Page 51 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with Zito, it's extremely frustrating with the current design. I don't necessarily think his solution is flawless, but I count it as "putting all your eggs in one basket" to push the shatter button and watch every single illusion shatter. Why can't you choose to shatter specific ones? Only because of the UI design?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Personally I think the whole Shatter mechanic needs a rethink. Sure there are times when the shatter effects are useful but 99.9% of the time I'd rather just have the illusion alive to confuse my enemy.

Sadly I can't really think of an alternative so I'm not a whole lot of use :<

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like greatsword damage needs a buff. Also think berserker phantasm needs a rework immensely. It just does a whirl attack every few seconds and any fuckwit with at least 1 chromosome can get away from it making it fuck all useless. Arenanet is trying to be creative for the sake of creativity with the illusions and it's making it tedious and craptastic in the process. My rant is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I have to agree with Zito, it's extremely frustrating with the current design. I don't necessarily think his solution is flawless, but I count it as "putting all your eggs in one basket" to push the shatter button and watch every single illusion shatter. Why can't you choose to shatter specific ones? Only because of the UI design?
    The point of shatters is to flip the table over when the enemy starts to figure out what's going on, or in other word you get to 3 illusions and want to create more just shatter and start pumpin em out again, you people just aren't very creative...

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I feel like greatsword damage needs a buff. Also think berserker phantasm needs a rework immensely. It just does a whirl attack every few seconds and any fuckwit with at least 1 chromosome can get away from it making it fuck all useless. Arenanet is trying to be creative for the sake of creativity with the illusions and it's making it tedious and craptastic in the process. My rant is done.
    Once again, you're not being creative (god you mesmers... Disgraceful!) so what if it misses? You know what you're doing? You're forcing them to move away from it, if you're up against Melee stay near your berserker and watch their hesitation to go near you! God it's delicious! And if you're against range they wot be able to get off many channeled abilities or stay in a favorable position for long without taking a hit or expending dodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    The point of shatters is to flip the table over when the enemy starts to figure out what's going on, or in other word you get to 3 illusions and want to create more just shatter and start pumpin em out again, you people just aren't very creative...
    After an entire weekend of WvWvW there wasn't a single time where the shatter effect on an enemy would have been more useful than having that illusion still alive, so it's not about lack of creativity at all. Sure, when 1 on 1 against a good enemy who keeps track of and doesn't attack your illusions it is useful to shatter them, but that's really not that often.

The problem with Zito's idea (especially if you buff up the phantasams) is you're not making a choice at that point, it's you use your phantasam for offense AND get to keep the defense of your clones
    There is no offense of clones outside shatters, and 2 of the 4 is survivability and 1 of the offensive is garbage and mind wreck aint that great either.

The point of shatters is to flip the table over when the enemy starts to figure out what's going on
    If shatters did that, we wouldn't have a problem. It's not a lack of creativity, its limitations of the class and shatters don't do what you are saying.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like arenanet nerfed the clone damage then forgot to actually buff the mesmer abilities to compensate.

It feels like arenanet nerfed the clone damage then forgot to actually buff the mesmer abilities to compensate.
    They did not forget, John P already said an entire re-work is being implemented to make them viable, it just didn't make it to BWE2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They did not forget, John P already said an entire re-work is being implemented to make them viable, it just didn't make it to BWE2.
    Oh good. I'm praying phantasms become separate from clones. Also hope they nerf illusionary duelist. You might as well rename the skill "summon jesus christ" atm. Makes the other off hands feel pathetic and I REALLY want to be able to use off hand sword.

Oh good. I'm praying phantasms become separate from clones. Also hope they nerf illusionary duelist. You might as well rename the skill "summon jesus christ" atm. Makes the other off hands feel pathetic and I REALLY want to be able to use off hand sword.
    Offhand sword needs a change, Iduelist wasn't that bad, 1 on its self is doable, you can easily kill it too which people think you shouldn't. Offhand sword complete garbage though.

Sword duelist leaps at your foe then strikes, thing is after leaping your foe can move 1 foot and the attack completely misses, and block currently is just lackluster unless its the boon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the swordmans should just chase after the opponent like any mob instead of trying be a fancy grasshopper twat.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 03:02 AM ----------

I'm also hoping they do something to help clones and phantasms not die patheticall to aoe stuff. They could just give them a high damage reduction against aoe attacks.

Just curious; Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Just curious; Source?
    Reddit Q/A

so is there a way you can build a mesmer so where i wouldnt be so reliant on clones and stuff.i mean i was talkin to someone on another forum and it seemed like shattering was just one way to play a mesmer and theres other ways of playing them

i mean i like the whole deception thing mesmers have,i just dont really wanna have to micro manage a bunch of clones and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say that they had completed the overhaul but it wasn't in time for the event?
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    so is there a way you can build a mesmer so where i wouldnt be so reliant on clones and stuff.i mean i was talkin to someone on another forum and it seemed like shattering was just one way to play a mesmer and theres other ways of playing them

i mean i like the whole deception thing mesmers have,i just dont really wanna have to micro manage a bunch of clones and stuff
    That is there mechanic, so no not really.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say that they had completed the overhaul but it wasn't in time for the event?
    That is what I said no?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is there mechanic, so no not really.

That is what I said no?
    Didn't you say they were planning an overhaul? I was pretty sure they said that they had completed the overhaul on like Thursday which was to late to put into BWE

an entire re-work is being implemented to make them viable, it just didn't make it to BWE2.
    tis what I said

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still wary of choosing mesmer as my main. A big reason I'm consdering this class is because it has the ability to be melee, which is only one of it's weapon sets. If some patch rolls around one of these days and makes the sword not viable, a lot of the fun I get in the class will be go poof.

Deleted
    This is what Jon Peters posted on the beta forums after BWE2 (on monday):

As this was the last profession we got in, you will notice it is probably still the roughest around the edges. We aren’t going to rework how the whole thing works, but you will see him get a lot smoother as we head towards release. This gives you a pretty big insight into our iterative process, but also requires mesmer players to be a bit more patient. The feedback in here has been great so keep it up and we will keep working on improving your profession.

Jon
    So they aren't doing a complete overhaul but they will change things around to smooth things out.