Page 93 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Sounds like it might be fun in WvW
    You can use this build in PvP though you won't be effective solo. You have to hide in the back and strip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I agree that's what it should be, but for some reason they made the stat 100% worthless. Think I should make a post about this on the official forums...
    Already have, put it under suggestions
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made a thread, if you feel like adding your input in regards to Mesmer skills specifically, zito.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Already have, put it under suggestions
    Suggestions? Not sure if that's the best place for it. Unfortunately, the only other good place would be GD, but this is a discussion about stat balancing, not necessarily a suggestion... at least that's how I made up my thread.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made a thread, if you feel like adding your input in regards to Mesmer skills specifically, zito.

Suggestions? Not sure if that's the best place for it. Unfortunately, the only other good place would be GD, but this is a discussion about stat balancing, not necessarily a suggestion... at least that's how I made up my thread.
    Well I suggested a buff for it due to how lack luster it is.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I will be adding mesmers heals shortly when I record them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Well I suggested a buff for it due to how lack luster it is.
    Fair enough. I'll just leave my thread as is for the sake of discussion at least. Stuff in Suggestions tends to fall by the wayside.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough. I'll just leave my thread as is for the sake of discussion at least. Stuff in Suggestions tends to fall by the wayside.
    I'll add ranger heals and Rez heals later today/ this weekend

Only problem i see with buffing +healing is that its only defensive stat that buffs groups as well as you, or does it only effect you?

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Only problem i see with buffing +healing is that its only defensive stat that buffs groups as well as you, or does it only effect you?
    every single heal scales differently with healing power. They don't have to buff group heals only self heals to put it on par as a surv stat. However group heals need a buff to:

Restorative Mantra +300 healing power: 2660
    Restorative Mantra +Max healing power: 2788. 128 total healing gained (lol wtf)
    ^this is the heal that heals nearby allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think comparing 0 +healing with 300 +healing is an easier comparison to check in order to see ratios, but maybe that's just me.

I think comparing 0 +healing with 300 +healing is an easier comparison to check in order to see ratios, but maybe that's just me.
    I wanted to show how much this stat is wasted, my tests were conducted wasting every single trait, rune, gear for +healing. Look how low 2k+ healing power got me.

holy shit the new changes to great sword are sexy.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    holy shit the new changes to great sword are sexy.
    ADVENTURE TIME

I already figured out what happened to the humans :'(. They give suttle hits in the background

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ADVENTURE TIME

I already figured out what happened to the humans :'(. They give suttle hits in the background
    indeed. adventure time has a deeper story to it if you look for it, especially ice king.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I wanted to show how much this stat is wasted, my tests were conducted wasting every single trait, rune, gear for +healing. Look how low 2k+ healing power got me.
    Fair enough.

It turns out, strangely, that for *Mesmers* the +healing stat actually is better for self-healing than what little group-healing you have, but that just makes it even more terrible. You should post specifically in the Mesmer sub-forum about how shitty Restorative Mantras is.

New GS build I made:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fgUQ...J6yujzL5OrNGkA

The 2 main stats you should focus on is Power and precision. The last stat is whatever you want as a surv stat (toughness/vitality)

This is a boon stripper / boon buffer build. Stacking + boon duration and any kind of boon removal I can get while still putting out decent damage.

Your main damage source will be GS. Your main boon stripper is shattering, each clone removes a boon, combined with mind stab it removes 4 boons per target. Take that moles from sorrows embrace!

Now you have 3 shatters to choose from. Mind wreck, confusion, and daze. Now confusion offers something nifty. Retaliation, this makes melee getting hit a good thing as it scales with power. Pick the one for the right situation. Most of the time it's going to be confusion if someone is near melee - mind wreck - daze is saved for interrupts.

You switch to staff when you and/or the group needs support. Pop chaos storm - let it tick - gain about 5 boons - pop signet of midnight - group has even more boons. It is a huge combo if you just got a boon from midnight signet, poped chaos storm, poped confusion shatter to gain retaliation then use midnight to transfer it all. Midnight has a 600 range btw.

This is an insane combo I even buffed it with +60% boon duration. Yes +boon duration stacks. You can get 70% boon duration with 2 major runes of sanctuary instead of 2 runes of earth I instead gained the +20% protection duration instead as personal preference.

Mirror images can be replaced for illsionary disenchanter if you feel like you are spawning too many clones. Its essentially 2 illusions every 40 seconds just like mirror images however spawns 2 right away.

Fair enough.

It turns out, strangely, that for *Mesmers* the +healing stat actually is better for self-healing than what little group-healing you have, but that just makes it even more terrible. You should post specifically in the Mesmer sub-forum about how shitty Restorative Mantras is.
    I haven't noticed that +healing is very good at all for Mesmers. It seems our defensive stating from toughness and vitality is a little better to overcome this. Add in our ability to confuse,daze,and go invulnerable on a fairly consistent timer makes up a little for it. I would like to see it buffed as well, but not at the cost of our otherwise pretty good statting. (is that a word, statting? Let's pretend it is.)
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I haven't noticed that +healing is very good at all for Mesmers. It seems our defensive stating from toughness and vitality is a little better to overcome this. Add in our ability to confuse,daze,and go invulnerable on a fairly consistent timer makes up a little for it. I would like to see it buffed as well, but not at the cost of our otherwise pretty good statting. (is that a word, statting? Let's pretend it is.)
    Yea I don't see +1k healing on ether feast on a 20 second cd good enough when I wasted 2000 healing power on it.

I feel like since mirror heals the worst out of all of them it should scale better with healing power. I also feel like ether feast should be on a 25 second cd or mirror on a 10 sec cd scaling horribly with healing power.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-09-15 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, I just want them to address this imbalance in stats. There should not be a single "worthless" stat, and right now, Healing falls into that category. I even find that Boon Duration is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, I just want them to address this imbalance in stats. There should not be a single "worthless" stat, and right now, Healing falls into that category. I even find that Boon Duration is better.
    Well boon duration is pretty freaking amazing especially with moves that are boon heavy (staff mes comes to mind!!) not to mention how powerful some boon are like protection...