Welcome to the club, nevermore. Glad to have you here. And there is a total disproportionate amount of Priests enjoying Mesmer, it's pretty awesome. anecdotal, of course, but very surreal.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Welcome to the club, nevermore. Glad to have you here. And there is a total disproportionate amount of Priests enjoying Mesmer, it's pretty awesome. anecdotal, of course, but very surreal.
    Former priests represent! =p

And yes I still love my mesmer =) I keep swapping between weapon choices, I have yet to pick a favorite, though I am finding dual swords put out more damage. But, I enjoyed the range style of scepter + pistol more :'(
    Last edited by SoraGrey; 2012-09-26 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoraGrey View Post
    Former priests represent! =p

And yes I still love my mesmer =) I keep swapping between weapon choices, I have yet to pick a favorite, though I am finding dual swords put out more damage. But, I enjoyed the range style of scepter + pistol more :'(
    I mostly PvP but my favorite combo has to be scepter sword.... Scepter torch is a close second because I just love how fabulous and flashy the torch skills are...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I mostly PvP but my favorite combo has to be scepter sword.... Scepter torch is a close second because I just love how fabulous and flashy the torch skills are...
    If only the torch trait removed all conditions instead of 1 at the end of its duration...

Lol kel are you even playing MoP anymore ?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If only the torch trait removed all conditions instead of 1 at the end of its duration...

lol it'd be funny if she didn't even get it xD
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

What's a mop? Are you being sexist and telling me to get back in the kitchen? Because you can take that mop and shove it directly up yo-- Right. Mesmer thread. This isn't really the place for this conversation, guys.

What's a mop? Are you being sexist and telling me to get back in the kitchen? Because you can take that mop and shove it directly up yo-- Right. Mesmer thread. This isn't really the place for this conversation, guys.
    It's a place to get kel back in the kitchen.

/sigh I wan't to like mantras but null field is such a gorgeous condition remover over resolve.

It's a place to get kel back in the kitchen.

/sigh I wan't to like mantras but null field is such a gorgeous condition remover over resolve.
    I personally am not even a fan of Mantras, never have, never will, do they seem bad? No, not at all, but they don't seem interesting or fun to me... I'ma stick with my manipulations and Glamours... I mean my god!! Arcane Thievery/Echo = AMAZING!!

I tend to use Recovery a fair bit when I'm soloing, or when it's an ultra small ad-hoc group taking on small condition based-champions (like the later Flame Shamans).

I can't group up close to use Null Field on a lot of people, it's got a fairly sizable cooldown,a nd there's not a lot of debuffs that need to be removed, whereas Recovery's just like *pop* It's gone, and I have a backup to do it again. It's the only mantra I've managed to put to any use, even if it is in a limited setting.

The main thing I like about a mantras build, is with the trait, I get three stun breakers on one button.

I just wish the other mantras would be a bit more balanced, not to mention Restorative Mantras. :<
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Restorative Mantras is so bad. It'd be one thing to trigger when using the Mantra, but giving out small splash heals when charging it (which is only reliably doable outside of combat) is quite poor.

Restorative Mantras is so bad. It'd be one thing to trigger when using the Mantra, but giving out small splash heals when charging it (which is only reliably doable outside of combat) is quite poor.
    Ugh that's during the CHARGE? Uuuuuuuuugh... so useless... now i feel bad for asking people why it was bad (IE why a little heal was bad when you could essentially chain gun them)...

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Ugh that's during the CHARGE? Uuuuuuuuugh... so useless... now i feel bad for asking people why it was bad (IE why a little heal was bad when you could essentially chain gun them)...
    Pretty sure I told you it was during the charge like BWE3 or the stress test immediately following it, but you didn't really listen.

Pretty sure I told you it was during the charge like BWE3 or the stress test immediately following it, but you didn't really listen.
    I probably ignored you thinking that was totally a bug because why would they make a trait so shitty right? Yeah... i guess i should've listened..

I am actually a current Priest, and Mesmer is my second favorite character right now.

The first is the warrior, because I am a baddie and it's the easiest one to play

Quote Originally Posted by SoraGrey View Post
    I keep swapping between weapon choices, I have yet to pick a favorite, though I am finding dual swords put out more damage. But, I enjoyed the range style of scepter + pistol more :'(
    I've been going with Staff / Greatsword so far.
    Can't help but feel that Mesmers have 1 too few 1H options and 1 too many offhands. Pistol as a MH would be pretty damn cool.

Not to mention my little fragile Mes running around with a Greatsword gives me American McGee's Alice flashbacks.

Can't help but feel that Mesmers have 1 too few 1H options and 1 too many offhands.
    Yea it was discussed several times. They need to fix scepter first.

Scepters clones shouldn't spawn in melee, but maybe 600 away from the target? Plus attack 1 needs to go faster, the clone generation is too slow.

Another long time Holy Priest checking in! \o

Loving Mesmer so far. I admit that sometimes I miss straight-up healing but try to compensate that by supporting ppl with other skills.

I would love if the Restorative Illusions trait healed other ppl besides yourself (or if we had a Mind Wrack-like shatter that instead of dealing AoE damage did AoE healing...) but hey... maybe someday
    I'll tell you in another life, when we are both cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    Another long time Holy Priest checking in! \o

Loving Mesmer so far. I admit that sometimes I miss straight-up healing but try to compensate that by supporting ppl with other skills.

I would love if the Restorative Illusions trait healed other ppl besides yourself (or if we had a Mind Wrack-like shatter that instead of dealing AoE damage did AoE healing...) but hey... maybe someday
    I'm the first priest to convert to mesmer

so yea... bow down to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    Phantasmal Healing, the 15 point Inspiration minor trait, pulses I believe on a 600 yard radius from every single Phantasm you have up. Seeing as my Sword Phantasms tend to live awhile, most of the time, it's something I run with almost constantly.

I'm the first priest to convert to mesmer

so yea... bow down to me...
    lolno