1. #1221
    When your clone summoning skills are on cd, scepter attack still takes too long and waste too much potential damage just for the 3 clones. So like I said before outside burst confusion stacking its better to use staff for the main attack.

    Go with focus instead of offhand sword:

    http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/mes...|0|0|0|0|2|17|

    You lose increase defense while casting mantras however you should be kiting around a rock or something and not in the open if you are setting up mantras mid combat. The bad thing about mantras is extended fights. If all your mantras are down and you have to charge them that is a considerable amount of time wasted for you and time gained for your foe.

  2. #1222

    mesmer starting masks

    whats the difference between the 3 starting masks, Harlequin's Smile, Phantasm of Sorrow, Fanged Dread, of the mesmer profession?

  3. #1223
    Warchief Kallanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,048
    Personal story and look as far as I know.
    Every profession has one choice that affects their starter gear -Guardians have shoulders or helmets, Mesmers have masks, Thieves have headgear.
    I don't think it has different repercussions.

  4. #1224
    u sure? for example elementalist the choose between wind, earth, water and fire which i believe it affects their gameplay later on

  5. #1225
    Warchief Kallanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by greekelf View Post
    u sure? for example elementalist the choose between wind, earth, water and fire which i believe it affects their gameplay later on
    Unless I'm awfully mistaken, that elementalist choice affects the colour of their head crystal. I do not think there's any more gameplay changes, other than perhaps personal story.

  6. #1226
    ohhh i think im the one who is awfully mistaken then xD

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 10:33 PM ----------

    thx for the info

  7. #1227
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    if anything more than visuals they MIGHT alter personal story...

    but i highly doubt it. ranger pet selection kinda hints its not the case. btw the ranger starting pet is pretty much the only choice that might slightly alter gameplay... until you tame new pets.
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  8. #1228
    The Lightbringer Pud'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Posts
    2,998
    Oh wow, they updated the individual profession pages on the official site. Can't believe I didn't notice that.

  9. #1229
    I really wish Mesmers had better dps. I played one a lot during the first two Beta Weekend Events, and really liked their aesthetics, but couldn't get over how ridiculously unpolished they were. They still appear to need a lot of work.

  10. #1230
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Prometheus View Post
    I really wish Mesmers had better dps. I played one a lot during the first two Beta Weekend Events, and really liked their aesthetics, but couldn't get over how ridiculously unpolished they were. They still appear to need a lot of work.
    I thought Mesmer was one of the most polished profs in the game.... And the Mesmer has never been one for damage, they're more about subterfuge, control, and just being a jack ass, which the Mesmer of Gw2 does VERY well I might add.... If you want raw damage with Mesmer only real option is sword or greatsword all others are kinda douchebaggery and the such... And if neither of those are doing the damage you desire roll an elementalist
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  11. #1231
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,029
    Damage seems fine on Mesmer. Just gotta do it right. Mesmers don't blow you up with Fireballs - instead they shoot you with purple butterflies that make you punch yourself.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  12. #1232
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Damage seems fine on Mesmer. Just gotta do it right. Mesmers don't blow you up with Fireballs - instead they shoot you with purple butterflies that make you punch yourself.
    Drakewurrum is confused!

    It hurt itself in confusion!!! XD that's how I imagine Mesmer gameplay as (which it really is especially with heavy confusion based builds)
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  13. #1233
    Currently with confusion (since engineers can keep stacks rolling without dropping) you can either stack power and try to create a steady flow of low stacked confusion or stack condition damage and have confusion as "burst" and have staff be your damage.

  14. #1234
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Currently with confusion (since engineers can keep stacks rolling without dropping) you can either stack power and try to create a steady flow of low stacked confusion or stack condition damage and have confusion as "burst" and have staff be your damage.
    You can also go for both condition dmg and power... An get a nice spread of both (I know it sounds like it doesn't work but it actually does if you set yourself up right...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  15. #1235
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    You can also go for both condition dmg and power... An get a nice spread of both (I know it sounds like it doesn't work but it actually does if you set yourself up right...
    If you have someone who can support you since you will have almost no toughness or vitality, yea it would work.

  16. #1236
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you have someone who can support you since you will have almost no toughness or vitality, yea it would work.
    Actually.... It depends in your spec, I had tons of toughness.... Or was it vitality.... Idr.... I had like 20k or so health, idr the toughness... I think toughness was a little more because I had a trait swapping it into condition damage...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  17. #1237
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Actually.... It depends in your spec, I had tons of toughness.... Or was it vitality.... Idr.... I had like 20k or so health, idr the toughness... I think toughness was a little more because I had a trait swapping it into condition damage...
    If you had 20k hp only another stat could be abnormally high and 5% of your toughness converted to condition damage isn't amazing. So I'm assuming you stacked vitality and condition damage with a minor toughness boost probably from traits which don't really do anything drastic.

  18. #1238
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,029
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you have someone who can support you since you will have almost no toughness or vitality, yea it would work.
    God forbid we have teamwork. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  19. #1239
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    God forbid we have teamwork. :P
    Because god compels us to work as a team?

    Also new build!!!!!!!!

    http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul....10.10.25.25.0

    This is a point capping/burst moment build. Scepter/sword is for the block granting retaliation which is increased by power

    From what I heard phantasmal disenchanter is garbage and I might drop it. I need to test its condition removal at launch. If it sucks I will be going with null field instead.

    I also need to see the difference in healing power to see if dwayna rune and clerics gem is worth it. If not I will be dropping disenchanter and defender for something else.

    The burst set up is offhand sword phantasm, stun with pistol, pistol phantasm then sword flurry with a 6 stack of might going from sigils. While keeping 23k hp and 1.8k toughness and 1900 power.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-06 at 01:31 AM.

  20. #1240
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,029
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Because god compels us to work as a team?
    Well, if we see Arena Net developers as gods, relative to our characters....
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •