill the other guy".

Of course, traiting/gearing into Toughness could have a completely identical effect.
    I knew of this trait. So the +healing in the tier is mostly for 6, huh?

I knew of this trait. So the +healing in the tier is mostly for 6, huh?
    With the exception of Elementalists in Water Attunement, this is "pretty much" true for every class.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Thank you for the thread Watching these now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to like mesmer. But so far it just feels like illusions will be nothing but a huge pain in the ass for me. The current illusions feel clunky and unreliable. I'm hoping they do something this BWE that cleans them up a bit.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-06-06 at 12:22 AM.

Question: Which for now seems to be the most reliable damage dealing spec for the mesmer in 1v1 and in mass pvp? (not 1 for both situations)

10+ Year Old Account
    Highest is probably swords because it's melee. Most reliable is either greatsword or scepter. Maybe scepter because it has the most reliable clone spawning. Imo all weapon need that kind of reliable clone spawning.