I love my mesmer, my build changed so much though.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You should stop over exaggerating chaos storm. You honestly think I stand in warriors 100 blades and theives pistol whip?Pistol whip isn't the only thing that constantly hits for 10k from a theif fyi. Maybe if you stop over exagerting and stop fighting bads you can see whats going on. Phantasms don't scale well with armor, both Kel and I stack toughness out of our asses I don't know what proffesion you are playing but its obviously not the same.
    How much armor do you have? Is it 3k? And i also have sig of illusion, idk how you get your phantasms killed so fast because i haven't had such issues, maybe you're just doing it wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

The Chaos Storm nerf is throwing my internal clock off . Now I instinctive swap to staff and hit 5 and nothing happens. Haha.

@Kel, didn't really say they nerfed staff in the second paragraph, although yeah it kinda was nerfed 2 skills got upped CD (granted i see that as fairly needed)
    They did nerf staff. Chaos Storm is the only AoE that's not target limited. This hurts the profession as a whole. And why? They don't have a problem with its area use (and it's SMALLER than a cap point, really, or do I need to screen cap and draw circles with MS Paint for you?). Some professions can blanket AoEs, others can't, but the fact is that this is the only one we're given fucking hurts. And no, it's not because of Point Control on its already long as sin cooldown. Bunker Guardians do all that and more, (complete with actual denial, not just weakness with a chance of Daze).

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    How much armor do you have? Is it 3k? And i also have sig of illusion, idk how you get your phantasms killed so fast because i haven't had such issues, maybe you're just doing it wrong?
    Or you're playing in the Mists lobby?

Phantasms don't scale 1:1 with Toughness. They don't. They also don't have a decent health pool. And that Signet of Illusions? It's not an active aura, it's a pulse. And it pulses once every eight seconds. Meaning when you summon, you can go 4-7 seconds easily without actually getting the buff on your Phantasms. It takes <2 seconds to kill them. Do the math.

Durz... you just cease to disappoint me with your condescending bullshit, despite not knowing what the hell you're talking about.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Im on my phone so I cant really check the name of the trait but my question is about the 20points in illusion trait that grants attacks an additional bounce.

I realise it adds one to the staff and Im fairly sure I read it adds another bounce to the pistol number 5. Is it only these two abilities that are affected? I also use a sceptre and it seems like it might 'bounce'. It seems a bit of a weak talent if it really only affects the staff auto attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Im on my phone so I cant really check the name of the trait but my question is about the 20points in illusion trait that grants attacks an additional bounce.

I realise it adds one to the staff and Im fairly sure I read it adds another bounce to the pistol number 5. Is it only these two abilities that are affected? I also use a sceptre and it seems like it might 'bounce'. It seems a bit of a weak talent if it really only affects the staff auto attack.
    It work with staff and trident 1, pistol 5 and all staff and trident clones, I run around with the trait an personally think its quite good, it causes my staff autos to hit the enemy bounce to me, buff me, then bounce back to them hitting them again.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

It also adds one additional bounce to Mirror Blades on the Greatsword.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It also adds one additional bounce to Mirror Blades on the Greatsword.
    Oh really? Forgot that bounces... Btw what's that apply per bounce I don't think I've even picked up the great sword...

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Oh really? Forgot that bounces... Btw what's that apply per bounce I don't think I've even picked up the great sword...
    3 stacks of Vulnerability on enemy, 3 stacks of Might on every ally it bounces to. Creates a clone near the first target it hits (which given the sword hit and where it goes, it doesn't fool anyone). Ridiculously short cooldown, don't expect to run a Phantasm build with this because you're either gimping yourself/your party out of Might/Vulnerability stacks, or you're overwriting Phantasms to have another clone on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    3 stacks of Vulnerability on enemy, 3 stacks of Might on every ally it bounces to. Creates a clone near the first target it hits (which given the sword hit and where it goes, it doesn't fool anyone). Ridiculously short cooldown, don't expect to run a Phantasm build with this because you're either gimping yourself/your party out of Might/Vulnerability stacks, or you're overwriting Phantasms to have another clone on hand.
    Well you could still run a phantasm build, it'd just be a 2 phantasm 1 clone type of build... but i see what you mean, i personally have fallen madly in love with my staff, the only problem with this though is that i don't really have a good weapon (other then torch) to compliment it, scepter has to be used as a shield with con damage instead of a sword due to how poor the damage is unless you have power... I still wish that scepter clones would either apply confusion again or would spawn more clones..

Hadnt considered the bounce on the Trident. That makes the bouncy trait a little better.

Is anyone else disappointed with the Phantasmal Mage? Torch5... His cooldown is super long compared to the Phantasmal Warlock and his damage even with the confusion seems so lackluster. I LOVE The Prestige so much though :-( why is Torch5 so bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Hadnt considered the bounce on the Trident. That makes the bouncy trait a little better.

Is anyone else disappointed with the Phantasmal Mage? Torch5... His cooldown is super long compared to the Phantasmal Warlock and his damage even with the confusion seems so lackluster. I LOVE The Prestige so much though :-( why is Torch5 so bad...
    Torch 5 applies confusion to the enemy he's summoned on and then gives retaliation to all allies near that enemy, it's more of a "Attack, i fucking dare you" sort of thing rather then a raw power thing, Phantasmal mage has brought a good amount of people to their knees because they're the FoTM shortbow spec lol, or a thief...

so

what build and set of weapons you suggest for PvE mesmer after this changes??

I'm still running 20/20/0/25/5 with a gs and dual sword set up, mainly as it's fine for karma farming in Orr with magic find gear. I'm just finding I'm using the gs a lot more than the swords these days...

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5absc3cgd2e5ku. This is a new build I came up with I cant think of a 2nd weapon lol maybe staff or god forbid a greatsword but mainly I was going to use dual swords. Let me know if there are any changes you think should be made. Also can someone tell me if desperate decoy is worth investing in? I heard that stealth breaks pretty easily with it since you can be in the middle of using a move when it happens.

Btw, don't know if this was already mentioned but I tried the trait "Cleansing Conflagration" last night and it's not working with The Prestige (doesn't lower cd neither removes conditions). The trait works fine with Phantasmal Mage though. Sent a bug report about it.
    I'll tell you in another life, when we are both cats.

Mesmers are the only class I try to avoid when 1 on 1 though. They're way too strong at it - Especially with moa bird added.

But all in all, they did a great job with the class - I don't really feel they're too strong at this moment (altough alot of people are whining about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Stynieke View Post
    Mesmers are the only class I try to avoid when 1 on 1 though. They're way too strong at it - Especially with moa bird added.

But all in all, they did a great job with the class - I don't really feel they're too strong at this moment (altough alot of people are whining about it)
    Fun fact, moa bird can be reflected lol, to my surprise in a 1v1 vs a mesmer i reflected moa bird back at him while casting my heal skill Mirror xD *puts another mark under the mirror category* This heal just keeps getting better and better....

Soooo.... I'll get my gw2 soon and I wonder :
    Are scepter/torch mesmers viable in PvE?

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Soooo.... I'll get my gw2 soon and I wonder :
    Are scepter/torch mesmers viable in PvE?
    Yes, however I'd bring a power build if I were you because the auto attack hits like a wet noodle without it and confusion isn't nearly as useless in PVE as it is in PvP (players are dumb an attack all the time mobs wait until they can get onto you)