And chaos armor is nerfed to the ground.

Chaos Armor: This skill no longer automatically applies protection when activated. This buff now provides an equal chance to trigger regeneration, swiftness, or protection on hit with a 1-second internal recharge. The random condition applied now has a 1-second internal recharge per target. These changes apply to the Chaos Armor provided through combo finishers as well.
    R.I.P staff mesmers.

Hello greatsword again....
    Last edited by zito; 2013-07-09 at 02:13 PM.

I remember that change in like October, zito. This isn't really new.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I remember that change in like October, zito. This isn't really new.
    Um chaos armor hasn't had a random prot proc since beta and it didn't have a 1 sec ICD.

At most you will be able to get 2 boons and 2 conditions per chaos armor. That's a heavy nerf in a group situation and regen and swiftness are useless for survival on a mesmer.

Chaos Armor through fields lost the proc in beta, but baseline (Staff-4) lost it in like September/October some time. I see, it's the ICD now that's major piles of ass.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    It -could- be a buff i guess? It depends on if they kept the original 2s of Prot or if they gave it some real protection off the proc this time... that ICD on the conditions is stupid though, the whole point is to make yourself look like a not very good target to focus on, and having an ICD just doesn't do that...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Ok everyone I have finished my masterpiece.

I have spent 3 days total (not total hours) working with this. It is original, nobody else has done this and it is my baby..

Here you go:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...uild-w-Support

Yes I have tested this in game. It's my new build, I spent all my money for the gear. I love it, It's great in group fights even with other condition players (because you bring more then just conditions, a lot more).

I want opinions, criticism and such right MEOW
    Last edited by zito; 2013-07-20 at 11:54 PM.

Is it just me or do mesmers have the most powerful combo possibilities while soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Is it just me or do mesmers have the most powerful combo possibilities while soloing?
    It's just you

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's just you
    There's like a million ways to get chaos armor, and as a condition mesmer I can stack over 20 confusion easily with a gunner and ethereal field + scepter 3 + shatter 2.

Ok not a million but still, easily whenever staff 2 is off cd. Or sword 3.
    Last edited by Management; 2013-07-20 at 11:30 PM.

And then you realise that confusion does nothing to bosses and all the effort you spent into getting it up was a complete waste...

Earth and batle share CD's, I won't comment on the build since it's condition based/hybrid and you know how I feel about those

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    And then you realise that confusion does nothing to bosses and all the effort you spent into getting it up was a complete waste...

Earth and batle share CD's, I won't comment on the build since it's condition based/hybrid and you know how I feel about those
    Build has been changed. Confusion is a secondary condition you get based on shattering when illusion summoning is up. It is not the primary source of damage however there is a reason it does double damage in PVE so I max it's duration a long with every other condition (bleed, burning, vul).

I could use a condition duration staff, but then i lose a chunk of stats (crit, power and condition damage) and I would rather not do that. If there was another 10% condition duration rune that would be great.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-07-21 at 07:38 PM.

Rune of the Nightmare

Nvm that's 6%....

Is this still what you suggest using post-patch? I feel like my DPS has gone down noticeably. I didn't know if there's some things I should switch around to fix that or if it's just nerfs.

I don't know about any nerfs so in the last two patches, I'll check up though.

Checked the update notes and there's no mention of any nerfs, this doesn't mean they haven't stealth nerfed anything though.

I haven't played much the last couple of weeks and I didn't really notice any changes.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-07-26 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Is this still what you suggest using post-patch? I feel like my DPS has gone down noticeably. I didn't know if there's some things I should switch around to fix that or if it's just nerfs.
    Drop signet of illusions (nerfed) and replace focus for pistol when you don't need aoe warden or the pull.

Warden requires a foe to stand still in it and you waiting 6 seconds for the full damage to take effect before shattering. So when you shatter early or the foe moves you will notice a damage lose.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Drop signet of illusions (nerfed) and replace focus for pistol when you don't need aoe warden or the pull.
    No, S o Illusions should be changed to SO Inspiration (more team buffs)

Pistol should never be taken over focus since it does far less burst damage than warden and the goal is to shatter after the "attack".

Mhh that build isn't the one you should be using, there's a couple of traits wrong
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgEQNAs...UuER127ioVDA-e this should be better
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-07-26 at 05:05 PM.

No, S o Illusions should be changed to SO Inspiration (more team buffs)

Pistol should never be taken over focus since it does far less burst damage than warden and the goal is to shatter after the "attack".

Mhh that build isn't the one you should be using, there's a couple of traits wrong
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgEQNAs...UuER127ioVDA-e this should be better
    If you know the target is going to move or destroy anything in melee switch to pistol.

I always carry a pistol/focus/torch depending on the situation. Most of the time it's focus except for a few times. Offhand sword though? Yea I don't touch that.... thing and outside 1vs1 dueling servers I don't see anyone take it. (Not that it provides anything useful to the group or yourself defensive wise.)
    Last edited by zito; 2013-07-26 at 05:22 PM.

Yeah off-hand sword is great for tanky dueling, but I don't see much use for it outside of that. I used it for a tpvp bunker build, and it has some use in a WvWvW roamer bunker, but it's lack of utility kind of hurts it. Pistol provides a good bleed proc with sharper images and an stun/interrupt. Focus provides the only reliable speed boost, an aoe pull, a reflect, aoe dmg, and bleed procs. Sword is a block, a ranged daze and a spike damage. That's not a lot compared to the other off-hand options. Torch is in its own little place where it works with stealth/condy builds.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Focus provides a reflect. Sword is a block, a ranged daze and a spike damage.
    Focus only reflects when traited, otherwise it absorbs (warden).

If I recall correctly the phantasmal swordsman actually has the highest dps due to how fast he attacks, I could be mistaken. This doesn't matter for the build I linked though since you don't want high dps but high "burst" damage.

Focus only reflects when traited, otherwise it absorbs (warden).

If I recall correctly the phantasmal swordsman actually has the highest dps due to how fast he attacks, I could be mistaken. This doesn't matter for the build I linked though since you don't want high dps but high "burst" damage.
    It actually is about the same if warden gets all it's hits off but warden has combo whirl which is greatly better then leap (since leap is personal so it will only affect the phantasm). Even pistol combo field is better. Offhand sword is pretty lackluster with a .5 sec counter attack delay (leaving you a sitting duck if you dodge you lose it's damage and clone) and is horrible in a group fight both defensively and offensively.

It rivals scepter in the mostly useless weapon department for us.