10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you, I'm starting to think it is indeed more of a pvp (specially WvW) trait. The way I see it, if you pop feedback on a player (or bunch) they have 2 choices: either stay inside and eat their own shots or, the most obvious, move away from the bubble. In this case, blind was already applied so they would miss their first attack. But, running also the "confusion when entering/leaving glamours" trait, actually punishes them for even attacking at all so this combination could indeed lead to a shutdown of the player (or at least doubts in her head). This only makes sense for pvp enemies ofc, ranged npcs tend to just stay inside the feedback which I think de-values the trait for those enemies.

After running some dungeons with my glamour/blind build, I'm starting to have second thoughts about it for pve. I mean, I think the build is awesome for WvW, but for dungeons... I don't know, feels a bit lackluster. I like to play as more of a support role but some of those glamour traits feel a bit wasted for dungeon runs... well, even confusion seems not worth it most of the time...

Gahhh, I don't want a mantra build, glamour/blind build seems weak... what in earth should I spec for dungeons to play as support then? questions, questions :S
    Actually in PvE it's even better because mobs are stupid and will eat not only their reflected damage but the damage from confusion as well, because, you know, it's the intelligent thing to do xD

WARNING: A lot of higher lv ranged mobs will actually run OUT of feedback and other reflective things to shoot, so it's not nearly as effective on some of the more intelligent mobs, but it's still effective due to the it takes them 1-2 shots to figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Actually in PvE it's even better because mobs are stupid and will eat not only their reflected damage but the damage from confusion as well, because, you know, it's the intelligent thing to do xD
    But they won't with the trait being discussed (apply blindness on the glamour area), that's the whole point

10+ Year Old Account
    But they won't with the trait being discussed (apply blindness on the glamour area), that's the whole point
    They get confusion for entering IE: you use feedback they are considered entering the field and get nailed with the confusion
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    They get confusion for entering IE: you use feedback they are considered entering the field and get nailed with the confusion
    I know how it works mate, but we're discussing the application of blindness by the glamours here ("Dazzling Glamours" trait), not confusion

10+ Year Old Account
    I know how it works mate, but we're discussing the application of blindness by the glamours here ("Dazzling Glamours" trait), not confusion
    Ah my bad lol, you wouldn't want to use feedback then cause then they miss themselves... Something like null field, portal, or veil on the other hand...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah you physically swing your arm Zito!! Geez, you mesmers just getting lazier and lazier...
    I would PERSONALLY use the fire sigil with his build, but then again I just like watching fiery explosions erupt from the target scorching everything nearby!!

Added the fire signet to the GS.... Wow....

I'd probably put 'em on the Swords too if they weren't so crazy expensive.

-----

Bit surprised how much more effective this 20-20-20-5-5 build is than my previous one. I don't feel like I lost much survivability either considering the vigour on crits ability allows me pretty much permanent dodge.

Man.. I hate change, but this was a bloody good one.

Wondering if I should shift the phantasm retaliation passive so I can pick up the 10 pointer in illusion. Leaning towards it atm... my phantasms don't seem to make too much use out of it.
    Last edited by Cyphran; 2012-11-09 at 05:34 PM.

So John mentioned so far the patch notes for the next patch is 5 pages long and mesmer have the least amount of changes of everyone.

I swear if torch isn't fixed....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Wondering if I should shift the phantasm retaliation passive so I can pick up the 10 pointer in illusion. Leaning towards it atm... my phantasms don't seem to make too much use out of it.
    I don't think it'd be that much use. The trait options aren't terrible but don't really stand out. Meanwhile Confusing Combatants (Dueling 25) is absolutely amazing. I'd implore you to at least take a look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So John mentioned so far the patch notes for the next patch is 5 pages long and mesmer have the least amount of changes of everyone.

I swear if torch isn't fixed....
    Torch is fine!! And I'm not surprised they're like that they said they're reworking just about very ranger utility (seriously, thank god) and I think engie? Idk someone else was getting major love as well idk who...

Although.... If they buff the torch phantasm I'd be fine too....

Torch is fine!! And I'm not surprised they're like that they said they're reworking just about very ranger utility (seriously, thank god) and I think engie? Idk someone else was getting major love as well idk who...

Although.... If they buff the torch phantasm I'd be fine too....
    Torch phantasm is a joke, I just use it for shatter if I ever use torch. The torch fire aoe needs to be at the start of entering stealth not at the end, there are various reasons why you can't keep the stealth channeled all the way just for the burn.

The torch trait is broken. Removing only 1 condition at the end of the channel.

Torch phantasm is a joke, I just use it for shatter if I ever use torch. The torch fire aoe needs to be at the start of entering stealth not at the end, there are various reasons why you can't keep the stealth channeled all the way just for the burn.

Yeah, I haven't used a torch since like level 15. I only use focus for the speed boost, too. The warden is useless, in my opinion. It doesn't move, so if the mob/boss moves, it renders the warden useless. The only phantasms I use regularly are the duelist and berserker, and sometimes the warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    Yeah, I haven't used a torch since like level 15. I only use focus for the speed boost, too. The warden is useless, in my opinion. It doesn't move, so if the mob/boss moves, it renders the warden useless. The only phantasms I use regularly are the duelist and berserker, and sometimes the warlock.
    warden use to be good till it got a 10 second cooldown inbetween its attacks. Eventhough in the patch notes it clearly says its suppose to have a 5 sec cd when traited....

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:01 PM ----------

Also just discovered arcane theivery only transfers 4 boons and conditions.

/sad panda

warden use to be good till it got a 10 second cooldown inbetween its attacks. Eventhough in the patch notes it clearly says its suppose to have a 5 sec cd when traited....

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:01 PM ----------

Also just discovered arcane theivery only transfers 4 boons and conditions.

/sad panda
    Hopefully they fix the warden, then. I haven't used arcane thievery in forever, so I hadn't noticed.

What builds are most of you using now? I'm running a phantasms build currently using the sword/pistol and GS. Traits are 20/20/0/10/20

Hopefully they fix the warden, then. I haven't used arcane thievery in forever, so I hadn't noticed.

What builds are most of you using now? I'm running a phantasms build currently using the sword/pistol and GS. Traits are 20/20/0/10/20
    Every skill a mesmer has contridicts itself so I'm just using a shatter confusion build atm. Pro tip, don't bother stacking condition damage with confusion. It's really not worth it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 11:09 PM ----------

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...imic-feedback/

So an interesting discovery has happened on the skill mimic.

This is why I hate tooltips in this game.

If warden didn't suck now I'd make one hell of a reflection build. Lets see if they fix warden after the new patch. If it isn't fixed. It is intended and we are doooooooommmeeed
    Last edited by zito; 2012-11-10 at 11:11 PM.

Which build would you say is the best for damage output and survivability? I am looking for a good build for WvW and dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account

why the hell would you want the fire to be at the beginning? I would much rather blind them to ensure i'm gonna not eat that hit they're going to throw at me, and either be long gone from the fight where the burn doesn't matter, or reenter it with a BANG!!

And the phantasam seems good to me... confusion on enemy and retaliation to allies near the enemy? fuck hows that bad?

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:22 AM ----------

Which build would you say is the best for damage output and survivability? I am looking for a good build for WvW and dungeons.
    The nightmare doesn't end until i say so.

Interesting build. Is there anything similar to it that uses the GS? I really enjoy the GS. I have also been playing with Mimic and Feedback more. What about Sigil of Inspiration? I really do like the idea of it, does it have a purpose in WvW and dungeons, really?

And the phantasam seems good to me... confusion on enemy and retaliation to allies near the enemy? fuck hows that bad?
    It wouldn't be bad, if as a Phantasm it also did damage on its own. It doesn't. And that one stack of confusion it does, to a single target?

On paper it sounds nice. In effect it's not. With regards to the Prestige effect, I'd rather it be a timed buff compared to a channel. Attacking breaks early with no effect, but it shouldn't be a channel at all. Fire and Blind effects fit thematically, and would be effective in their current set up, if only you weren't limited to a channel.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It wouldn't be bad, if as a Phantasm it also did damage on its own. It doesn't. And that one stack of confusion it does, to a single target?

On paper it sounds nice. In effect it's not. With regards to the Prestige effect, I'd rather it be a timed buff compared to a channel. Attacking breaks early with no effect, but it shouldn't be a channel at all. Fire and Blind effects fit thematically, and would be effective in their current set up, if only you weren't limited to a channel.
    Now THIS i agree with... if there was no channel i would think the skill would be perfect (although arguably could be OP because that'd allow you to swap weapons and open up with something else, which i would LOVE to enter with more then just a brilliant explosion of purple flames.... but you can probably see where i'm coming from...)

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that illusionary mage does damage on its own, i know this because i've heard the bitching and moaning from larynx about how said, and i quote, "That fucking illusionary mage dealt 18k damage to me!! That's fucking bull shit!!"

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:15 PM ----------

Interesting build. Is there anything similar to it that uses the GS? I really enjoy the GS. I have also been playing with Mimic and Feedback more. What about Sigil of Inspiration? I really do like the idea of it, does it have a purpose in WvW and dungeons, really?
    I've used it a good deal in sPvP (it completely WRECKS bunkers), i've also used it in WvW where it was highly effective against the zerg, targeting someone in the middle and causing 6+ stacks of confusion to erupt onto the crowd makes them melt, especially since most zerg aren't intelligent enough to stop shooting when getting their face melted by attacking...

Dungeons, no idea, but i'd IMAGINE that it's highly effective in there especially against bosses, the entire strength of the build is how much sustain and burst damage you can do, as well as being able to control if you need to.

For greatsword you'd need to switch it up a bit, a great sword build would need to focus less on condition damage due to the lack of it utilizing this (however a vast amount of your damage comes from confusion which you primarily get from either Scepter or shatters so it MAY work without any trait point changes, some majors would be nice though.)

IF you swapped to great sword it'd be used more second hand where as with the current build that's the scepters role, the greatsword would allow some very nice control/utility though which is always good!!

As for the utilities, i just put my personal favorites, the only one i WOULDNT remove is mirror images, i also wouldn't remove mass invis because that just seems to be the greatest elite mesmers have because it is a total game changer when used properly and allows you to come back into combat while pretending to be a clone and most enemies in pvp will just completely move past you thinking you're just another clone.

PS: there is no limit on the amount of people affected by it unless that was changed recently, i know i got an entire zerg with it in WvW, you can only IMAGINE how confused the enemy zerg was.

Deleted
    I can say without a shadow of a doubt that illusionary mage does damage on its own, i know this because i've heard the bitching and moaning from larynx about how said, and i quote, "That fucking illusionary mage dealt 18k damage to me!! That's fucking bull shit!!"[COLOR="red"]
    maybe he meant the Illusionary Warlock... this thing crits for like 7,5k.