10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Stealth move that enables you to stealth, but doesn't disable your ability to end stealth when you so choose, by attacking targets at will, which you have enabled to automatically do when in range of a target.

Or, disable auto-attack, don't break stealth, don't accidentally pull side mobs when you're already having a difficult time trying to manage pulls. It shouldn't be Decoy that gets you to turn it off, you should have it off already. The fact that you keep it turned on is no fault to the skill.
    In Zito defense (as much as i hate auto attack but that's MY personal opinion), it doesn't trigger when you're just in the VICINITY of a target, or if you're targeting, it only goes off after you use any offensive skill first. The fact that it is triggering his auto attack when he decoys has GOT to be a bug.

Why is it a bug you ask? Because 1) the prestige doesn't do that 2) blinding tuft/feathers doesn't do that 3) no thief stealth does that.

etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Stealth move that enables you to stealth, but doesn't disable your ability to end stealth when you so choose, by attacking targets at will, which you have enabled to automatically do when in range of a target.

Or, disable auto-attack, don't break stealth, don't accidentally pull side mobs when you're already having a difficult time trying to manage pulls. It shouldn't be Decoy that gets you to turn it off, you should have it off already. The fact that you keep it turned on is no fault to the skill.
    Because everyone is going to be at ranged using decoy? Because in PvP the only time you would use decoy is when you are at ranged? Reason why I dropped this piece of crap from my builds is because every time I'm in melee range and I pop it for an escape it always makes me turn auto attack on and hits the target, making it redundant. I shouldn't have to turn off my auto attack to make 1 skill work nor should the rest of the community that leaves it on which isn't a small amount I could imagine.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Because everyone is going to be at ranged using decoy? Because in PvP the only time you would use decoy is when you are at ranged? Reason why I dropped this piece of crap from my builds is because every time I'm in melee range and I pop it for an escape it always makes me turn auto attack on and hits the target, making it redundant. I shouldn't have to turn off my auto attack to make 1 skill work nor should the rest of the community that leaves it on which isn't a small amount I could imagine.
    Oh it's faaaaaaaaaaaaar from a small amount, I turn it off asap because i have the thought process in games with auto attacks that if i click the auto attack button faster i'll somehow attack faster xD. Did you submit it as a bug to Anet? because if so i can see it being fixed, it can hardly be -that- hard to fix (this coming from someone who has no idea how developing works xD)
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they made it so you could turn off your auto attack through a keybind, it would only be a minor annoyance... but it should automatically turn that auto attack off. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Agreed they should look into it

Quote Originally Posted by tuggernutz87 View Post
    Agreed they should look into it
    What they should look into, is teaching people in game how to turn auto-attack off (and some of the benefits for doing so). Looking into this would rectify the problem immediately.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    What they should look into, is teaching people in game how to turn auto-attack off (and some of the benefits for doing so). Looking into this would rectify the problem immediately.
    Auto-attack is there as a choice. I don't think people should be penalized, on one particular skill, for choosing to have it on, specially when other similar stealth skills work properly with it.

. Looking into this would rectify the problem immediately.
    Making me turn off the auto option to fix a bug which clearly isn't intentional does not rectify the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of problems and complaints that could be rectified if the game had a proper tutorial.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    There's a lot of problems and complaints that could be rectified if the game had a proper tutorial.
    I don't like tutorials tbh. I like GW2 style of just being dumped into the world and playing what you feel. If you wanna learn about crafting, go find a crafting trainer and talk to him, and then you can jump into crafting.

I avoided PvE both BWE's. I had no freaken idea there was cooking till I saw the trainer, and guess what I learned about . I like the feeling of exploration, cards all on the table thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like tutorials tbh. I like GW2 style of just being dumped into the world and playing what you feel. If you wanna learn about crafting, go find a crafting trainer and talk to him, and then you can jump into crafting.

I avoided PvE both BWE's. I had no freaken idea there was cooking till I saw the trainer, and guess what I learned about . I like the feeling of exploration, cards all on the table thing.
    Depends on how the "tutorial" is done. I'm sure the Mega Man series has been mentioned before. :P

Remember that one of the strongest criticisms of WoW is that they don't actually teach players how to be good raiders, and so you end up with a bunch of bads in your group, or else a bunch of players who religiously follow an external web site (hello EJ!)

Rather than blather on and on and on about "why auto-attack is fail and you should suck it up and turn it off" I did a re-read of this thread, and came to this:
    In BWE1, decoy turned on your auto attack.

Which is why I dumped it.
    I remember similar issues with the Torch stealth, and Thief issues, which apparently now all turn off your auto-attack on their own. BUT

Has anyone actually seen whether or not Auto-Attack was still immediately activated upon using this? Or could it have even been fixed for BWE2 and no one even noticed? Because, seriously here.

I remember similar issues with the Torch stealth, and Thief issues, which apparently now all turn off your auto-attack on their own. BUT

Has anyone actually seen whether or not Auto-Attack was still immediately activated upon using this? Or could it have even been fixed for BWE2 and no one even noticed? Because, seriously here.
    Which was my original question because I did not use it during BWE2 because I could not spare a skill slot. However using staff or scepter in BWE1 then using decoy is the most annoying shit ever.

10. The state of the mesmer class was much-discussed during BWE 2. What's the current thinking on the role that the team wants clones and phantasms to play for mesmers in PvE and PvP?
    Eric: Clones are intended to act as decoys and fodder for shatters in both PvP and PvE. As such, we don’t want them to be significant sources of damage. Phantasms, on the other hand, should be dangerous, which is why we call them out to enemy players by not making them exact copies of the mesmer. We’re still working on getting the balance for illusions down properly, and players should continue to see improvements as we progress.
    Iiiiinnnnnnteresting.

Edit: Source: http://www.rpgamer.com/games/guildwa...interview.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes phantasms unshatterable arenanet or ill end you!

How often are you guys shattering your illusions? I still feel the Mesmer feels a bit weak in PvP when it comes to damage output. What weapons do you go into PvP with? I was going with scepter/pistol and I did some with the greatsword, and some with the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    How often are you guys shattering your illusions? I still feel the Mesmer feels a bit weak in PvP when it comes to damage output. What weapons do you go into PvP with? I was going with scepter/pistol and I did some with the greatsword, and some with the staff.
    I avoided shatters entirely unless I needed instant survival which I used daze or distortion. Cry is still junk and phantasms were better than mind wreck even without pistol.

I avoided shatters entirely unless I needed instant survival which I used daze or distortion. Cry is still junk and phantasms were better than mind wreck even without pistol.
    That's pretty much how I've been doing it. I hardly ever shatter, and I was just making sure I wasn't doing it wrong. Mind wreck seems very weak, so I don't use it, same with cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    *Cough*

So I edited the OP, to only include information useful to newcomers. Too lazy myself to constantly update the OP myself with up to date videos and such .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I have done a lot of testing with the mesmer in both beta weekends + stress tests,mesmers do have a lot of damage output but the problem comes from the complete difference between the condition and melee mesmers,i would suggest trying sword + pistol - Shattering the illusions does have great effect,mind wrack is kind of meh but the the best ones imo are the daze + distortion.

Daze - Interrupts casting,can be crutch if used right
    Distortion - Great if stuck getting demolished by a thousand blades(or something like that) warrior

Im currently uploading a vid that i will link to you once it is done,i use the sword + pistol with a sword + focus