Thread: Too much haste?

Deleted

Too much haste?

Greetings.
    I'm aware of that i have way too much haste and did try the idea of Gracfuldeath but wowreforge didn't give me any proper results since there is only hit option,if i try to put haste and mastery,it doesn't work.
    Here is my armory:eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-shatar/zomorod/advanced.
    Any advices are welcome,thanks in advance

Deleted
    Use reforge lite (ingame addon), and make a haste cap of 2681. Then you can add what value haste has after this, then you put it to a lower value then the rest, so it puts the rest into mastery > crit. It's very handy and very smart. Save the profile and wupti, you can go and reforge it everytime you go destruction.

The addon does the same as wowreforge, just that it does it all ingame and it automatically reforges your items, with 1 click on a button!

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for your reply
    I installed the addon (first time using such one) i must have missed something,i got more crit than mastery and according to my readings at my ilvl,it should be mastery-crit after haste ofc.
    Correct me if i'm wrong and thnaks again for your help.

I personally have problems recommending reforgelite just because of the consistently imperfect results it recommends even after sitting there for five minutes hitting calculate to get the best reforge setup. you're much better off using one of the sites combined with your own simulated weights in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomy View Post
    Thanks a lot for your reply
    I installed the addon (first time using such one) i must have missed something,i got more crit than mastery and according to my readings at my ilvl,it should be mastery-crit after haste ofc.
    Correct me if i'm wrong and thnaks again for your help.
    It might be because you took the destruction template, you need to make your own as the ingame template is not correct. Add your own values according to Destruction stat weight, and put them in.

@Above post

You can set up reforge lite to do exactly the same as wowreforge, so why would it be better? You can put the exact same values in that wowreforge uses, and the programming is the same : )

Are you sure they're coded the same way? I tried ReforgeLite a while ago and it was the hugest pile of crap I've ever downloaded.

It wasn't even right when I didn't have it working around a haste cap.

Unless it's changed recently, in which case I may pick it up (wowreforge is down a lot lately :|).

They are NOT coded the same way. Reforgelite basically tries a bunch of random combinations and just calculates the score of each combination with the stat weights you give, and gives you the best scoring randomly generated profile. So its complete RNG if you end up getting a good one after X amount of tries. Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    www.wowreforge.com

set hit to at least 1742, haste to at least 2681. click optimize. win

I don't have any problems with reforgelite, it always gives me the best results.

Deleted
    First of all i wanna thank you guys for your advices.
    I did play around with reforging and i noticed an improvement dps wise but still think i can squeeze a lil more (greedy:P.
    About wowreforge i still get that yellow icon when i set haste cap.
    Anyways thanks again guys..my armory is updated incase you have more tips.
    Kind regards.

ReforgeLite can be a bit finnicky at times, but I love it. Especially for DPS who are generally just thumping in a couple of stat caps it works beautifully. All of my issues with it have been tanking related....or my own fault.

It's not perfect, and does have just a bit of a learning curve. e.g. Hit 'show' after it's run to see the results and kick off the reforge spam. If you google around just a bit you can find walkthrough's pretty easily. Now that I'm familiar with it it's a "can't live without it" addon for me.

I understand the mechanics of it, it's just that when it comes to actually getting results from it, unless you're willing to spend a lot more time than its worth, you have a good chance that you will end up with results inferior to what you could get at wowreforge.com or doing it by hand (if you're a giant nerd like me).

Deleted
    This might be a tad off-topic but.. I simmed my destro lock with over 2681 (think it was around 2800) haste, and it still said that haste was worth like 1.6-1.7 while crit and mastery were around 1.2.

Now I'm not sure if I should keep reforging haste even though I'm over the cap or if I should switch to mastery/crit.

I've always found that ReforgeLite does not optimize as well as www.wowreforge.com, most notably on hit and haste thresholds.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a related note. I wanted to ask, is there an effective haste cap for Affliction?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Not, not really. Just stack it until you drop.