Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandsinestra View Post
    I have done a lot of testing with the mesmer in both beta weekends + stress tests,mesmers do have a lot of damage output but the problem comes from the complete difference between the condition and melee mesmers,i would suggest trying sword + pistol - Shattering the illusions does have great effect,mind wrack is kind of meh but the the best ones imo are the daze + distortion.

Daze - Interrupts casting,can be crutch if used right
    Distortion - Great if stuck getting demolished by a thousand blades(or something like that) warrior

Im currently uploading a vid that i will link to you once it is done,i use the sword + pistol with a sword + focus
    I have uploaded the video,im not too sure about the rules on posting links in this forum,i dont wanna get banned - should i just send in a PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandsinestra View Post
    I have uploaded the video,im not too sure about the rules on posting links in this forum,i dont wanna get banned - should i just send in a PM?
    It's okay to post the video.

So I played a mesmer first (I love the theme). But I will admit that I found it a bit odd. I could kill alright, or support, but I felt like the mechanic of it (aka F1, F2, F3, F4) were MISSING ALOT of Love. At some point I just gave up cause my personal story was too hard to do it (I think it was a bug, died like 10 times with everything broke) so I just went to another class.

I felt extremely hindered by the mechanic. My illusions were always too far away, some did not much, breaking them would never really work too well (F4 never work for something in PvE. Something I miss from gw is that I could see and interrupt pretty well, I knew what was going on. Right now I feel like that was a waste, specially on pve where I didnt find many mobs using skills). And well, I would maybe use F1 as a finisher, but often they would be too far, or something.

I didnt play it on the second beta, was there any good changes, or still the same? Im not going to read 54 pages of thread.

As for the rest I felt okay, really would love a bigger synergy on the skills (even on swapping).

Any thoughts to share here?

Mesmer's Illusions(all of them) felt incredibly powerful.

I played Sword/Pistol+Greatsword. When charging into an enemy I'd summon Pistol, Swap to Greatsword(before entering combat) summon a Berserker, Lower their armor, Knock down, shift back into sword/pistol, daze, summon my 3rd illusion, If it was a 2v1 - here's where I'd start working on the second guy with Stun>Moa bird, and 2 skill(sword) them.

Usually person 1 would be dead without being able to react, person 2 would have 2 illusions on him before getting out of moa, and I would have never had been attackable in a 2v1. In a 1v1 I would usually just summon 1-2 illusions and ignore them, 3v1s I'd play very defensivly and hope they ignored illusions, but I did win a few of 3v1s, couple 4v1s, and 1 5v1(Just kited endlessly...they ignored illusions alltogether - deserved it IMO).

Sword, Berserker, Pistol all felt very powerful. Warlock felt kinda meh - but I never used the right build for him.

If Illusions stay this good on release - I'm definitely playing Mesmer. :P I had so much fun on this.

Edit: As for the Shatter discussion - I VERY rarely shattered. Only time I'd shatter is in 3v1s+. I'd usually have 1 person stunned, 1 person downed, and 1 person Moa bird, with Illusions finishing downed person - right when he died I'd shatter for Distortion. I just can't see shattering my useful illusions for anything unless they were abou tto finish their job or I was about to die.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2012-06-30 at 05:58 PM.

Edit: As for the Shatter discussion - I VERY rarely shattered. Only time I'd shatter is in 3v1s+. I'd usually have 1 person stunned, 1 person downed, and 1 person Moa bird, with Illusions finishing downed person - right when he died I'd shatter for Distortion. I just can't see shattering my useful illusions for anything unless they were abou tto finish their job or I was about to die.
    hmm,how are mesmers then.i havent looked up much about them in a while but thiefs seem to be pretty crappy and im thinkin about rollin a mesmer instead of a thief if they dont really improve thiefs in the next bwe

cuz the shatter thing was kinda the only thing holdin me back about mesmers.but it seems like from readin some of the stuff on here you dont really shatter as much as i thought

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    hmm,how are mesmers then.i havent looked up much about them in a while but thiefs seem to be pretty crappy and im thinkin about rollin a mesmer instead of a thief if they dont really improve thiefs in the next bwe

cuz the shatter thing was kinda the only thing holdin me back about mesmers.but it seems like from readin some of the stuff on here you dont really shatter as much as i thought
    We did in BWE1 because mind wreck was OP, cry of frustration is crap to begin with so nobody touched it unless you ran scepeter and you poped your 5 stack to make it into 7. Outside of that cry is pretty bad and they said they were going to change it but haven't /sigh

In BWE2 the only shatter that was useful was distortion or daze and you only did that if a) you are full on clones and about to summon another or b) you need survival.

BWE3 hopefully they replace cry of frustration and they said some other changes are coming too.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    You don't Mind Wrack often, but I shatter quite often defensively. Few seconds of Distortion (F4) from a big hit, buys me time until my next Blurred Frenzy or Trick Shot. The daze from Diversion (F3) has been found to be pretty useful in keeping party members up as well, not just yourself.

It's a mechanic that a lot of people will think it's okay to ignore, but it's like ignoring combo-fields, weapon swapping, when to stun (ie not on cooldown). You can't afford to pretend they're not there.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Hey guys tell me wat u think of this build http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...bsc3cgd1d2e5ku
    This build revolves around me attacking with 1 duelist use the pistol for the stun then use blurred frenzy switch to staff to get 2 regular staff clones out. I dont want to go into more detail until I test it out lol.
    Last edited by Deneiro; 2012-07-09 at 03:19 AM.

The regular staff clones don't do a lot (any?) damage anymore. They're debuff fodder for your Warlock to soak up. It's generally a waste. The staff also doesn't generally have a lot of short-term utility available to it (outside of Storm?), and does much less damage than actually sticking with your sword. Using a staff for Chaos Storm, and then Sword leaping into it for Chaos Armor (when your Chaos Armor is already on cooldown) seems to be the only reason I would ever run with staff/1h sword.

Those are my thoughts, but by all means, I'm no expert here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The regular staff clones don't do a lot (any?) damage anymore. They're debuff fodder for your Warlock to soak up. It's generally a waste. The staff also doesn't generally have a lot of short-term utility available to it (outside of Storm?), and does much less damage than actually sticking with your sword. Using a staff for Chaos Storm, and then Sword leaping into it for Chaos Armor (when your Chaos Armor is already on cooldown) seems to be the only reason I would ever run with staff/1h sword.

Those are my thoughts, but by all means, I'm no expert here.
    So the staff clones dont send out conditions and boons anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Deneiro View Post
    So the staff clones dont send out conditions and boons anymore?
    Something that does zero damage, drops your survivability, for a random buff/debuff, and while you're probably in melee, they're likely to get eaten by a cleave effect anyways, not lasting more than the GCD to summon them.

I don't see it worth the hassle. Condition builds can be awesome, yes, but this isn't the way I'd recommend leading into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Something that does zero damage, drops your survivability, for a random buff/debuff, and while you're probably in melee, they're likely to get eaten by a cleave effect anyways, not lasting more than the GCD to summon them.

I don't see it worth the hassle. Condition builds can be awesome, yes, but this isn't the way I'd recommend leading into one.
    then what if I keep the staff clones out of melee range I had plans on summoning the staff clones in different areas before I go into melee so they wont take any damage. If that wont work then what do you suggest? I dont like great swords since they r waaaaaaaaaaaay to common sceptor is weak sooooo ya I have no clue lmao.
    Last edited by Deneiro; 2012-07-19 at 12:10 AM.

actually with what i was talkin about with the clone thing.i guess i never really looked at the traits for mesmers much recently but it seems like if you take stuff like compounding power in the illusions traitline and illusionary defense in chaos traitline you could probably play a mesmer without having to shatter or shatter much

guess its just somethin i never noticed or maybe they added some traits since the last i checked

K so that time again.

Apparently you can put "marks" on people in PvP. You put a mark on the mesmer and there goes any "distraction" you needed. Everytime Anet trys to add something kewl and nifty ends up shafting the mesmers.

Mesmer downed skills are HORRIBLE, the invisibility one was ok if you lasted that long... however this clone and move 2 cm next to it is pointless while rogues still have their OP stealth before finishing them can hit?

It seems clones draw aggro now though in PvE.

Cry of frustration is still useless, they said they would change it but didn't...

Block is still awful for scepter and offhand sword.

I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised with staff, and going melee with sword is a suicide.

The Mesmer is a squishy and I felt the tools we're given don't really compensate for that. Especially clones.

Oh, and about Decoy, I'd like if stealth lasted a bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does seem like Mesmer is getting the shaft pretty hard lately. I've had decent success with Sword/Pistol + Staff, but not near as much as I would like. Putting points into Toughness and Vitality are big helpers for the melee lovers like myself. Greatsword was overnerfed, in my opinion, it's just not even fun anymore. Also, I found it much easier to leave the Illusions unshattered and use them for an oh-shit button, rather than damage dealing, which was underwhelming, even when traited into.

The class is fun and very creative, but they're certainly taking some very weird directions with it. It's not presenting much of an impact in pvp right now.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I agree that GS was nerfed to hell. It feels slow, unresponsive, stuck in animations.

Currently in PvP, its stack toughness or go home. Mesmer is super squishy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, i didn't play mes that much this beta (maybe an hour tops) but i thought the new downed skills were actually BETTER then last beta... and thief down skills go smashed in the face with the nerf hammer, now their teleport and stealth are 2 different skills, the teleport portion is available first, only having a 10sec CD, the stealth aspect is the 20 sec CD and as such wont be available unless you ignore them for a good portion...

PS: I confused quite a few people with, and got confused by the illusioned down thing quite often.... now if only it interrupted the "Finish Them" skill for those already in the process of casting it...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I guess the "big changes" were more of a negative effect overall then a positive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be fair though, the old thief downed skills were a slap in the face. You literally couldn't finish a downed thief unless they fucked up and ported too close to the player. They're still annoying but at least killable now. As someone who mostly plays a thief, I'd personally like to see the "teleport" skill completely removed and replaced, maybe with an interrupt like most other classes.

Now, with the mesmer, I'm sad to say but it's the only class currently in the game that I have absolutely no fun with in PVP. They're marking the player to avoid clone confusion, we're losing almost all interesting traits having to spec so hard into toughness, greatsword is an extremely innovative twist on what's normally a clunky melee weapon and instead they've punched it in the productive browneye.

Phantasm damage is terrible, staff abilities are decent but offer little to battle skilled melee. Such an interesting class that in my opinion doesn't deliver as expected. Just opinion.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.