I am all for passing the curse of portal onto other professions. It really is a good thing, might finally see some actual mobility buffs once our OP portal is not ours anymore.
    We already got our mobility buff. It's every 10 seconds you have a 1/10 chance to gain swiftness.

herp derp herp

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Did they say they're handing it out? And portal is hardly "too strong" in the current meta where everyone runs the same sort of build yeah it is, but more times then not my team would make their little "portal the group back!" Strategy backfire by taking all the other points...
    Portal cd was nerfed to 90 seconds because it was too strong. I don't have the quote on me but yea.... from the history of mesmer changes... it's pretty stupid.

Portal also has charges on it, not everyone can use it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Portal also has charges on it, not everyone can use it.
    -_-' yeah, 20 charges, that's hardly limiting in most scenarios.

@zito well I understand that, 60 was a bit ridiculous, I was referring to how it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I'd rather see Portal removed than given to other professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    I'd rather see Portal removed than given to other professions.
    This, I'd rather they just leave it as is if that's an option though, but if that's not I'd rather they give mes another utility skill (or the frequently asked make Moa a utility and give them a new elite) and scrap portal.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Imo portal is only really "broken" in sPvP so making it so you can't bring it there is the best fix. For wvw I really don't care there are plenty of mesmers running around at any given time so it should be even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Imo portal is only really "broken" in sPvP so making it so you can't bring it there is the best fix. For wvw I really don't care there are plenty of mesmers running around at any given time so it should be even.
    Portal isn't broken in sPvP, ATM the top teams use it and everyone else copies them instead of thinking for themselves, as I said earlier its pretty easy to turn portal into a wasted spot by sending someone that can A) counter their Mesmer and B) live long enough in a 1v5 so that their team all rushing back ends up screwing them.

My team of old had both rolled up into 2 people (MM necro was a monster at holding then all off and for what ever reason raped shatter mesmers super quickly... I still don't know how he did it...)

MM necro was a monster at holding then all off and for what ever reason raped shatter mesmers super quickly... I still don't know how he did it...
    Assuming minion master, his minions took the shatter hits, the majority of his damage or death shroud took the damage.

Shatter mesmers don't really run condition removal either so if he did condition + minion that is what probably did him in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Assuming minion master, his minions took the shatter hits, the majority of his damage or death shroud took the damage.

Shatter mesmers don't really run condition removal either so if he did condition + minion that is what probably did him in.
    I was thinking the minions are all the damage the mes did as well, i always forget mes are bad with condi removal by default (my mes runs AT LEAST one condi dump, normally the mantra) so that could've been why he did so much damage to them too.

The thing with portal is mobility. Getting to your base when people are trying to cap is amasing and means that you can have bunkers move around, instead of playing catchup or 4v5.
    Splitting also doesn't help since depending on howmany players you cap with, that's howmany there are going to go through the portal (mes, mes+bunk, mes+bunk+thief,...)
    a) anyone can use the portal, and bunkers in general don't have the time to cap stuff
    b) why do you think everyone would run back? most teams consist of 2bunkers 2roamers (mes included) and then one more depending on preference, it's quite easy to deduce what's capping on the other side and who to send in through portals. Giving roamers time to fall back to wherever.

This, I'd rather they just leave it as is if that's an option though, but if that's not I'd rather they give mes another utility skill (or the frequently asked make Moa a utility and give them a new elite) and scrap portal.
    Moa is too strong to be utility. You would have to shorten the duration or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Moa is too strong to be utility. You would have to shorten the duration or something.
    I thought that was implied....

I thought that was implied....
    Well then we are on the same page.

From the official boards:
    Trident now applies bleeds, and so do trident clones (no longer apply confusion). Illusionary whaler now applies 4 confusion not bleeds.
    I am not really upset about the change but I am getting sick of this hunt to see what they didn’t tell us about.
    ...have to say I'm not surprised and kinda agree myself.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    From the official boards:
    ...have to say I'm not surprised and kinda agree myself.
    Really wish conditions went class specific. Like I can get a warrior inflicting bleeds but a mesmer sends a ribbon of music at the foe and it inflicts a bleed...? That's just my realistic side talking, but it seems like they have no idea what to do with confusion.

Trident clones were extremely OP even for P/P/% builds so this was more a fix than a buff.

I am all for fixes, but god am I sick of the retarded speed at which Anet seems to be developing their game. Just cleaning up beta oversights seems like an enormous challenge for them, let alone balancing anything and actually fixing new bugs. It turns me off more than I can describe. And to think that this is still the early stages of the game. It looks like they have 3 people left on the job. I just..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Really wish conditions went class specific. Like I can get a warrior inflicting bleeds but a mesmer sends a ribbon of music at the foe and it inflicts a bleed...?
    My thoughts exactly. Unless... it's a really really REALLY bad song... :P

So I'm a mesmer in a mid-sized WvW guild, so I'm still searching for a good build. I'm currently trying this one:

confusion & condition damage
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgUQNAr...oay0koJbTumkNB

Also, I don't have much time to farm dungeons for gear n gold, so I have an exotic Knight's set, I have quite low HP about 16k, which is manageable, but sometimes not. :P So, my guild is mostly using melee train tactics and I feel akward in the middle of action, I manage to kill 2-3 guys each attack and I average on about 10-12 badges per hour.

Any tips? Ideally, I'd like a build that could be used in smaller groups at the same time.

Pretty standard condition build. You just have to figure out when to time shatters well. 3x staff clones out is better then shattering and you leave those out till you know you are going to overwrite them such as when mirror images comes off cd or you know you are going to dodge which will create a clone or when you switch to scepter/torch for the burst.

Doesn't matter if you have 16k hp when you have 1.8k toughness.

The only downside to your build is conditions will rape you.

Hmm, that's kinda what I do anyway, how about Skale Venom? Should I use that? Oh, and how do I fit in this melee train thing? Or should I stay out of it?
    Last edited by Duncano; 2013-01-29 at 07:20 PM.