Can't help but feel that Mesmers have 1 too few 1H options and 1 too many offhands.
    Yea it was discussed several times. They need to fix scepter first.

Scepters clones shouldn't spawn in melee, but maybe 600 away from the target? Plus attack 1 needs to go faster, the clone generation is too slow.

Deleted
    Another long time Holy Priest checking in! \o

Loving Mesmer so far. I admit that sometimes I miss straight-up healing but try to compensate that by supporting ppl with other skills.

I would love if the Restorative Illusions trait healed other ppl besides yourself (or if we had a Mind Wrack-like shatter that instead of dealing AoE damage did AoE healing...) but hey... maybe someday

Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    Another long time Holy Priest checking in! \o

Loving Mesmer so far. I admit that sometimes I miss straight-up healing but try to compensate that by supporting ppl with other skills.

I would love if the Restorative Illusions trait healed other ppl besides yourself (or if we had a Mind Wrack-like shatter that instead of dealing AoE damage did AoE healing...) but hey... maybe someday
    I'm the first priest to convert to mesmer

so yea... bow down to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    Phantasmal Healing, the 15 point Inspiration minor trait, pulses I believe on a 600 yard radius from every single Phantasm you have up. Seeing as my Sword Phantasms tend to live awhile, most of the time, it's something I run with almost constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm the first priest to convert to mesmer

so yea... bow down to me...
    lolno
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a Mesmer b4 it was cool
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    I played a Mesmer b4 it was cool
    I played a ranger before it was cool... oh wait... it still isn't...

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yea it was discussed several times. They need to fix scepter first.

Scepters clones shouldn't spawn in melee, but maybe 600 away from the target? Plus attack 1 needs to go faster, the clone generation is too slow.
    I actually LIKE them being in melee because it gives me a shield to hide behind... however we should totally suggest that we increase scepter attack speed since that'd fix a significant amount of issues with mes.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I actually LIKE them being in melee because it gives me a shield to hide behind... however we should totally suggest that we increase scepter attack speed since that'd fix a significant amount of issues with mes.
    You can hide behind them when they're ranged too, still works. Besides, doesn't this go against your "BUT IF YOU STAND LIKE THE CLONES THEY CAN'T TELL ITS YOU" mantra?

Deleted
    Another long time priest player here too...

Thats a gameplay i made of the 3 tournament games, as a mesmer. It was a pug, so we had no audio communication. But was fun and i decided to post it.

tPvP 1/3 (Forest of Niflhel)

tPvP 2/3 (Legacy of the Foefire)

tPvP 3/3 (Battle of Kyhlo)

in the end we got second place.... the nice is to see the Trebuchet as the main reason.... we didnt go for it at start, so we lost.
    Thanks everyone... and hf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    You can hide behind them when they're ranged too, still works. Besides, doesn't this go against your "BUT IF YOU STAND LIKE THE CLONES THEY CAN'T TELL ITS YOU" mantra?
    doesn't work with scepter 1, it does work with the sword and scepter block, as well as staff 2 though... and once you have a bunch of clones up already then that gets fucking confusing...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I played a ranger before it was cool... oh wait... it still isn't...

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 02:56 PM ----------

I like clones taking a hit, but because they spawn in the aoe that somehow always happens to go into melee... yea no thx.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also works out poorly in regards to the whole "which one is which?" thing. If you notice they're wielding a scepter, and clones are spawning in melee, they're not going to have a hard time with it.

Of course, if you stand in melee, not only is there no projectile travel time, but you'll be right beside your clones, I guess.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, yeah, i've fallen inlove with Mirror today... it's so freaking amazing it's just ridiculous!! no idea why i wanted to use one of those other heals before...

I've really only been playing sword/sword and scepter/something still. Maybe I'm just stuck in a lot of events solo (people have been avoiding them for some reason) but it looks to offer the most utility with damage.

Oh, and how many priests are here? This is getting scary.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I've really only been playing sword/sword and scepter/something still. Maybe I'm just stuck in a lot of events solo (people have been avoiding them for some reason) but it looks to offer the most utility with damage.

Oh, and how many priests are here? This is getting scary.
    I mained a Boomkin/resto druid, but the only other max lv char i ever played ever (and actually played as my main through pretty much all of wrath) was a holy priest

PS: Im not a huge fan of sword, it just doesn't sit right with me... well main hand anyway, i'm a fairly big fan of the offhand sword

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess the priest thing has to do with priests manipulating the minds of their followers

just like in real life? XD
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I have a couple ego-stroking theories on the priest thing:

1. We like challenging gameplay with things to manage
    2. We're used to having to work harder to get decent results (and we LIKE it)

and maybe...
    3. We like our shiny sparkles and the Mesmer is quite the shiny butterfly :3

never leveled any kind of priest.

reppin' rogues over here.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoraGrey View Post
    I have a couple ego-stroking theories on the priest thing:

1. We like challenging gameplay with things to manage
    2. We're used to having to work harder to get decent results (and we LIKE it)

and maybe...
    3. We like our shiny sparkles and the Mesmer is quite the shiny butterfly :3
    Um yeah, no. I've played Shaman, Druid, and Priest. I assure you, Priests do not have to work harder to get decent results. :P
    (nor do I consider Priest healing to be challenging!)

Harder than Paladin maybe, but that doesn't count.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

So about that Scepter Attack speed...
    Link to Gif

Because of how it's chained, it can't trigger the next attack until the first one lands. Thus we have two "melee" weapons, and no actual ranged weapons?

Edit, turned that into a Link, because I'd rather be nice to people browsing on phones (or those of you still on cup and wire connections )