10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the website links.

I'd like to do PvE and WvW...not really big into sPvP and my PvE experience thus far is limited to open world and living world and GS has worked perfectly fine for that but if I do start getting into dungeons and fractals I am concerned that I'm going to run into some flak from other group members for using GS, just based on all the people saying sword/X is better on different forums.

I do really like GS and phantasm though.

I AM wondering if I should go into some sPvP just to try out some builds and different weapons since you can easily change and try out anything you want in there. I didn't use much of any other weapon while leveling besides GS unless it was a little bit of staff or carrying around a focus for the speed boost.

This is pretty much the PvE build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQNAR...BsTShqTdpC4G-e

For WvW you are going to have to respec
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

This needed a bump to discuss the current discussion of the new Power Block trait.

read:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...lock-behaviour
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ve-Power-Block

TLDR: Possible return of shutdown Mes.

Power Block is able to interrupt skills not previously able to be interrupted. Most interestingly amongst these is adding a 10 sec CD to regular attacks and interrupting certain champ/boss skills through Defiant. Yup, control play in PVE! I feel that this sort of thing has been needed in the game and this is how traits SHOULD aim to function. They should offer some playstyle options or allow skills to do new interesting things.

Of course, there's balance questions, but running full interrupts on a Mes has a natural trade-off. You give up some personal survivalbility, a lot of damage, and utility to be primary a shutdown Mes. So you give up a good amount to be good at a specialty.

Also, I did some testing with other new GM traits. The new distortion trait has an ICD and doesn't work with Masterful Reflections, so it sucks hard. The boon on shatter is sort of nice for a tanky build. It can also be paired with heal on shatter, though you can't get deceptive evasion then. Main the Disillusoined is already showing up a lot in spvp, though no idea if its strong enough to stay. It does make for a condy shatter Mes to be more viable. I also noticed that Carrion gear has suddenly become an optin due to Power Block and MtD traits. Both of these normally run with Staff, but do not rely a lot on crit. Pretty good pairing with Carrion sets. The heal GM trait is just purposeless since there's little relevance to healing as a stat for Mesmers to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

And they just patched it out.

They accidentally expanded the PVE meta. Gotta nip that in the bud real quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defiant is seriously the worst mechanic in any video game ever. A lot of skills have CC attached to them whether you want to use it or not.

I totally lol'd at the patch notes hotfixing this so fast. Could have been interesting, meh.

I could have accepted the cooldown on boss autoattack part, clearly a bug.

Didn't they nerf bask venom too to where it does not ignore defiant anymore?... they rly want people to use this shitty ass system :3

If they made Power Block, Bask Venom and Ice Bow all ignore defiant then it would open up play. Also, let Stability overwrite Power Block, but their hotfix was dumb.

Also, Warden is broke in new ways it seems. Ferocity change hit Mesmer hard because their damage isn't that high to begin with and it's all non-weapon reliant, and has a sizable ramp up time as well.

JUST ARGH

I'm tired of fucking PU. I'm running Maim Dissillusioned whether its good or not. I just can't stand anymore PU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Defiant is seriously the worst mechanic in any video game ever. A lot of skills have CC attached to them whether you want to use it or not.

I totally lol'd at the patch notes hotfixing this so fast. Could have been interesting, meh.

I could have accepted the cooldown on boss autoattack part, clearly a bug.

Didn't they nerf bask venom too to where it does not ignore defiant anymore?... they rly want people to use this shitty ass system :3
    24 hours to completely neuter power block, almost a year to shave 8% from Healing signet.

What is life

What is the best duelling build atm?
    Thanks in advance!

PU no contest. Both power and condition PU are perfectly viable. Standard PU is 20/20/30/0/0 but really only 30 in chaos is a must. Anything is viable assuming you know what you are doing, from phantasm PU to staff clone spam PU. Great disengage too. Only minus is very likely low condition cleansing, but you can avoid/mitigate so much with plenty of stealth/protection/aegis/regeneration/vigor. Also very slow movement, so either take traveler runes or move like a turtle. Traveler runes are not great anymore though, there are much better runes so it's a problem.

Interrupt builds are also viable, but much harder to get the same results with. You need full knowledge of whatever build you are fighting and good reaction times. It's also the hippest build atm that trendy nerds like to brag about on forums. Viable but I very rarely meet one that actually gives me any trouble in a fair fight.

Not sure interrupt is great in a duel. I have found interrupt builds great as assist builds though.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    For Mesmer builds I like Osicat's site. http://osicat.weebly.com/
    That Osicat's "only eyes" picture creeps me out.