10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That's not what it does.

It auto-clicks wherever your mouse is pointing already, rather than needing a second instance of input.
    Ah. Still useful. I usually set my ground-targeted spells in WoW like that with a macro.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Ah. Still useful. I usually set my ground-targeted spells in WoW like that with a macro.
    Or have them set to auto-fire via coding from certain people's gamepads and/or mice. It's a decent feature (one I prefer to disable myself most of the time), but it still doesn't change the fact that you're mouse-targetting a skill that used to auto-fire, rooting you but not your target.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Every stress test my profession choice gets harder and harder. I think I'm liking the Mesmer more than Engineer/ Warrior now, It's just too much fun. Also the utility skill Veil or whatever (the one that provides a stealth wall) was totally broken in the stress test I think.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Or have them set to auto-fire via coding from certain people's gamepads and/or mice. It's a decent feature (one I prefer to disable myself most of the time), but it still doesn't change the fact that you're mouse-targetting a skill that used to auto-fire, rooting you but not your target.
    Hrm. It's a shame that it roots the user, of course. But then... so do other skills that stab into the ground. Like Guardian Greatsword #2.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Hrm. It's a shame that it roots the user, of course. But then... so do other skills that stab into the ground. Like Guardian Greatsword #2.
    Does it have a targetting circle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it have a targetting circle?
    Well no, that one's just PBAoE. Which, imo, is inferior to being able to place it where you want it.

Ok no offense but Anet are idiots on mesmer downed skill.

Down skill now provides a cloak. Cool. Except if a person is in middle of a stomp they still finish you regardless. I mean being visible wasn't the problem, its not stopping stomp is the problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ok no offense but Anet are idiots on mesmer downed skill.

Down skill now provides a cloak. Cool. Except if a person is in middle of a stomp they still finish you regardless. I mean being visible wasn't the problem, its not stopping stomp is the problem
    That's weird. Doesn't the Thief one stop the stomp?

They changed it so stealth stops the stomp, At least thats how it worked on thieves. I'm pretty sure the 2 skill saved me when I was downed in pvp this stress test (didn't die enough to really notice )

That's weird. Doesn't the Thief one stop the stomp?
    The stealth? Probably not, however your teleport sends you flying away so stomp is out of range, mesmers is not :/

They changed it so stealth stops the stomp, At least thats how it worked on thieves. I'm pretty sure the 2 skill saved me when I was downed in pvp this stress test (didn't die enough to really notice )
    If you are still in range for a mesmer at least stealth won't stop it. Ive killed plenty of mesmers and died myself ty

The thief downed skill 3 is jsut a stealth, no movement, and it stops stomps. The Mesmer's could still jsut not be functioning properly but I stealth should stop it.

Well no, that one's just PBAoE. Which, imo, is inferior to being able to place it where you want it.
    I didn't realize that placing it directly onto a target and actually hitting the target isn't where we want it to be, when we give up our mobility to cast it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realize that placing it directly onto a target and actually hitting the target isn't where we want it to be, when we give up our mobility to cast it.
    *sighs* Kay. Fine. You're not thinking this through.

What happens with the Guardian Greatsword #2, regardless of where the enemy, you, or your mouse cursor happen to be, is "BAM GONNA DROP IT AT MY FEET!" And then, mind you, the effect it puts down is really only any good if people stay in it.
    What happens with this Mesmer Greatsword skill is "LOL I CAN PLACE THIS WHEREVER I WANT!" and it applies it's entire effect immediately (not counting animation), rather than drawing something on the ground that people can move out of.

No matter how you swing it, #2 is superior.

*sighs*

What happens with the Guardian Greatsword #2, regardless of where the enemy, you, or your mouse curse happen to be, is "BAM GONNA DROP IT AT MY FEET!" And then, mind you, the effect it puts down is really only any good if people stay in it
    What happens with this Mesmer Greatsword skill is "LOL I CAN PLACE THIS WHEREVER I WANT!" and it applies it's entire effect immediately (not counting animation), rather than drawing something on the ground that people can move out of.

Its not immediately, the animation takes about 1.5 seconds before it stabs the ground and unless you predicted where your target is moving its pretty easy to walk out of because the target circle is so small.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not immediately
    Funny, you even quoted the part that says "not counting animation"

Both spells have that easily-telegraphed animation, the difference is that I can actually lead a target with the Mesmer one.

*sighs* Kay. Fine. You're not thinking this through.

What happens with the Guardian Greatsword #2, regardless of where the enemy, you, or your mouse cursor happen to be, is "BAM GONNA DROP IT AT MY FEET!" And then, mind you, the effect it puts down is really only any good if people stay in it

So the "I'm going to stop running, telegraph that I'm stabbing my sword in the ground, and hit this EXTREMELY small targeting circle (it's like 4 yards diameter), that I can't actually hit something with a single attack".

See bolded part of your quote for why you're full of crap.

You can't count it as immediately if the animation is holding it back, animation basically is the cast time. Half the time I didn't use mind stab because I couldn't because I knew it would just miss and root me.

Both spells have that easily-telegraphed animation, the difference is that I can actually lead a target with the Mesmer one.
    That "not counting animation" is called telegraphing. You say it's why PBAoE is bad. I say that's why leading a target's bad. Someoen's telegraphing, they're going to change their play to dodge what you're doing.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 05:22 PM ----------

You can't count it as immediately if the animation is holding it back, animation basically is the cast time.
    And also this.

I was expecting mind stab to be PTAoe (player targeted aoe) and also hit anyone near. Imo it should be that.

I was expecting mind stab to be PTAoe (player targeted aoe) and also hit anyone near. Imo it should be that.
    Like how it was a Player Targetted ability before, but just have a small splash radius (what it's trying to do now)?