2) sPvP
    3) WvW

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    What are the top builds in your opinion for:

1) PvE
    2) sPvP
    3) WvW
    Anything with a greatsword....

Help me out please it seems that every time I ask people who know don't answer:

Could some one tell me what the 2.2 Toughness 22k HP build looks like?

Also what does a Phantasm GS Pric/Powr build looks like?

Both questions are from a PvP perspective.

Thanks

Deleted
    Quick question that just came to mind: if I trait for glamours inflicting blindness, does a feedback bubble make a foe miss itself (and thus also not applying confusion)?

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    I switched to a 20-20-20-5-5 all swords build today and geared for a bit of precision. I'm far from a glass cannon atm but I only have 30percent crit chance. This will improve another 5-10percent as I change my trinkets. In my swords and greatsword I have put Sigils of Earth... 60percent chance to apply a bleed on crit.

1- My clones benefit from this as well, correct? Or is it only the crit talents in the Precision line that let them apply bleeds.

2- Does the greatsword count as three attacks/three chances to proc?

3- In a build that lacks condition damage, are these Sigil bleeds actually effective when compared to plus 5percent damage or 30percent chance to cause a lightning strike?

The lack of damage meters and an inability to debuff practice targets makes it really hard to evaluate my builds.

I really like the idea of full swords and swords that cause bleeding seems natural to me. I'm not after pure min/maxxing, but if my choice is pretty bad then I'll likely change.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    I switched to a 20-20-20-5-5 all swords build today and geared for a bit of precision. I'm far from a glass cannon atm but I only have 30percent crit chance. This will improve another 5-10percent as I change my trinkets. In my swords and greatsword I have put Sigils of Earth... 60percent chance to apply a bleed on crit.

1- My clones benefit from this as well, correct? Or is it only the crit talents in the Precision line that let them apply bleeds.

2- Does the greatsword count as three attacks/three chances to proc?

3- In a build that lacks condition damage, are these Sigil bleeds actually effective when compared to plus 5percent damage or 30percent chance to cause a lightning strike?

The lack of damage meters and an inability to debuff practice targets makes it really hard to evaluate my builds.

I really like the idea of full swords and swords that cause bleeding seems natural to me. I'm not after pure min/maxxing, but if my choice is pretty bad then I'll likely change.
    1) Clones don't inherit sigils
    2) Yes but earth sigil has a 2 sec Icd (because of beta where rangers abused its OPness of not having an ICD)
    3) Lightning strike would be better in this situation and in a sword power build bleed from illusion crits is all you are going to need in terms of bleed

Mesmer swords are illusions, lore wise mesmer don't have physical combat attributes so the attacks mind stab and mind slash is literally an extension of your sword (produced by illusions) to stab or slash your foe internally without physically doing anything.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-11-06 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    1) Clones don't inherit sigils
    2) Yes but earth sigil has a 2 sec Icd (because of beta where rangers abused its OPness of not having an ICD)
    3) Lightning strike would be better in this situation and in a sword power build bleed from illusion crits is all you are going to need in terms of bleed

Mesmer swords are illusions, lore wise mesmer don't have physical combat attributes so the attacks mind stab and mind slash is literally an extension of your sword (produced by illusions) to stab or slash your foe internally without physically doing anything.
    Nah you physically swing your arm Zito!! Geez, you mesmers just getting lazier and lazier...
    I would PERSONALLY use the fire sigil with his build, but then again I just like watching fiery explosions erupt from the target scorching everything nearby!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

+5% dmg (or crit) are both very useless unless you have the same weapon twice and don't mind switching from one to another (which can be a hastle)
    If you're "lazy" sigils that give +10power/prec/cond on kill are better than the ones that give raw bonuses. If you're using s+p/staff it can be handy to get two swords one with a +10x/kill and one with might on crit so you start off with the +10/kill and swap when you get 25stacks. (for clarity you get S1 and S2 your weaponsets would be S1+p/staff and with "swap" S2+p/staff not S1+p/S2+p)

A big issue is that static sigils feel strong but usually aren't great, if you're using any sort of condition damage (confusion gets applied by nearly all mesmers regardless of spec) might helps out.

All this is ofc also true for most other classes.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-11-06 at 04:49 PM.

So I took some tweaking to my build and ended up finding myself more in line with Taugrim's "Legion build" than I'd planned. Not sure if I can afford to drop the emeralds for rubies, but we'll see where the new runes and sigils will take me (why did I not think about Fire on Greatsword's supremely lacking AoE? I mean honestly).

That said, I'm broke again, just in time for someone to give me a link "I finally found a sword model you'll like!"
    Code:
    [&AgFdeQAA]

Now where the fuck am I going to get 145 gold? /sigh

Edit: Yes, that is the sword your Phantasm uses.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-11-08 at 06:39 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post

Obviously running dungeons w/ glytch
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

So I took some tweaking to my build and ended up finding myself more in line with Taugrim's "Legion build" than I'd planned. Not sure if I can afford to drop the emeralds for rubies, but we'll see where the new runes and sigils will take me (why did I not think about Fire on Greatsword's supremely lacking AoE? I mean honestly).

That said, I'm broke again, just in time for someone to give me a link "I finally found a sword model you'll like!"
    Code:
    [&AgFdeQAA]

You can also get the Greatsword or the pistol if it makes you feel better!

Code:
    [&AgFdeQAA]

What sword is that D:?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    Quick question that just came to mind: if I trait for glamours inflicting blindness, does a feedback bubble make a foe miss itself (and thus also not applying confusion)?

Thanks in advance
    I was wondering this myself actually, haven't been able to find a straight answer. It's the main reason I haven't gotten that trait. I think since it only applies blindness once and the bubble lasts longer you don't get a full overlap and enemies can still confuse themselves by comboing their reflected projectiles after the first blind, however a lot of mobs only cast once every few seconds which is usually the duration of the bubble so you'd only get 1 reflect. Possibly the trait is more aimed at pvp?

@Zito It's called Whisperblade - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whisperblade you can craft it in the forge

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    @Zito It's called Whisperblade - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whisperblade you can craft it in the forge
    so expensive....

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    You can also get the Greatsword or the pistol if it makes you feel better!
    Nope. Greatsword effects can't really be seen all that well, it's why getting a Legendary Greatsword is pointless as a Mesmer. You can't see the blade itself beneath the ridiculously oversaturated purple effects, and we don't actually "swing" during regular use to get the trail effect. It's why I run with the "Ebonblade" model. It's pretty, it's sexy in its sleekness, and it also is a decent model to be FIRIN MA LAZORS off the end of it.

What sword is that D:?
    so expensive....
    Whisperblade. And yes, yes it is. Hence the "Where the hell am I going to get 145 gold from?"

Quote Originally Posted by Swoopeh View Post
    I was wondering this myself actually, haven't been able to find a straight answer. It's the main reason I haven't gotten that trait. I think since it only applies blindness once and the bubble lasts longer you don't get a full overlap and enemies can still confuse themselves by comboing their reflected projectiles after the first blind, however a lot of mobs only cast once every few seconds which is usually the duration of the bubble so you'd only get 1 reflect. Possibly the trait is more aimed at pvp?
    The trait applies Blind every time that someone (re)enters the area of effect. So they'd only be blinded once. Realistically speaking, wasn't a fan of the trait to begin with, and yes the Blind would cause their reflected stuff from Feedback to miss.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    A confusion set would be awesome! I asked myself the question why there is none for confusion several times I actually enjoyed doing sPvP in a tanky scepter/pistol build centered around confusion/bleeds and I resorted to Undead set since I think that's the one that maximizes condition damage in general.

And yeah, make it available for PvE as well.
    I run with that sort of build. It's really nice to use it shatterplay style and just deliver an onslaught of clones at a targtet. They're so freaked out by the 6-9 incoming copies that they just start making mistakes. Then you come in with your Illusionary Leap, sword at the ready and deliver the blurred frenzy while they freak out and kill themselves.

You can also run that as a 0/25/20/10/15 and pick up Vigorous Revelation in the Inspiration tree if you're feeling particularly nasty as well.
    Last edited by Veliladon; 2012-11-09 at 06:39 AM.

Nope. Greatsword effects can't really be seen all that well, it's why getting a Legendary Greatsword is pointless as a Mesmer. You can't see the blade itself beneath the ridiculously oversaturated purple effects, and we don't actually "swing" during regular use to get the trail effect. It's why I run with the "Ebonblade" model. It's pretty, it's sexy in its sleekness, and it also is a decent model to be FIRIN MA LAZORS off the end of it.
    I meant you can get the same looking Greatsword your Phantasms or Illusions have equiped . And I'm not sure about the Legendary, I've seen some videos and it looks really cool on Mesmers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoopeh View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you, I'm starting to think it is indeed more of a pvp (specially WvW) trait. The way I see it, if you pop feedback on a player (or bunch) they have 2 choices: either stay inside and eat their own shots or, the most obvious, move away from the bubble. In this case, blind was already applied so they would miss their first attack. But, running also the "confusion when entering/leaving glamours" trait, actually punishes them for even attacking at all so this combination could indeed lead to a shutdown of the player (or at least doubts in her head). This only makes sense for pvp enemies ofc, ranged npcs tend to just stay inside the feedback which I think de-values the trait for those enemies.

After running some dungeons with my glamour/blind build, I'm starting to have second thoughts about it for pve. I mean, I think the build is awesome for WvW, but for dungeons... I don't know, feels a bit lackluster. I like to play as more of a support role but some of those glamour traits feel a bit wasted for dungeon runs... well, even confusion seems not worth it most of the time...

Gahhh, I don't want a mantra build, glamour/blind build seems weak... what in earth should I spec for dungeons to play as support then? questions, questions :S