Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanero View Post
    Thanks for helping me pick out a new server to roll on Canderous Ordo seems pretty cool.
    It's not really. I mean, it's a bloody cancerous oreo. (If you want to do pvp, go 'pub. Emp has raiding though)

What a big job this must have been. Nice work.

I wouldn't listen to the posters who are criticizing your data. This stuff is easy to collect, and adhering to a rigid methodology doesn't strongly influence the accuracy of easily collected data.

I have a hunch that the median population you're showing (let's extrapolate it from 450 to 650) is not high enough for the long term, and that they'll start merging servers soon. If I recall, WoW servers went to queue at 3000-4000 concurrent users, just for reference.
    Last edited by Littleshashi; 2012-02-27 at 05:44 AM.

This wont show faction ballance but it is a more frequently scanned tool for population. The counting system is a bit odd but take a peek hopefully it helps.
    http://www.torstatus.net/

You can also check to see when servers are busy or not so you can find ones that are active durring your play times.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentus View Post
    Ure stats are flawed. Why?

I'm on The Harbinger. In Tatooine alone there's an average of 50 people online on Repiblic. Based on your faction stats it means that theres actually another 50 on the opposite faction.

You're also missin all of the instanced players in dungeons, raids and class quests.

There's more like 200,000 active concurrent subscribers online at any time, which is approximately 10% of th overall subscriber base.

In WoW it's also 10%
    I believe his stats alot more than yours.

Keep up the good work.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really looking forward to PvP server statistics! As many ppl stated, thank you for putting time into making this!

15+ Year Old Account
    I really think Bioware needs to take some official numbers and act to restructure after the initial burst of release. They need to keep the play experience good for players if they are to keep them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Morachnus View Post
    I really think Bioware needs to take some official numbers and act to restructure after the initial burst of release. They need to keep the play experience good for players if they are to keep them around.
    There are a handful of realms that never have more then 25 ppl in any one zone, which just sucks for trying to do anything. Compair that to some of the high pop ones with 150+ in multiple zones for hours on end and the game plays out so differently for some. More isn't always better but when some place like Harbinger has more ppl in Fleet then another server has on all the planets combined it makes a huge difference.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    There are a handful of realms that never have more then 25 ppl in any one zone, which just sucks for trying to do anything. Compair that to some of the high pop ones with 150+ in multiple zones for hours on end and the game plays out so differently for some. More isn't always better but when some place like Harbinger has more ppl in Fleet then another server has on all the planets combined it makes a huge difference.
    I'm on Shadow Hand, admittedly not the highest population, right now there are 40 people on fleet and zero on corelia. I will try to post at 7pm central and tell you exactly how many are on then. Usually though it's about the same. Most planets on this server are pretty much empty. I suppose it's different for empire though.

for 3:43 pm cst
    taris has 13, alderaan 8, tat 0, hoth 11, bal 0, belsavis 11, cor 0, il 0, coruscant 29

I think that's roughly everything. So all in all for one of the higher pop servers we have roughly 150 at most. Wz queue hasn't poped in awhile so I don't think there are many doing that. No one's looking for fps so yeah.

For people that don't know you can find this information out by typing /who then at the top just type the name of the planet.
    infracted because my signature was 69 pixels too high, awww look the cry baby QQ paid off.

These numbers are alarming.

I'm on Dreshdae Cantina (where it put my pre-launch guild), and the place is a barren wasteland (which your numbers corroborate).

Have you posted this on the official forums? There are multiple 50+ page threads of people bitching about their low server populations (with the fanbois saying it's fine, the servers are more populated than you think), with nary a reply from Bioware.

If they don't make a fast, swift decision, this game will be dead before it gets out the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Okereke View Post
    These numbers are alarming.

I'm on Dreshdae Cantina (where it put my pre-launch guild), and the place is a barren wasteland (which your numbers corroborate).

Have you posted this on the official forums? There are multiple 50+ page threads of people bitching about their low server populations (with the fanbois saying it's fine, the servers are more populated than you think), with nary a reply from Bioware.

If they don't make a fast, swift decision, this game will be dead before it gets out the gate.
    We're on month three, that's already out the gate.

Although, I started on Dreshdae in beta, wen't there during early access, and the pop already showed to be more "crude" than I cared for, so I re-rolled on Shii Cho, then my brother told me he was on Mask of Nihilus, so I went there instead. Sometimes, and yes I know people like their 50s, but sometimes people just need to cave and leave a dead server on their own and reroll. If a server has literally nobody on it, I'm pretty sure BW will notice.