Thread: piston doors

piston doors

What is the most compact way to create a set of double doors, 3 high, with pistons that open automaticly via pressure plates from both sides

Deleted
    Depends really how pretty you want it. You could just stack three (sticky)pistons on top of eachother on both sides and wire those to preassure plates?

Thats what i had in mind. My problem is the amount of space the redstone wire path takes up. Not in cluding the door and path blocks its taking uptoo much area its using a 5 by 6 area and i would like to get it under 3 by 4 if possible

I noticed having

[r][p]
    [_][p]
    r = redstone p = piston

powers both the piston that the redstone is directly linked into and the block it's on (powering the other piston too) allowing for a 2 high door..

I'm not exactly a redstone engineer here, experiment a bit and maybe look over http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_Circuits for ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Rainlights - 120 Blood Elf Monk (US-Illidan Horde)

That looks alot like i have except i've been making it wrap more because i've been trying to hide it all. The angle is a bit weird. I can't tell how you have the pressure plate connected to the rest looks like its just floating over it.

EDIT: nvm i figured it out, the delay to close is a nice touch but i don't think i need that part, tyvm
    Last edited by Wardonis; 2012-02-25 at 03:27 PM.