Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Need serious help for Resto DS hc

I've hit a sour and cold truth when it comes to my healing skills and that is i need some serious help when it comes to Hc DS healing. I will post a few links below to some WoL of me healing on 10 man Ultraxion hc, Spine and a madness attempt. I could also use some tips when it comes to my reforges, my current ones are set to Madness (My personal opinion on how it should be that is). Armory: eu.battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/karazhan/Macetrow/advanced

On Ultraxion hc i seem to go oom quite fast, if i don't get Green and Blue i'm dry on mana. Is my rotation wrong?
    WoL: worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-1ypenhtsaox2rdnz/details/0/?s=10626&e=10940

Spine Hc i seem to be using the wrong spells at the wrong times because i'm not doing the correct healing output as i should. Here's a link to our progress kill and a farm kill:
    Progress: worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-wi52cu5gr7su9qgt/details/2/?s=7838&e=8496
    Farm: worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-q67i5od74mwc2wgq/details/1/?s=147&e=776

On Madness Hc is where i need the most help, I'm struggling with where i should use what CDs and when to use what spells because i got a real mana issue unless i can load of a few Lightning Bolt and get a good timing with mana tide. Below is a link to one of our furthest attempts so far:
    worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-drp8v164wji72ubc/details/5/?s=6378&e=6904

I'm grateful for any tips from people who has a great knowledge on Resto Shaman, especially Madness HC.

for heroic madness i think you should be doign way more chain heals

check this log out
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bp...3&e=6574#Ellev

---------- Post added 2012-02-26 at 01:22 AM ----------

or http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xe...=4475#Ashunera

---------- Post added 2012-02-26 at 01:23 AM ----------

or http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xe...=4475#Ashunera

---------- Post added 2012-02-26 at 01:24 AM ----------

yea i think thats it do mroe chain heals
    im no expert and resto shamns so any experts out there give him advice if im wrong

Deleted
    First a comment - Focused Insight (the shot spells which grants effective to a healing spells) improves healing rain by 30%!
    that spells has helped me a lot! of course when aoe healing cast healing wave and spam chain heal - improve it if you got the time
    but overall cast shock --> healing rain really helps, trust me

I got an alternative specc then yours
    Aleito - Neptulon EU

First of all, your healing output doesn't seem bad to me.

About your gear : you're sitting between 2 haste caps so I would recommend to either remove some haste to go as close as possible to the 916 haste cap or get some more to go to the 2000+ cap (I don't remember how much exactly), since you're doing 10men you should choose the first solution : remove some. Your amount of spirit is good so reforge to crit or mastery depending on your preferences and on the boss fights.

Now, looking at your Spine logs (I never tried madness), I see a few things to improve :

1) It seems you are not using Healing Rain on cooldown though you are the only resto shaman in your raid, this means the Ancestral Vigor buff (10% hp) is not kept 100% of the time on everyone (only 67% uptime on yourself for example). You must use healing rain all the time especially on Spine/madness where the buff is most needed, this will not only boost your output via HR but also via Earthliving.

2) You shouldconsider dropping the Earth Shield glyph for Earthliving glyph, if you follow my 1) your healing through Earthliving should double therefore making the Earhtliving glyph slightly better than Earthshield unless your tank gets wrecked.

3) You're not using Chain Heal at all on one of your logs, CH heals a lot for its mana cost, use it whenever HR i son cooldown and aoe heal is needed. Only use GHW when high monotarget output is needed or when you want to remove a debuff on Spine.

4) About your mana : by following my 3) you should be using a lot less GHW, this will remove some stress on your mana but it'll not be enough. On your kill you threw 31 LB but only 26 landed, it's not bad but have you considered going for a 7/2/32 spec which will grant you the 17% hit needed to never miss ? Here is the log of our best attempt so far : clicky, you can see that I got 238k mana back from Telluric Current while you only got 143k. You got a lot of mana back through Resurgence but that should drop if you use GHW less often. Also try yo bring a sp/destro/ret to your raid if possible so you have Respenishment. And why is your priest not using Hymp of Hope ?

I hope this helps, note that I just switched back from elemental to resto so there are still a few things I'm not doing perfectly. Feel free to ask all the questions you want.

Seriously, you're telling someone to get 2/2 cleansing waters? Why don't you reforge to hit? That's a more effective way to hinder yourself.

- first: I can't find a trace of the heal from your maw on your Spine-progress-kill. Get a maw.

- second: stop using healing wave. Start to heal, start to throw lightning.

Your gearing is... special. You can easily get rid of ~600 Spirit. You're low on mastery. Your hasterating is right in between everything that's useful. Get down to ~1270 - or get up to 2005, if you're keen on haste.

Get blessing of the eternals. Even one point will boost your healing by ~5%.

Get Glyph of earthliving! Drop Watershieldglyph!

Seriously, start reading the guide on this forum... your char looks like you started playing yesterday.

On spine you're outdone by a discipline priest... aim to surpass him by far. Your druid seems to be in his offspecc, so this seems to be okay.

P.S.: If you would've been still progressing on spine HC, this would be a place to start a discussion about crit vs mastery to counter the debuff. But since this encounter is done for, there is no place in DS anymore where mastery doesn't shine.

Your problem on Ultraxion is, quite frankly, that you're lazy with DPS and that you're overhealing. One Lightning Bolt? You should have enough time to cast 50 Lightning Bolts on that fight. You should really start using your DPS totems too, as you have a mage for the spell power buff - you should be able to do ~2M damage while healing that fight. Not only is a more aggressive approach to healing going to help your raid a lot with beating enrage timers, but it's also going to help you cope with mana thanks to TC. Stop using silly little crap spells like Healing Wave and stop healing people who don't really need it, then use that time for Lightning Bolt. Also, your HoTs are all at 40-50% overhealing, so half of the Chain Heals and (Greater) Healing Waves you're casting aren't actually contributing any healing; they're just causing your other heals to overheal. Try to think more like a DPS, and try to make the most of every single second.

On Spine you should be able to use Chain Heal a lot more. If you target debuffed people at full health you can control how it bounces pretty well. Use Riptide on cooldown on a random debuffed target that you're not casting CH at. And again, stop using Healing Wave. The healing it does is so pathetic that GHW is actually more mana efficient if you take into account the TC regen that you're missing out on by using Healing Wave.

For Madness, use Chain Heal more. It does about the same HPS as GHW, but only costs half as much mana. Regarding use of cooldowns, the best advice I can give is "more". On the 8:45 attempt you linked, you used SWG once and MTT twice. You should have been able to use SWG 4-5 times, so you're wasting a lot of potential. It can be used either to cast LB faster to regenerate mana or to provide more throughput, so use it early and often. At least once per platform. Same thing with Mana Tide; use it earlier, and use it more often.

Overall, you're not using your cooldowns as much as you could, you're not using your powerful spells as much as you could, and you're not shooting Lightning Bolts as much as you could. Oh, and ditch Totemic Reach, get Blessing of the Eternals, and fix your glyphs (Earthliving > Earth Shield, if you really must have Water Shield).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.