Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Zito... you just cease to disappoint me with your nearsightedness, the staff nerf (although saddening) is kinda needed, the fact i can throw down chaos storms in the middle of a cap point in PvP and be able to keep any bunker off there and eventually cap it from underneath them is kinda ridiculous...

However, they did buff staff by making it so you can use your armor more so that kinda counteracts it, and due to how amazingly powerful phantasams are it makes sense (and i was awaiting) the nerf on them, especially since they can completely devastate people!!
    Durz, uhh, they didn't nerf staff. They nerfed Chaos Storm (the only non-target restricted AoE Mesmers have), and pretty much all Phantasms (except Berserker, which kills itself often enough?).

Phantasm builds are no longer allowed to have momentum, to build up steam. Except they weren't buffed and limited to one, they still shatter or die in a single hit, but are expected to carry how much of our offensive pressure, but now they're pushing it as if they want it to take a minute or more before a Mesmer can reach their full damage potential (assuming some Phantasms live longer than one attack cycle).

Chaos Storm as a Point Cap is mediocre damage, but moderate levels of mitigating conditions at work. Staff doesn't have the knockback of Greatsword, or any of the deniability of a Guardian (who literally can find how many ways to say GTFO), area coverage like a well necro (with actual condition damage).

If people stand in Chaos Storm, they take damage and weakness and whatever else. If they move off to the side they can still cap a point (and are even free to decide which dorection they go, unlike Guardians), and keep doing damage. Shucks, you can't reach the Mesmer dancing in the middle? Pull out your ranged weapon and smack her hard. Same with a Guardian, a mobile ranger, whatever. Chaos Storm, the ONE aoe the class has that's not target restricted isn't exclusive in this.

They have no idea what they even want Phantasms to do. Most of the traits don't even fucking work (Fury, Haste, Retal, and the lags from Regen except on Duellist...?). Stop using your "I can kill bads so easily, the class needs nerfs" as justification for these nerfs (which only make it harder on Mesmers) but do nothing to fix the issues people are having with the class or even why people are having trouble against Mesmers in the first place.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Zito... you just cease to disappoint me with your nearsightedness, the staff nerf (although saddening) is kinda needed, the fact i can throw down chaos storms in the middle of a cap point in PvP and be able to keep any bunker off there and eventually cap it from underneath them is kinda ridiculous...
    Any bunker? Sorry chaos storm does not have the radius of a cap point, a person can easily dodge out of the storm and step on the edge and still cap or prevent capping. What do guardians have? I'm sure all the time you spend in PvP you notice what defensive guardians can do at the clocktower and prevent you from capping. It is down right annoying. Does that get nerfed? No.

Phantasms are not amazingly powerful. If anyone had half a brain in PvP they would notice all you had to do to kill a phantasms was target it, release one fireball, and re target your target or better yet, place an aoe (which mesmers lack direct aoe) and not worry about phantasms. They have horrible survival and phantasms is where all our damage comes from. Yet a kittening theif gets 10k damage wraped up in one attack and he doesn't have to worry about his attacking dying because oh look the attack is coming from him. Did theives get nerfed? Yea 15% is hardly a nerf, it's only to one skill and it still hits like a kitten truck it did nothing more then shave 1k damage off of it. Dagger and pistol damage still remains OP which is the reason why you see theives do nothing but glass cannon.

So now that after 2 seconds you summon your phantasms is dead you have to wait 20 seconds before you can summon another. Not to mention waiting for phantasms attack recharge is better then shattering them making shattering useless.

Sorry staff did not deserve this nerf neither did phantasms, when are 50 bugs are fixed yea maybe they would end up too strong but sorry it is absolute crap we got nerfed for bads whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well seeing as how you 2 have piss poor phantasm defense i'm going to have to say toughness scales incredibly well on phantasms! I have 3k armor on my mesmer about 1.5k con damage, and then a handful of healing, and my clones never really die.. ESPECIALLY phantasms, it tends to be i shatter them long before i destroy them, but then again i don't rely on them for my entire damage output so that my be different...

And you can even ask larynx, he's given up on killing my illusions because it's just not getting anywhere and the punishment for killing them (cripple and random con) isn't worth the time, and the fact i'll pull another one up about as quickly as the first died, if not faster.

@Kel, didn't really say they nerfed staff in the second paragraph, although yeah it kinda was nerfed 2 skills got upped CD (granted i see that as fairly needed)

@Zito well you seem to be a champion among champions if you think thief is OP because you get stuck in their pistol whip, that's like saying "Warriors are OP because their 1 hundred blades kills me!" it's the same concept, they're one trick ponies no more no less. And for the chaos storm comment, one chaos storm on a point is enough to make everyone scatter seeing as how that thing dazes a lot, as well as reducing their heal, weakening their attacks, and chilling them, and you'd be surprised how many people just say "Fuck the point!" and flee for their lives when they're hit with a 4 second daze followed up with 16 stacks of confusion and random other conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Well seeing as how you 2 have piss poor phantasm defense i'm going to have to say toughness scales incredibly well on phantasms! I have 3k armor on my mesmer about 1.5k con damage, and then a handful of healing, and my clones never really die.. ESPECIALLY phantasms, it tends to be i shatter them long before i destroy them, but then again i don't rely on them for my entire damage output so that my be different...

And you can even ask larynx, he's given up on killing my illusions because it's just not getting anywhere and the punishment for killing them (cripple and random con) isn't worth the time, and the fact i'll pull another one up about as quickly as the first died, if not faster.

@Kel, didn't really say they nerfed staff in the second paragraph, although yeah it kinda was nerfed 2 skills got upped CD (granted i see that as fairly needed)

@Zito well you seem to be a champion among champions if you think thief is OP because you get stuck in their pistol whip, that's like saying "Warriors are OP because their 1 hundred blades kills me!" it's the same concept, they're one trick ponies no more no less. And for the chaos storm comment, one chaos storm on a point is enough to make everyone scatter seeing as how that thing dazes a lot, as well as reducing their heal, weakening their attacks, and chilling them, and you'd be surprised how many people just say "Fuck the point!" and flee for their lives when they're hit with a 4 second daze followed up with 16 stacks of confusion and random other conditions.
    You should stop over exaggerating chaos storm. You honestly think I stand in warriors 100 blades and theives pistol whip?Pistol whip isn't the only thing that constantly hits for 10k from a theif fyi. Maybe if you stop over exagerting and stop fighting bads you can see whats going on. Phantasms don't scale well with armor, both Kel and I stack toughness out of our asses I don't know what proffesion you are playing but its obviously not the same.

I love my mesmer, my build changed so much though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You should stop over exaggerating chaos storm. You honestly think I stand in warriors 100 blades and theives pistol whip?Pistol whip isn't the only thing that constantly hits for 10k from a theif fyi. Maybe if you stop over exagerting and stop fighting bads you can see whats going on. Phantasms don't scale well with armor, both Kel and I stack toughness out of our asses I don't know what proffesion you are playing but its obviously not the same.
    How much armor do you have? Is it 3k? And i also have sig of illusion, idk how you get your phantasms killed so fast because i haven't had such issues, maybe you're just doing it wrong?
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

The Chaos Storm nerf is throwing my internal clock off . Now I instinctive swap to staff and hit 5 and nothing happens. Haha.

They did nerf staff. Chaos Storm is the only AoE that's not target limited. This hurts the profession as a whole. And why? They don't have a problem with its area use (and it's SMALLER than a cap point, really, or do I need to screen cap and draw circles with MS Paint for you?). Some professions can blanket AoEs, others can't, but the fact is that this is the only one we're given fucking hurts. And no, it's not because of Point Control on its already long as sin cooldown. Bunker Guardians do all that and more, (complete with actual denial, not just weakness with a chance of Daze).

How much armor do you have? Is it 3k? And i also have sig of illusion, idk how you get your phantasms killed so fast because i haven't had such issues, maybe you're just doing it wrong?
    Or you're playing in the Mists lobby?

Phantasms don't scale 1:1 with Toughness. They don't. They also don't have a decent health pool. And that Signet of Illusions? It's not an active aura, it's a pulse. And it pulses once every eight seconds. Meaning when you summon, you can go 4-7 seconds easily without actually getting the buff on your Phantasms. It takes <2 seconds to kill them. Do the math.

Durz... you just cease to disappoint me with your condescending bullshit, despite not knowing what the hell you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im on my phone so I cant really check the name of the trait but my question is about the 20points in illusion trait that grants attacks an additional bounce.

I realise it adds one to the staff and Im fairly sure I read it adds another bounce to the pistol number 5. Is it only these two abilities that are affected? I also use a sceptre and it seems like it might 'bounce'. It seems a bit of a weak talent if it really only affects the staff auto attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Im on my phone so I cant really check the name of the trait but my question is about the 20points in illusion trait that grants attacks an additional bounce.

I realise it adds one to the staff and Im fairly sure I read it adds another bounce to the pistol number 5. Is it only these two abilities that are affected? I also use a sceptre and it seems like it might 'bounce'. It seems a bit of a weak talent if it really only affects the staff auto attack.
    It work with staff and trident 1, pistol 5 and all staff and trident clones, I run around with the trait an personally think its quite good, it causes my staff autos to hit the enemy bounce to me, buff me, then bounce back to them hitting them again.

It also adds one additional bounce to Mirror Blades on the Greatsword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It also adds one additional bounce to Mirror Blades on the Greatsword.
    Oh really? Forgot that bounces... Btw what's that apply per bounce I don't think I've even picked up the great sword...

Oh really? Forgot that bounces... Btw what's that apply per bounce I don't think I've even picked up the great sword...
    3 stacks of Vulnerability on enemy, 3 stacks of Might on every ally it bounces to. Creates a clone near the first target it hits (which given the sword hit and where it goes, it doesn't fool anyone). Ridiculously short cooldown, don't expect to run a Phantasm build with this because you're either gimping yourself/your party out of Might/Vulnerability stacks, or you're overwriting Phantasms to have another clone on hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    3 stacks of Vulnerability on enemy, 3 stacks of Might on every ally it bounces to. Creates a clone near the first target it hits (which given the sword hit and where it goes, it doesn't fool anyone). Ridiculously short cooldown, don't expect to run a Phantasm build with this because you're either gimping yourself/your party out of Might/Vulnerability stacks, or you're overwriting Phantasms to have another clone on hand.
    Well you could still run a phantasm build, it'd just be a 2 phantasm 1 clone type of build... but i see what you mean, i personally have fallen madly in love with my staff, the only problem with this though is that i don't really have a good weapon (other then torch) to compliment it, scepter has to be used as a shield with con damage instead of a sword due to how poor the damage is unless you have power... I still wish that scepter clones would either apply confusion again or would spawn more clones..

10+ Year Old Account
    Hadnt considered the bounce on the Trident. That makes the bouncy trait a little better.

Is anyone else disappointed with the Phantasmal Mage? Torch5... His cooldown is super long compared to the Phantasmal Warlock and his damage even with the confusion seems so lackluster. I LOVE The Prestige so much though :-( why is Torch5 so bad...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Hadnt considered the bounce on the Trident. That makes the bouncy trait a little better.

Is anyone else disappointed with the Phantasmal Mage? Torch5... His cooldown is super long compared to the Phantasmal Warlock and his damage even with the confusion seems so lackluster. I LOVE The Prestige so much though :-( why is Torch5 so bad...
    Torch 5 applies confusion to the enemy he's summoned on and then gives retaliation to all allies near that enemy, it's more of a "Attack, i fucking dare you" sort of thing rather then a raw power thing, Phantasmal mage has brought a good amount of people to their knees because they're the FoTM shortbow spec lol, or a thief...

Deleted
    so

what build and set of weapons you suggest for PvE mesmer after this changes??

Deleted
    I'm still running 20/20/0/25/5 with a gs and dual sword set up, mainly as it's fine for karma farming in Orr with magic find gear. I'm just finding I'm using the gs a lot more than the swords these days...

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5absc3cgd2e5ku. This is a new build I came up with I cant think of a 2nd weapon lol maybe staff or god forbid a greatsword but mainly I was going to use dual swords. Let me know if there are any changes you think should be made. Also can someone tell me if desperate decoy is worth investing in? I heard that stealth breaks pretty easily with it since you can be in the middle of using a move when it happens.

Deleted
    Btw, don't know if this was already mentioned but I tried the trait "Cleansing Conflagration" last night and it's not working with The Prestige (doesn't lower cd neither removes conditions). The trait works fine with Phantasmal Mage though. Sent a bug report about it.