View Poll Results: Fat or Extremly thin?

Voters
199. This poll is closed
  • Fat

60 30.15%
  • Extremly thin

139 69.85%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Would you rather be Fat or Extremly thin?

Would you rather be Fat or Extremly thin´?

Me and a friend was just talking about this the other day, and ive thought alot about it, for me, it would be fat, mostly because i've been fat before, but lost weight, so i would know what to do to get my weight down....But what about you guys?

Deleted
    How fat? I used to be super thin (50kgs), I was so thin i was turned down by the army. It was humiliating and i felt weak and childlike. I Worked hard, doubled my weight and now enjoy my army career. I swore i would rather die than go back to my old body.

But i would also hate to be so fat i could barely leave the house.

Since I'm fat I'll go with extremely thin.

I'm extremely thin (6'3" 130 pounds) and just recently started working out, so I gotta say extremely thin. It took less then 2 weeks to see a gain muscle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather thin. You may not be healthy past a certain point of thinness, but you're probably not as unhealthy as when you're fat. Plus, the heavier you are, the harder EVERYTHING is.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I'm extremely thin (6'3" 130 pounds) and just recently started working out, so I gotta say extremely thin. It took less then 2 weeks to see a gain muscle.
    Wow, that is thin. I'm 6'5" and 245 lbs, and most people consider me to be "normal weight." Everyone used to think I was super thin when I was 6'5" and 170 lbs.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Its harder to gain muscle than it is to lose fat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Extremely thin.

I can't imagine being fat. I like to be mobile, and fat people don't have a tendency of looking mobile. Being extremely thin, you can still move around like normal.

Besides, I take comments on being skinny as a compliment. I am really weird, but I actually like that. I am normal weight now, but apparently people always thought I was "so skinny" before. So yeah, I would definitly go for extremely thin.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2012-02-24 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I
    Wow, that is thin. I'm 6'5" and 245 lbs, and most people consider me to be "normal weight." Everyone used to think I was super thin when I was 6'5" and 170 lbs.
    My entire family has been the way I am. My dad was tall and skinny, along with my grandpa and even my great grandpa. They were all about 6' and only 130-135 pounds up until their low-mid 20s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Its harder to gain muscle than it is to lose fat.
    Christian Bale said it was much easier lose weight for The Machinist than it was to subsequently gain weight for Batman.

Still amazing to me that Bale went from 121 lbs at the end of The Machinist to 230 lbs at the beginning of Batman 6 months later.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Christian Bale said it was much easier lose weight for The Machinist than it was to subsequently gain weight for Batman.

Still amazing to me that Bale went from 121 lbs at the end of The Machinist to 230 lbs at the beginning of Batman 6 months later.
    Losing weight is easy, you just take in less calories than you need. Bodybuilding on the other hand takes strict discipline and training.

6'1" 175 and I'm definitely too thin, however in college I was more like 140-145. Its a lot of work to add weight and keep it on but I'd much rather fight to put on weight than fight to get it off.

How fat and thin are you talking about?

If the choice is 600 pounds or looking like after 2 years in a concentration camp, I'm really not sure.

Also, would we be allowed to try to get back to a normal weight afterward? If so I'd rather be exctremely thin, since it's probably easier to regain 50-60 pounds eating normally than it is to lose a few hundred pounds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    If so I'd rather be exctremely thin, since it's probably easier to regain 50-60 pounds eating normally than it is to lose a few hundred pounds.
    Not necessarily. There are people that are thin because they cannot gain weight. Those can eat as much as they like without gaining any weight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Not necessarily. There are people that are thin because they cannot gain weight. Those can eat as much as they like without gaining any weight.
    That was me at 16, i could eat like a pig and was still underweight. Putting on that much needed muscle was probably the toughest thing i have ever done. I was force feeding myself 6 high protein meals a day and killing myself in the gym following a body building routine. It pisses me off when people say all you need to do to add weight is eat more, that may be ok if you want to get flabby, otherwise its hard work.

I guess it matters how thin or fat, but I'd say thin since I'm 5'2'' 100-105 lb and don't have any problems doing regular stuff and people only tease me once in a while for being thin. Plus when I'm with friends or family people gladly give me extra food to "fatten me up" and I like eating. Also, if some aliens invaded and starting "serving" people I would last longer and may escape :P

Well, it depends. Is this anorexia or a beached whale?
    Skelington used to be fat in elementary school. Now he is thin and fabulous. But comparing the two, being fat just sucks all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Well, that assume that you are that thin for natural reasons. The example I gave above it was from forced starvation.

But even people with ridiculously high metabolisms can get fat if they tried hard enough. They simply have to eat so much that they can't burn it all off, or to change their dietary or exercise habits to induce a change in the body's chemistry to make it more susceptible to storing fat. The people I have known who are very thin and think they are eating a lot weren't really taking in as many calories as they thought. You think you're eating a lot? See that fat guy over there? He just ate 5000 calories of pizza and wings for one meal. He just ate 12 pieces of fried chicken for dinner.

Deleted
    Being superthin is not a problem, I know how to fix that

Deleted
    Thin if it means I keep my bone structure. I think I'd rather be fat than those horrible creatures that look like skeletons with two awkward balls on their chests they use for showing new dresses and in some old beach related TV shows. Being fat wouldn't be nice either but at least I would be able to lose it and be myself again.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'd rather be fat. I find the boney look to be very unappealing.
    Last edited by Snow White; 2012-02-25 at 04:32 AM.